England: From Coast To Coast [Pictures]

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

England: From Coast To Coast [Pictures]

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

I returned this week from England, having enjoyed there both the wonderful city of London (with gas attacks, bombings, "St Joan", Wicked and "Waterstone" bookshops. :)) and the natural wonders of the English countryside (Primarily, The Lake district). :D.

In said countryside, I embarked on half the that famous route , the Coast To Coast, which traverses England from East to West (Or Vice Versa if you're feeling bored).
I walked 88 Miles=145.6 Kilometers in 6 days with my parents, and had a bloody amazing time, especially in the fair Lake district.

And now, some pictures (With another 24 best HERE and the full set available on demand.):

-----------

Ah, the beautiful weather and puffy clouds... (England has, in my firm opinion, the most beautiful white, fluffy clouds in the world. Being from a cloudless desert nowadays only reinforces that opinion)

[Left] The William Wordsworth memorial garden. (We also visited his cottage, he lived all his life in the Lake district, calling it "The most beautiful place on Earth"

[Right, Above] The Beach-cliffs from St.Bees (Our first day).. Those black and white dots? They're Thousands of Puffins

On some days, you just need to rest and look at the clouds.

(Although, on the rest of the days we had Constant rain and flooding on the paths. I lost 3 sets of shoes to the rain, lakes, knee deep peat-bogs, swamps, cowpats, sheep-pats, stones, barbed wire & marshes. It was of course, all worth it. :D)
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Beautiful. I particularly like the picture of the moss-encrusted tree at the edge of the water.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

(Although, on the rest of the days we had Constant rain and flooding on the paths. I lost 3 sets of shoes to the rain, lakes, knee deep peat-bogs, swamps, cowpats, sheep-pats, stones, barbed wire & marshes. It was of course, all worth it.)
Yeah, I was going to say, where the bloody hell did you get sunshine at the moment? Looks like you've got some very good shots.
andrewgpaul
Jedi Council Member

Post by andrewgpaul »

Plenty of sunshine up north, wraith; Glorious sunshine this past week in Scotland, and it's the driest July on record :)
"So you want to live on a planet?"
"No. I think I'd find it a bit small and wierd."
"Aren't they dangerous? Don't they get hit by stuff?"
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Crazedwraith wrote:
(Although, on the rest of the days we had Constant rain and flooding on the paths. I lost 3 sets of shoes to the rain, lakes, knee deep peat-bogs, swamps, cowpats, sheep-pats, stones, barbed wire & marshes. It was of course, all worth it.)
Yeah, I was going to say, where the bloody hell did you get sunshine at the moment? Looks like you've got some very good shots.
The very last day (And half of the first) were beautifully sunny. The rest of the time I needed to rely more on height and good timing than any light.
FSTargetDrone wrote: Beautiful. I particularly like the picture of the moss-encrusted tree at the edge of the water.
Thanks, the whole memorial site was amazing (They were starting work on a field of wild dandelions, but it was still a work in-progress, along with the Wordsworth plot in the local cemetery being repaired).

And thank you very much for the comments :D.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.