havokeff is drawing (NSFW)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

RazorOutlaw
Padawan Learner

Post by RazorOutlaw »

That's just fucking ridiculous, but of course I mean that in a good way. Minor nitpick: you got his dorsal fins wrong, (another but here) but that was always something I strived to get accurate when I drew him.

Other than that you took my request and I feel all tingly inside. I love the picture.
Sig.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Fucking awesome. I especially love how the Marines are still like, "Fuck it, we can still take him!"
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

You ever play C&C renegade? Because the cut scene at the end of the first mission (where havoc's standing at the entrance to what used to be the nod base with the mammoth tank behind him) would look great in your style.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
RazorOutlaw
Padawan Learner

Post by RazorOutlaw »

Academia Nut wrote:Fucking awesome. I especially love how the Marines are still like, "Fuck it, we can still take him!"
Indeed, I love Godzilla and all but I'm looking at that picture and thinking "It's only a matter of time before he falls."
Sig.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Academia Nut wrote:Fucking awesome. I especially love how the Marines are still like, "Fuck it, we can still take him!"
How are the Marines? It's the first time I've drawn them so I fudged some of the details. Did I capture the appropriate "badassedness"?
Marko Dash wrote:You ever play C&C renegade? Because the cut scene at the end of the first mission (where havoc's standing at the entrance to what used to be the nod base with the mammoth tank behind him) would look great in your style.
I played Command and Conquer if that is what C&C is, but only the original I think.
RazorOutlaw wrote:That's just fucking ridiculous, but of course I mean that in a good way. Minor nitpick: you got his dorsal fins wrong, (another but here) but that was always something I strived to get accurate when I drew him.

Other than that you took my request and I feel all tingly inside. I love the picture.
And it's MY Godzilla drawing. I can do his fins how I want to! Stoopid fins. I couldn't remember what they looked like!
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

I think you captured the badassedness perfectly, especially the guy in the foreground. That's what makes it look like "We can take him" more than anything else.

Also, if you happen to be looking for new material to play around with, I have a couple of suggestions. *shameless self-whoring goes here*
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

HOLY SHIT. Those gun-wielding Romans look EXACTLY as I envisioned the troops of my TGG power, when it came into existence (which was around the 2nd century AD).

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Well, havokeff just poured pure awesome into the Internets. Seriously.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Finally have all my drawings together under one roof. Mine. :D
I found these in about 5 400 page sketch books that I have. Most of the stuff is hard for me to understand and look at so I grabbed the best of the lot.

A futuristic samurai and a girl to boot, just so everyone knows I'm not sexist :wink:

Master and Padawan

Hiding from the Empire

Charging Padawan

Just a pretty, well endowed girl in a field

Star Wars spaceship

Always my favorite fight. The Hulk Vs The Thing.

So the Mirror Universe Borg (they would be good right?) get assimilated by the re founded Terran Empire and they upgrade a ship with all their tech and come back in time and attack the future Federation. You dig?

The ULTIMATE wanked Star Fleet ship. The U.S.S. Frontier. Comes standard with 1 Galaxy Class, 1 Intrepid Class, 1 Defiant Alpha Class, 6 Defiant Class ships, 1 McCoy Class medical ship and 73 Vigilante Class star fighters. You DIG?

Some funky warriors... A prince and his sworn body guard if I recall.

More warriors... A princess and her sworn protectors. Same universe as the guys above.

A young Sith apprentice. Secret asteroid fortress is just one of the perks of joining the Sith. :wink:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Man hav, you sure can pump a large amount of quality pictures. Nicely done.
What is Project Zohar?

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Ford Prefect wrote:Man hav, you sure can pump a large amount of quality pictures. Nicely done.
Oh no. All of the pics in the last post are at least 2-3 years old. I just finally gathered all my shit together out of other people's attics and storages and was excited to see some of these old drawings.

I'm getting fast again, but not quite that fast... Yet. ;)
Last edited by Havok on 2007-07-29 07:52am, edited 1 time in total.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Another strong female character.

More from Blank Yellow, as is the girl above.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

That is a serious knife. As is the dude in the second pic. This 'Blank Yellow' really dos look pretty fucking badass. :D
What is Project Zohar?

Lord Woodlouse
Mister Zaia

Post by Lord Woodlouse »

These are awesome, but the strong female characters need larger breasts... :P
Check out TREKWARS (not involving furries!)

EVIL BRIT CONSPIRACY: Son of York; bringing glorious summer to the winter of your discontent.

KNIGHTS ASTRUM CLADES: I am a holy knight! Or something rhyming with knight, anyway...
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

You should do comic books and movie story boards, havokeff...
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Big Orange wrote:You should do comic books and movie story boards, havokeff...
As I recall, hav is actually interested in becoming a comic book artist.
What is Project Zohar?

Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Ooooh!

Very nice. I can see you progressing into comic book artist territory with a touch of practice.

Are you still taking requests?
XXXI
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Apparently yes - Havokeff was good enough to draw some "Jotun" power armor designs for me. From what I've seen so far, I can't wait until he calls them done and posts them.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Posted this in PSW in the thread that inspired it as well.

Emperor Vader.

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

That he sits like Conan is unspeakably badass ... though it really needs his cape in there.
What is Project Zohar?

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

which now brings to the bear's mind, how would H. draw Conan or Slaine?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

A composite I did for Academia Nut's latest story in Fanfics. This is the latest version.

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Everything is fantastic, just 2 quick comments:
1. Emperor Vader is even better than the rest (Though that may be simply due to the thematic material).
2. The Hulk vs Thing pic isn't done that well in the character shapes, you've painted Hulk as a slightly muscular man with a funny head, and Thing looks lanky. (Quibbles, but if you ever want to go pro, it's the medium details that'll get your work submitted, methinks. :wink: )
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

The Vader pic seemed really cool until it occurred to me that it looks like he's sleeping. Then I mentally transfer him onto an easy chair in front of a television, and it's just hilarious.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Lord Woodlouse
Mister Zaia

Post by Lord Woodlouse »

Say, how are you with colouring? I wonder if there are some people on the forum who'd like to try their hand at adding some colour to these fabulous pics? :)
Check out TREKWARS (not involving furries!)

EVIL BRIT CONSPIRACY: Son of York; bringing glorious summer to the winter of your discontent.

KNIGHTS ASTRUM CLADES: I am a holy knight! Or something rhyming with knight, anyway...