V:tM - New Orleans by Night

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

(( psst....last I remember, both Michael and Joshua were already inside... ))
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

I stepped from the steadily filling night club as the warmth of my meal still flowed through me. God how I love these times. People believe in us so little, in anything that challenged their perseption of their little universe really, that they actually pretended to BE us. Anything to bring interest to their pathetically banal lives I suppose. It suits me just fine. Five lovely, young, clean, slightly drunk, and slightly hypnotized ladies later I was ready to meet my aquantances of the night before. How easy it was to be a vampire in the twenty-first century. They had even opened their own vains themselves for me.

Turning the corner to the side alley, I grabbed the duffle bag I had stashed their, the sum total of my belongings, and started my walk to the Lady Bruck's antique shop.

Grey pants and a black T-shirt were my attire for the night. All covered with a long black trench. The coat was more for covering the two foot blade I now carried than anything else. I wasn't going to be caught empty handed this time.

After an hour's walk or so, I stopped in from of the store and checked the card I had been given to be sure I had the right place. Taking a casual look around the street I opened the door and entered.

"Hello?"
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Jack roared down the street on his motorcycle, thoughts in a tempest of suspicions, fears and anger. He had just arrived in this city with the hope of settling down and watching over his family when a war breaks out amongst the kindred. A coup? Who the hell was anyone kidding? This smelled of something far more dangerous. Even the streets seemed to be different, the air smelled...dangerouos. It was as if he were being watched from all sides.

As he made a circutous route to the store in the hopes of identifying if he was being followed, he realized that he was alone and stopped his bike several blocks from the store.

He kicked out the stand and stepped off, keeping an ear and eye out for any potential dangers. He was certain that his family was safe. ms. Bruck had been true to her word. They even concocted a believeable story for his wife and off she went.

What hurt more than anything else, more than the fact that he was being dragged into a war he did not want to fight, that he could not know peace even here, that he felt liek a pawn on a chessboard was the fact that he had not been able to see his wife and children. They fled in the dawning if a new day while he slept fitfully in a makeshift haven set up in one of teh forgotten parts of town.

He strode over to the store, cutting through side streets and occasionally taking to the roofs of buildings as an extra precaution before lowering himself down and standing at the entrance.

He sighed deeply, fixed his sunglasses and stepped into the store.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

The doors to the Eye of Horus burst open and three men strode in. two were immediately ignored. Simple brutish ghouls in the service of the Prince' main brute. They were simply there to add to the intimidating presence of their master.

Johnny RedTalon smiled as he strode through the doors and regarded the night crew with a disdainful sneer. He wore a battered denim jacket and filthy jeans. His cowboy boots clicked on the hardwood floors and his hair was long and ragged, several beads and feathers were worked into his locks for religious or decorative purposes no one dared ask Redtalon. Despite the fact that he was nearly as pale as any other kindred there was a definate red hue to his skin belying his Native American ancestry.

"Anna Bruck." he said simply and waited by the bar, arm's crossed across his chest. Redtalon was not a big man but his presence more than made up for it. There was a predatory aura to him, that unlike most kindred was quite palpable even to mortals.

"Uh, she's not available right now." her bartender replied hesitantly.

Redtalon seemed to ignore him for a moment. He began playing with a toothpick in a dispenser at the bar.

"Do you know who I am?" he asked darkly.

"Of course."

"Who am I?"

"Y..you're Johnny Redtalon, you're the Prince's Sheriff."

"Ah, yes. You know who I am so ignorance cannot be your excuse." Johhny whipped out a hand and caught the bartender by the throat and slammed his head down the bar. Johhny lowered his lips to speak directly into the bartender's ear.

"I am the Prince's Sheriff, and he has sent me to speak to Ms. Bruck regarding certain matters. There's been a shift in power, unfortunate but these things happen. We need to make sure that all our resident elders and important kindred know where their loyalties lie. I am here to remind them of that." he whispered icily.

"You tell that prissy bitch that although I never liked her but she WILL be brought to heel on this matter. She may have thought that she was immune to my touch because of her prior relationship with our prince but tell her things change, we may not change but circumstances do and I WILL be back."

Redtalon released his grip on the bartender and snapped his fingers as he strode out, the ghouls immediately stepped in line behind him.

"Let's go see that walking anachronism, Oswald. He may need some reminding too" Redtalon growled.

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Necro99 wrote:Three questions:
Can i play?
Is it bad if i dont have the manual?
How do i make a vamp?
What he said, plus:

- Is this a fanfic or a game? (or both?)
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Game.

Yes.
Ask Kelly.
Ask Kelly.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Thanks.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Mark S wrote:"Hello?"
Dachlan turned in the direction of the voice, and saw Joe standing there.
He crossed the few meters to where Joe was standing.
"Good evening, Joe," Dachlan's crystal clear voice answered Joe's calling. "Couldn't resist the invitation, too? I guess it's going to get quite busy in this shop tonight."
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Colin stayed outside for a moment as Dachlan and his meal walked in, soon enough he followed behind the two and entered the store. Colin looked around at all of the old artifacts Anna had apparently collected over the years, and msot of them seemed to be Ancient Eqyptian, if he didn't know better Colin would've said she was a Settie.

Colin turned as Jack walked into the store. "Hello again, good to see that I'm not the only one who's going to be stirring up a little trouble in this city." Colin smiled underneath the scarves before turning away to look at another display.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

Under a crystalline night sky, a silver Porsche 911 crawled to a slow stop behind the other cars parked in front of the shop. Anton stepped out, his tongue licking the still warm blood off his extended fangs. It had been a last minute decision to come here and his reasions were purely selfish, though the same could be undoubtedly said about others, he thought.

Vampires were far from big happy family whose members helped each other in times of crisis. No, they were back stabbing manipulators cursed to a nightmarish life of undead. Used car salesmen in their lemon yellow suits were probably the only beings on Earth who were worse.

Standing in front of the cozy-looking antique shop, Anton took a deep breath. This is not my not my war - what I'm doing here? No regrets... no remorse.

He walked in, his overcoat flowing behind.
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

((first, Verilon: Just read through the thread and jump back in. And anyone interested in joining, go to http://www.white-wolf.com, check out the stuff on V:tM and then PM me with what you want to play))
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Alec woke up late. It was already night by the time he woke up. He slowly shook off the last shreds of sleep. He immediately noticed Anna was no longer in bed with him.

Frantic he looked around. He saw her at her desk translating the book he had brought back. He could tell from her body language that she was nervous and agitated.

"What's it say? Are there any clues to why the grave robbing sonsofbitches want that book so bad?"
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Anna was pale... paler than normal. She sat looking at the book, a hand over her mouth. She continued translating, her writing hand moving on its own volition. The pen dug into the paper. She was not happy.

Alec appeared at her shoulder and she looked up. "Alec... this is beyond anything. It's..." She shook her head and looked back down at the book. Still she could not believe her eyes. She stood and handed him the translation as she went to dress.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Alec read the translation. After he finished it he read it again to make sure he really had got it right.

"Shit! I suppose that explains why the Giovanni were willing to bust up your bar in plain veiw. This could bring half the Camarilla down on them. And not to mention bring the Ventrue into open war. Are you sure this is real?"

Alec still couldn't believe it. The gall of the Giovanni was amazing. This was bad news real or not. Even the possibility would likely be enough to start a full out war.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

"I don't know," she said as she pulled on a pair of jeans. "I'd say so since the Giovanni are so anxious to get it back." She tucked in her shirt before buttoning and zipping them up. "Hopefully Roland will contact me tonight. If not... I guess we wait."

She moved over to Alec and wrapped her arms around him, burying her face in his shoulder. "I don't want it to be true. So many people will die if it is."
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Alec held her tight. She was a rarity among the Kindred, a vampire that cared for the rest of her kind even mortals somewhat. But he had to tell the truth.

"Anna, I don't think it's going to matter in the long run. The possibilty that it would provide the excuse to start a war. And of course all the power grabs and territory gains that go with it. You know as well as I do that even if it isn't authentic it could be used and abused." Alec sighed

"And if it is real, war might be better than just leaving the Giovanni alone."
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Anna sank into his arms. This young man who came to her so long ago to become a Vampire intentionally had been quite cynical. Now he was kinder and gentler, yet still had a hard edge. He wasn't trying to hurt her, but he wouldn't lie either. "We best get downstairs and see if anyone has arrived."

As she slipped on a pair of shoes, her cell phone rang. She quickly picked it up and checked the call waiting. "It's the bar," she muttered as she answered. "Yes?"

She listened as the bartender relayed the entire confrontation he'd just had with the new "sheriff". She frowned deeply and hung up. "We now have bigger problems. Darian seems to have been ursurped."
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

"That's not suprising, Anna. Ever since last night, he would never have stood for that. Darian might be tough bastard but he remembers his friends. He wouldn't have sold you out like that."

Looking worried he asked "So what happened at the bar? Is everyone alright?"

Alec was pulling on his rumpled pants and dress shirt, all that he had since he couldn't get to his place. Oh, well. No sense dying for fashion's sake. I just wish I could have gotten a chance to feed. Well, I suppose there was a little from Anna. But that was more erotic than anything.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

"Redtalon burst in threatening everyone and said the city is under new power." She took his hand as they left the room and headed down to the store proper. "Everyone is fine, but this doesn't bode well. I'm curious to know who *IS* in charge now."
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

((So is Stravo a GM in this now?))
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Mark S wrote:((So is Stravo a GM in this now?))
(Sort of. He and I have been helping Kelly out)
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Think of me more as an assistant director, there to help out whenever a new character needs to be introduced or Kelly is busy with another aspect of tehstor. This is Kelly's show, I'm just helping out.

Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Dahak wrote:"Good evening, Joe," Dachlan's crystal clear voice answered Joe's calling. "Couldn't resist the invitation, too? I guess it's going to get quite busy in this shop tonight."

I heard DeVries greeting as I came fully into the shop and made sure the door was closed behind me. He was right. The place already held a few familiar faces. ((How much room does this main store area have?)) DeVries and that poor bastard from last night, the one who had called DuMont's name, Colin from the end of the night, and a couple others I had seen were all there. No sign of Reece or the Russian though. Not to mention Bruck herself.

"Well," I answered the man as my eyes made their way around the room. "We never did get any explaination. I'm still curious as to the story behind this. Not to mention all the book business."

The shop looked to me as tasteful and well decorated as the night club. Various pieces of various histories hung on the walls or were neatly displayed in glass cases. As I walked slowly towards the main group and into the room proper the floor creaked with the exhaustion of countless years of service, just like any good antique store's floor should.

In short order the rumble of a powerful engine announced another presence outside and the Russian entered. Not long after him it was Reece. That made pretty much everyone I had seen fighting except the lunatic Mal. With the word coup being thrown around last night I had to wonder if these were the total numbers for our side. More importantly, would they be enough?

As I finished my initial survey I leaned into Devries and nodded impreceptibly to the young one who had pointed DuMont out so publicly the night before. I quitely asked for confirmation of if that was the same person, barely moving my mouth as I spoke. I knew that one was tied up in something having to do with books. I had seen him trying to get at Mal's.

As DeVries nodded slightly his agreement, I heard movement coming into the room from somewhere in the back. With no outward appearance of concern my right hand moved to grasp the well-worn hilt of my hidden shortsword. That grip loosened as the sounds turned into Bruck and DuMont. The grip loosened but not my readiness.
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Jack casually admired the stores wares but kept his eye on his surroundings, noting the same faces as last night and nodding a greeting to each. he waited pateintly to see what sort of trouble he had gotten himself in this time.

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

It *i* getting pretty packed with vampires in here...
He felt Josh get closer to him. He didn't seem to trust the other Vampires that much.

Before Dachlan could answer Joe, he saw Anna and Jack emerge. They seemed to be a bit on the edge.
He was really anxious to know what they might have to say...
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.