The Bourne Ultimatum Machinima Contest

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

The Bourne Ultimatum Machinima Contest

Post by Lord Poe »

I entered this contest machinima.com is holding, where you supply the video, and they supply the audio and graphics.

Check out my entry here:

Entries

Mine is titled, "Mr Poe's THe Bourne Ultimatum"

You can see the trailer its based on here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0VnUTStnvc

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Schuyler Colfax
Jedi Master

Post by Schuyler Colfax »

I liked yours but, my hat goes off to the smash brothers one.
Get some
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Re: The Bourne Ultimatum Machinima Contest

Post by Enigma »

I take it you used the game "The Movies" plus the expansion pack to make this? I loved The Movies especially when your reached the part of the game that lets you have virtually complete control over making a movie. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

I'd say Poe's trumps the others with the WoW version coming in second. The rest were rubbish, especially the one with the person using Halo 2 gameplay.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Soontir C'boath wrote:I'd say Poe's trumps the others with the WoW version coming in second. The rest were rubbish, especially the one with the person using Halo 2 gameplay.
Cool! I could use your votes when the time comes!

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Really nice work.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

The Bourne Ultimatum Contest: Please Vote!

Post by Lord Poe »

UPDATE:

Hey all, I made it in the top 10! To recap, Machinima.com is holding a contest to see who can make the best Bourne Ultimatum machinima trailer, using sound and graphics they provide. The Top 10 were just picked, for the vote for the Top 3 finalists. So... if you would, (and if you think my version of the trailer is deserving) vote for me! Follow the link below:

MR POE'S THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM

Thank you!

ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Personally...I like the half life 2 version...

Could you upload it on youtube by the way?
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Gave yours a five, Poe. Looking at the others, the Bourne Again clip looks good as well as some others. You got stiff competition but I hope you make it.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Soontir C'boath wrote:Gave yours a five, Poe. Looking at the others, the Bourne Again clip looks good as well as some others. You got stiff competition but I hope you make it.
Thanks! Secretly, I'm damned happy none of the Halo entries made it to the top 10.

ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Poe, is there a shaky cam function in 'the movies' ?

If there is any weakness about your clip, it would be...the shaky cam and the character's movements.
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

ray245 wrote:Poe, is there a shaky cam function in 'the movies' ?

If there is any weakness about your clip, it would be...the shaky cam and the character's movements.
No shaky-cam.

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Here's a look at the greenscreen work for my entry into the Bourne Ultimatum Machinima contest, MR POE'S THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM.

For the opening shot of the woman at the desk, I filmed her first with a greenscreen background behind her and the desk. I then took a screenshot of the office back wall, and added the two flagpoles:

I then chroma-keyed that screenshot with the woman at the desk, to mimic the scene from the film:

For the scene where Bourne is being discussed, I snatched a page from the "America's Most Wanted" website, and inserted Bourne's picture and name:

For the roof jump scenes, I had two greenscreen shots. There was this one:

...where the Bourne character was filmed jumping into a green void, then the building he was jumping to was keyed in later. For the other jump shot, I took a shot of one of the building windows, and hollowed it out with green:

I then filmed the interior of the hotel bedroom set, and keyed that in, and made that a seperate piece of film. I then filmed Bourne once again jumping in a green void (from the back), then placed it over the above piece of film.

For the final shot, I looked up some MPAA and Universal graphics, and put them together on a green background:

...so I could mimic the final shot of the trailer. I added the Decca Records text as well.

MR POE'S THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM

Please Vote! Thank you!