Can anyone identify this?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Simmon
Youngling

Can anyone identify this?

Post by Simmon »

I've been forced to stop lurking. I've come across a song called “An T-óglach”. My google-fu failed so I turn to the board. All I’ve been able to find is that the title means “Volunteer” or something to that effect. Does it ring a bell for anyone? If so, lyrics (and hopefully translations) are appreciated.

Oh yes, and rather then spamming with two threads, (I know this is in the wrong place), my Rogers e-mail is now inactive and I was wondering what the policy is regarding changing an email address to a free online one is.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Re: Can anyone identify this?

Post by Chardok »

Simmon wrote:I've been forced to stop lurking. I've come across a song called “An T-óglach”. My google-fu failed so I turn to the board. All I’ve been able to find is that the title means “Volunteer” or something to that effect. Does it ring a bell for anyone? If so, lyrics (and hopefully translations) are appreciated.

Oh yes, and rather then spamming with two threads, (I know this is in the wrong place), my Rogers e-mail is now inactive and I was wondering what the policy is regarding changing an email address to a free online one is.
That looks like...Klingon! :D
Atavarius
Padawan Learner

Post by Atavarius »

Maybe this?
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

All I've found is that it's by a group called Danú.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Atavarius wrote:Maybe this?
No, because a group recording Amhrán na bhFiann would probably list it as Amhrán na bhFiann, much like US muscians are unlikely to label the Star Spangled Banner as anything other than what it is.

Executor32 - it's Irish Gaelic. Beyond that, I'm not of much help to you. You might be able to find out more through something like Green Linnet Records or Shonachie (which I've probably misspelled) or some sort of Irish site focusing on folk/Celtic music and groups.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

How about THIS?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Simmon
Youngling

Post by Simmon »

Both those links mention a magazine of the same name. I was talking about a song. :)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

:oops: Sorry. Just skimmed the OP.
BUT it looks like you are out of Luck of The Irish. :wink:

Also, there is a fee for signing up with a free e-mail account. You may just have to pay that. 10 bucks I think. It's somewhere in the announcements/FAQ.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

havokeff wrote::oops: Sorry. Just skimmed the OP.
BUT it looks like you are out of Luck of The Irish. :wink:

Also, there is a fee for signing up with a free e-mail account. You may just have to pay that. 10 bucks I think. It's somewhere in the announcements/FAQ.
The fee is to stop people signing up just to spam. I don't think it really applies to him, especially as he's already registered and posting.
Simmon
Youngling

Post by Simmon »

That's why I'm uncertain.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: Can anyone identify this?

Post by LadyTevar »

Simmon wrote:Oh yes, and rather then spamming with two threads, (I know this is in the wrong place), my Rogers e-mail is now inactive and I was wondering what the policy is regarding changing an email address to a free online one is.
Email an Admin.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet