[b]AWESOME[/B] Tattoo

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Havok
Miscreant

[b]AWESOME[/B] Tattoo

Post by Havok »

My girlfriend got this today and I just had to share. Fucking AWESOME!

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Someone's a Ravenloft fan I see :D . Nice tattoo, is it a permanent one or Air-brush?
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

That better not be permanent. If something screams "bitter regret", it's waking up in thirty years with a giant, droopy drawing of a character no-one cares about on your back.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Bounty wrote:That better not be permanent. If something screams "bitter regret", it's waking up in thirty years with a giant, droopy drawing of a character no-one cares about on your back.
True, in addition to the "tacky" factor of it appearing to be Dracula in his role of The Joker. :|
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

That is far from awesome. It looks extremely stupid, in my opinion. Why the fuck get a tattoo that large?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Imagine cuddling up with your girlfriend and then getting a facefull of THAT! :)
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

That´s a kickass tatoo. Congrats. :D
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

:lol: Well just to clear things up. It's not from ravenloft. I, nor my GF, has any idea what that is.

It is Alex Ross's interpretation of the Joker, taken from a painting he did of The Joker and Harley Quinn, -HQ.

It seems to have a little Jack Nicholson in it.

And luckily for you guys it's my GF and not yours and as stated in the OP, I think it is AWESOME. :wink:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Imagine cuddling up with your girlfriend and then getting a facefull of THAT! :)
I was thinking more along the lines of having to look into the guy's face every time it was doggy-style time
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

here is the pic used for the tat.

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

It's well done, but I can understand people's reservations. I wouldn't get it, certainly.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Bounty wrote:That better not be permanent. If something screams "bitter regret", it's waking up in thirty years with a giant, droopy drawing of a character no-one cares about on your back.
Second/third/fourth this comment.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Howedar wrote:
Second/third/fourth this comment.
The drooping thing is kinda a myth, I say kinda, because if you get really sick and loose weight fast, it can happen, but other wise I've never seen anything close to a droopy effect. Fading yes.

I also fail to see how a character as iconic as the Joker is one that no one will care about. Bounty wrote his post though under the impression that it is from something called raveloft, I believe.

Also, and I don't expect too many people her to understand this as this isn't exactly the tattooing crowd, most people, my GF included, don't give two shits if "no-one cares" about their tattoos. It is a personal thing.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Well, yeah. I mean, it's her body. But I wouldn't want to do that to myself (though the idea of tattooing an angry or silly face onto my gut is pretty appealing).

What's a ravenloft?
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

I also fail to see how a character as iconic as the Joker
No-one here recognised the picture until you specifically pointed it out...
Also, and I don't expect too many people her to understand this as this isn't exactly the tattooing crowd
Well, I do know a few people who are into tattoos and body modification in general, so it's not exactly the first time I've seen a big tattoo. That said, I also know these things are permanent and she'll have to live with this on her back when she's 40, 60, 80 - there's a reason why many people go for more timeless motifs like flowers, animals or abstract forms.

If she's happy with it, good for her. Doesn't mean no-one can tell you it probably wasn't the brightest idea.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Bounty wrote:No-one here recognised the picture until you specifically pointed it out...
I did. :P
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Bounty wrote:
I also fail to see how a character as iconic as the Joker
No-one here recognised the picture until you specifically pointed it out...
Also, and I don't expect too many people her to understand this as this isn't exactly the tattooing crowd
Well, I do know a few people who are into tattoos and body modification in general, so it's not exactly the first time I've seen a big tattoo. That said, I also know these things are permanent and she'll have to live with this on her back when she's 40, 60, 80 - there's a reason why many people go for more timeless motifs like flowers, animals or abstract forms.

If she's happy with it, good for her. Doesn't mean no-one can tell you it probably wasn't the brightest idea.
I think just you and Death didn't recognize it. :wink:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

My first thought was "someone here's a big Shining fan..."
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

I recognized the fucking picture and I don't read comics, so if you want something that is interesting and sparks conversation, it's rather good.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

You can allready laser your tattoos away and the technique of lasering will surely improve in the next 20,30,40,50 years, so it´s not necesarily that permanent.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Personally I am a fan of tattoos, i have 2 so far and more on the way when I get the chance. However I wouldn't get on that large or hard to cover up. My tattoo's are personal to me and I love then, but I understand the impression they can make.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

No one's opinions about other people's tattoos are as strong as a non-tattooed person's opinions...

When I see octogenarian WWII vets with tattoos up the the yin-yang, I think to myself "What a badassed old fart"; a quality inking like that will stand the test of time quite well, I imagine.

I recognised it immediately as being The Joker.

Your girlfriend has awesome and mighty Thatchers for getting that, havokeff, good for her. :wink:
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

I don't know about DEATH and Bounty, but I instantly recognized it as The Joker, and with a Jack Nichalson bent.

Definitely a nifty tattoo. Don't know if I'd want The Joker's head staring at me while spooning, though...
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Singular Quartet wrote:I don't know about DEATH and Bounty, but I instantly recognized it as The Joker, and with a Jack Nichalson bent.

Definitely a nifty tattoo. Don't know if I'd want The Joker's head staring at me while spooning, though...
I've been having conversations with him. Quite interesting actually. :wink:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

You should just one time, splooge all over the tat and smile, saying "Wait'll they get a load o' me!"

I knew it was the joker, and an right awesome interpretation of him to boot. Your GF=win, you lucky bastard, you!