Favourite Roleplay Character

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Favourite Roleplay Character

Post by Keevan_Colton »

I think a lot of folk here have played Roleplays so, I wondered, what is your favourite character you've played in each roleplay you've taken part in?

Here's mine....Keevan Colton, he was a character in the Star Wars Combine. He had a long and intresting career as an "independent trader" he started out flying a YT-1300 running cargo and stuff before falling in with Black Sun (which was led in the Combine by Princess Gabriella Storm). He became a member of the web of spies that kept BS ahead of everyone else in the galaxy in terms of knowledge. He swiftly rose in power within the Underempire and became the spymaster of the 'Sun. As time continued he became renowned as the most informed individual in the galaxy. He ran several businesses throughout the galaxy, all the while concealing his connection to the Underempire...even moving in the court of Emperor Piett...
One day tradgedy struck, Princess Storm died in a mysterious accident....Black Sun was left leaderless....one named Blood emmerged and siezed the title of Prince......Keevan became his right hand, before realising that Prince Blood would bring about the fall of the Underempire. Plotting with those he had trained in intelligence throughout the Sun he siezed power and deposed Blood, becoming the Shadow Prince....
For a long time he reigned and the Sun prospered under his leadership....subtely accquiring control over most of the commerce in the Galaxy and manipulating in subtle ways both the Alliance and the Empire....

Eventually Keevan retired from the roleplay when I no longer had the time to devote to it.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Sophia von Hapsburg, Duchess Valencia, Countess Hapsburg, Countess Szeged.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Azure Antares, the most ruthless Mecha pilot ever. However he did not score but one kill as a pilot. All of his enemies died by shotgun to the head. Some people neglect their character stats if they have big toys.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

This one.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Probably Ceriss Kanos, last of the Jedi Order. Basically, he's a Padawan which escaped the hunts for the Jedi and would later become a TIE Pilot to avoid the hunters(Best place to hide is in plain sight and all that). He's was a decently powerful Jedi, but his real power came from the fact he could literally vanish into the Force, away from both mortal and DarkSide eyes.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

SirNitram wrote:Probably Ceriss Kanos, last of the Jedi Order. Basically, he's a Padawan which escaped the hunts for the Jedi and would later become a TIE Pilot to avoid the hunters(Best place to hide is in plain sight and all that). He's was a decently powerful Jedi, but his real power came from the fact he could literally vanish into the Force, away from both mortal and DarkSide eyes.
Sorta like the White Current in the Black Fleet Crisis books?
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Alyrium Denryle, my namesake.

Elven wizard original I got him to level 20, through a series of dungeon crawls and wars. It has been a while since I last played him. But, I have epic-ified him and will be using him as an NPC in an epic level campaign that I am DMing, More details coming soon
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

I never got into RPing, so I don't have a character. The closest I've come was creating a Barbarian character named Brobor Mamuk, years ago, when I was still on AOL.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I had a half-ogre named "Thrash" couldn't read or write, worked as a bouncer in an Inn before becoming a great warrior/hero/adventurer (And still enjoys working as a bouncer), A simple character who loved everyone.

Ok, and he was strong enough to play "Catch" with Giants, break doors, and Turn undead with a massive "Maul" he carried arround.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Two characters:

Oswald from a 1.5ed ADnD game.

A loooooow stats thief who outlived every other character through multiple incarnations. Wasn't the brightest spark (Int of 10 and Wis of 5) and got himself into a lot of trouble. But he always managed to get himself and others out of any and all trouble that they found themselves in.

Turned out to be a better fighter than the barbarian, a damn good thief and well nigh-unkillable (despite having MINIMUM HP, damn crappy rolling).

Had a great collection of rings from an order of assassins and was responsible for the demise of several minor gods and demi-gods.

Also had a really cool talking sword and the ability to do natural 20 backstabs with alarming regularity. (Damage + Damage bonus) x 4 (level adjustment for backstab) x 2 (natural 20 double damage) = dead or near dead ANYTHING.

Louis, Son of Benedict. From an Amber Diceless game.

Louis was a leader of men, not a leader of armies. Raised by his father in the arts of war he was an exceptionally skilled swordsman and tactician who fought through time and space (gotta love shadow) with innumerable armies.

He was drawn into a rather dangerous war between what appeared to be the courts, but was later revealed to be devotees of Eric, determined to resurrect him and Amber, under the control of Random.

After far too much fun romping around shadow with companion Mikhel, another PC, son of Fiona (to get an idea of how these guys worked together watch the recent DreamWorks cartoon El Dorado), we took part in a coup and installed Bleys as the new King of Amber.

On returning to my private shadow I found that my luxury liner that I lived on had hit an Amberite (falling from where my state room should be into a debris field in the ocean kind of gave it away, and if that didn't, the survivors telling me that a hooded man had been looking for me did). Back to Amber and Mikhel decided to play a practical joke (damn bastard) on me, then it was off the Courts for an audience with Merlin to establish ties between the new throne in Amber... And then the GM had to move interstate. Damnit.
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Dalton wrote:
SirNitram wrote:Probably Ceriss Kanos, last of the Jedi Order. Basically, he's a Padawan which escaped the hunts for the Jedi and would later become a TIE Pilot to avoid the hunters(Best place to hide is in plain sight and all that). He's was a decently powerful Jedi, but his real power came from the fact he could literally vanish into the Force, away from both mortal and DarkSide eyes.
Sorta like the White Current in the Black Fleet Crisis books?
Never read them, so I couldn't say.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

My fav charcter was for AD&D-the nonD:20
Tinker Gnome Alchemist/Thef
:-)
LT.Hit-Man
Brotherhood of the Monkey: Rabid Sith Monkey from hell.
Mad scribbler of the Writer's Guild Headquarters
Grand Inquisitor of ASVS (ret) ASVS Vets Assc.

" poor bruised and mistreated? jesus Christ Iggy, you haven't been watching Voyager reruns again have you? " - Darth Fanboy
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

LT.Hit-Man wrote:My fav charcter was for AD&D-the nonD:20
LT.Hit-Man
The Hit-Man playing a Tinker Gnome. That's funny.

For me, Kelly Antilles, Star Wars d6. Alexia Shadowborne, Paladin of Lathander, 2nd Edition AD&D Ravenloft. Anna Bruck, 3rd Edition V:tM. Rena, Texas Ranger Hexslinger, Deadlands.
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

Kelly Antilles wrote:
LT.Hit-Man
It was me and the rest of the party got drop into a hardware stroe on modren day earth.
The moral of that adventuer is keep the tinker gnome away from all power tools and for the love of the gods don't let him get behind the wheel of a 16 wheeler
:roll:

For me, Kelly Antilles, Star Wars d6. Alexia Shadowborne, Paladin of Lathander, 2nd Edition AD&D Ravenloft. Anna Bruck, 3rd Edition V:tM. Rena, Texas Ranger Hexslinger, Deadlands.
Cool, Ravenloft kicked ass!

" poor bruised and mistreated? jesus Christ Iggy, you haven't been watching Voyager reruns again have you? " - Darth Fanboy
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

LT.Hit-Man wrote:
Kelly Antilles wrote:
LT.Hit-Man
It was me and the rest of the party got drop into a hardware stroe on modren day earth.
The moral of that adventuer is keep the tinker gnome away from all power tools and for the love of the gods don't let him get behind the wheel of a 16 wheeler
:roll:

Cool, Ravenloft kicked ass!
I especially love the Nightmare Lands.

Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

LT.Hit-Man wrote: Cool, Ravenloft kicked ass!
Yes, it does, as did that character. She was a walking beacon of good in a realm of evil. And yes, if you know about Ravenloft and the books, you'll know her last name, Shadowborne.
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

[quote="SirNitram
I especially love the Nightmare Lands.[/quote]

Did not get to play arond there, the rest of the party was trying to get out so I met up with them and after a brief stop over in modren day earth the DM dropped the party into
Die Vicna Die.
I knew I should have been a necromancer.

LT.Hit-Man

Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

My favourite AD&D style character was Caoimhin Fearghul....possibly the luckiest sod alive....well...after that thief someone mentioned above....
I recall on one occasion, back when he was at his weediest we were fighting a bunch of bandits who accidently awoke some sort of flaming undead monstrosity....we had split the party to help protect some travellers so the cleric wasnt with us....and we had only a single flask of holy water one of the two rangers that was with me had carried.....
So, the ranger took the flask, aimed carefully and threw it...fumling and smashing it all over the ground.....I decided we were fucked if we didnt get the thing soon and charged at it, longsword and dagger in hand.....
I then rolled 2 natural 20's and max damage on both dice and laid the thing out dead properly....just before it could get off another of the fireballs it had been throwing around......
Things got messy again after that when some drow got involved....but with more amazing luck I managed to cast sleep successfully on them....

Ravenloft was a lot of fun too....
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
The Yosemite Bear

My favorite Ravenloft Character was the rebellous daughter of Circe.

Because of the Trauma of the whole mom turning men into animals, thing she was a vegitarian who was turned on by shapeshifters.....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

It's a toss up at this point between two of my characters, one from AD&D, the other from Cyberpunk 2020.

Marcus Logan was a Neutral Evil Human Fighter (the only time I rolled a natural 18 for strength) who weilded a Bastard Sword. Basically, that defined the character, he was a bastard, and he was actually very smart, since most of the people in my group had this notion that fighters were, by default, idiots. Unfortunately, he didn't get all that much play.

Then there was Mikal Antoliovich, my Russian Covert-Ops Cyberpunk character. I probably had the most fun playing him, as I would do his accent whenever I would speak in character (it was a sham, he could speak fluent English, but if people associated the accent with him, it would be easier to set up a second identity when I needed to). Out of the entire group, he had the lowest stats and skill points (since he had to burn a bunch to speak English), but nevertheless he did more than his fair share of asskicking, planning, and scheming. He did whatever he needed to do for some hard Eurodollars, and he scared the hell out of the GM (carrying around a few kilos of C-6 and a half-dozen grenades on a standard run will do that). It was also with him that I developed "May Day Tactics", based on Minney May Hopkins from Gunsmith Cats. :twisted:

If I actually played Heavy Gear more, I'd certainly have a favorite character in that system, but I'm just the GM. ;)
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Edi
Dragonlord
Dragonlord

Post by Edi »

Definitely Dan Griffith, the character I rolled up for Star Frontiers. We had a campaign set in the Wing Commander universe, we started it around 1992, and it's still ongoing (we manage to play about 2-4 times a year these days), but we'll wrap it up next session. There's only so far that a campaign can go. The GM's face was a sight to see when I rolled the numbers... The SF system has four pairs of stats that can go up to 100, so we just rolled d100 to get them. Got 95 for the Strength/Stamina pair and moaned that damn, I'd have liked that in the Dexterity/Reaction Speed pair, then I roll that one next, the tens die ends up with a zero and I go "Oh, fuck!", then the ones die ends up with a zero as well and the GM's jaw hits the floor... Intuition/Logic pair went to 77 and Personaliy/Leadership to 89, that was one kick-ass character, and he ended up accomplishing a whole lot.

Incidentally, that campaign is what gave inspiration to my attempt to create a sci-fi universe of my own and write a book about it, the beginning of which can be found on the fanfic forum here, under the title Dragonslayer.

Another favorite character of mine is Shade, an assassin in an AD&D2nd E campaign set in Rel Mord in the Greyhawk universe, but with some bloody serious twists. I tell you people, Ravenloft (nor anything else for that matter) has absolutely nothing on that campaign horror-wise, but then again, the GM was rather excellent.

Edi
The Yosemite Bear

Mind you the most fun I have ever had in a roleplaying campaign was in a superhero/Teen-comedy RPG. Playing the son of some would be world conquering villian, who kept trying to be accepted by all of the other kids at the high school by using his ungodly amounts of money. Strange sub-plot #1 my car always got blown up. Sub Plot #2, I was responsible for the destruction of the High School on at least a dozen seperate occasions but, never intentionally. Subplot #3 My character would always create some ungodly gadget, that would never really work, the way I intended it too. (Hint, think taking all of the evil overlord flaws, and trying to do good)

Captain Kruger
Padawan Learner
Location: REALITY: Las Vegas FANTASY: riding the Beast, guarding the Bucket's ass

Post by Captain Kruger »

My namesake, Captain Jack Kruger, veteran of two separate campaigns I've played over the past 12 years.

The original incarnation was a loosely ST-based campaign where he was part of a group of renegade anti-Federation Humans running around with Klingon ships. Basically, these renegades' attitudes were like mixing Klingons with bikers and thrash-metalheads. A real fun bunch. :) It's probably obvious why they didn't like the conformist, soul-sucking Federation. Aside from the ideological differences, the UFP was also actively fucking with these renegade Humans for not bowing down to their lofty ideals of how Humanity should behave. :roll:

Kruger was trained in Aikido and Kenpo and was skilled with a broadsword. He didn't get along with his father, who was a die-hard Bill Gates type that didn't agree with his son's military lifestyle. He also was a "Kirk" when it came to women, including female members of his crew. (Which led to some awkward plot twists.) His primary duty was commanding a super souped-up Bird of Prey, but he also served groundpounder duty from time to time. (Preferred armaments: a 22nd-century caseless .357 Magnum and an Aliens-style pulse rifle. Fuck all that phaser/disruptor crap. Slugthrowers, baby!)

In a nutshell, this guy turned out to be a major thorn in the Federation's side. And damn proud of it. :)

I re-wrote him 6 years ago for a more traditional TNG-era campaign, where he was a Starfleet captain in charge of the Sovereign-class USS Excalibur. (This was before New Frontier was released…in this storyline, the Ambassador-class Excalibur had been whacked at the Borg Battle of Earth in FC.) Much of his background was the same, except that he was from Miami and had different reasons for hating his daddy.

Most recently, he's been one of a hawkish few advocating an invasion of the Gamma Quadrant to silence the Dominion threat once and for all.

Honorable mention goes to my favorite Cyberpunk 2013 character, Sidewinder. His father is the leader of the third most powerful Nomad group in the western US. He rarely sees his road family anymore as he's usually working with a group of Solos.
Take life by the balls!

The Universal Constants: death, taxes, and Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones sucking ass.

Pendragon
Padawan Learner

Post by Pendragon »

Ooh... Who to pick...

Ryon Ktaril: Dark Jedi trained by the Empire until the training facility was bombed. One of the few to survive, he now leads a ragtag group of fanatics dedicated to bring back the glory of Imperial rule. (EU campaign 10+ years after Endor).
He's a ruthless fanatic, dedicated completely to The Dark Side and to prepare the return of Emperor Palpatine.
"Perfect. It's everything a girl could hope for: Expensive, explosive and phallic."
- Critical Maas
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

Hmm...

Over the various rp's I've been involved in (Most of them piggybacking along with Keevan's adventures :D damn they were fun)

My favourite has to have been the AD&D competition I had found myself in back in the days when I was still at school, she was a female druid called Anandi (not the best name I admit but I didn't get to choose) The party had set out and encountered a few bandits on the way and then they pitched camp for the night, Anandi being a treehugging druid wandered off to well....hug some trees..and then bandits attacked, most of them attacked our main party around the encampment but a few had sidetracked and began attacking Anandi...they missed and hit the tree...the Druid went nuts.. :twisted:

With but two twists of a morning star ring and seven lightning bolts later....the bandits who had harmed the tree were alas so charred that dental records could not have identified them...

The rest of the time in practise leading up to the competition....she just fried the party(By accident I tell you!) and only she lived to tell the tale each time....

The days of Second edition AD&D....Alas the good days have flown past us all.
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994