Babylon5/BSG 2003 Crossover

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

starfury
Jedi Master

Babylon5/BSG 2003 Crossover

Post by starfury »

A rather long Bab5/Neo-BSG Crossover.

A rather Long and Detailed Bab5/Neo-BSG Crossover. I leave you to Judge whether it is good or not.
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
Sean Mulligan
Padawan Learner

Post by Sean Mulligan »

That fic was pretty good.
General Trelane (Retired)
Jedi Knight

Post by General Trelane (Retired) »

Not!
Time makes more converts than reason. -- Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776
HSRTG
Jedi Knight

Post by HSRTG »

General Trelane (Retired) wrote:Not!
In addition to being horrible, the retard can't even spell "prophecy" correctly. Well, to be fair, this makes him no better than 99% of FFN, but it still pisses me off.
Kill one man, you're a murderer. Kill a million, a king. Kill them all, a god. - Anonymous
General Trelane (Retired)
Jedi Knight

Post by General Trelane (Retired) »

HSRTG wrote:
General Trelane (Retired) wrote:Not!
In addition to being horrible, the retard can't even spell "prophecy" correctly. Well, to be fair, this makes him no better than 99% of FFN, but it still pisses me off.
If the story was even half good, I can overlook nuisances such as spelling errors. But it wasn't, so I won't.

And finding 12 more surviving battlestars?? :roll:
Time makes more converts than reason. -- Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776
Wanderer
Jedi Master

Post by Wanderer »

General Trelane (Retired) wrote:
If the story was even half good, I can overlook nuisances such as spelling errors. But it wasn't, so I won't.

And finding 12 more surviving battlestars?? :roll:
It got even worse :shock:

I stopped at chapter five or so.
Amateurs study Logistics, Professionals study Economics.
Dale Cozort (slightly out of context quote)
HSRTG
Jedi Knight

Post by HSRTG »

I am allergic to FF but request a brief synopsis.
Chapter One: A "President Hollifield" has a has a prophetic dream about the "Tomb of Athena" sequence, narrated by Lyta Alexander. This takes up most of the first chapter. Expository dialogue after said dream says "The Vorlons done it". After that, Hollifield goes to Lady Morella for a seance about the dream. The author doesn't say anything other than "they did the reading". After which Morella dies, after having done nothing.

Chapter two: Through an Act of Plot (TM), Starbuck, right before jumping back from scouting out the Cylon Fleet (presumably from Resurrection pt. 1), literally collides with a Whitestar after it jumps out of hyperspace right in front of her. The Minbari Ranger on board saves her, because Minbari are that damn cool, and after some transparent exposition, the Minbari finds out Starbuck's not from the EA. Then Starbuck faints. No, seriously. After which, the Minbari takes her to B5, where she wakes up, and after an idiotic conversation, meets and explains the Colonial's problem with the EA president. Starbuck then meets John "Uber" Sheriden, and nothing really happens. "The next day", the Cylon fleet disappears to attack the Colonial one. Or so Starbuck says.

Chapter Three: Do you want me to go on? This is written really badly. Suffice it to say, just before the Vipers of Pegasus and Galactica went at it, an EA ship jump in and things happened. I kind of skipped this part, it was cringe-worthy. Anyway, the IA and President Hollifield hyper in (somehow), and Caine goes fucking ballistic. Just before her Mk. VIIs attack, her first officer calms her down, but even so a Thunderbolt is damaged. Somehow. I don't know how, mind you. Annnyway, this offers the chance for "I am a Hard Ass" Ivanova to demonstrate she Is A Hard Ass...

I can't read it any more of this dreck. You know what? Get someone else to synopsize it.

In any case, Chapter 100 is the epilogue (no seriously, it has 100 chapters, and 200k words), and as near as I can tell, the Technomages are up to something, the Cylons and Colonials are getting along (very well), and things are all dandy on Caprica and the other (very urban) Twelve Colonies. Never mind the radiation from a massive carpet-nuking. That went away somewhere.
Kill one man, you're a murderer. Kill a million, a king. Kill them all, a god. - Anonymous
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

I stopped after Cain's breakdown.

fuck. Bad FF is bad enough, Bad FF with pretensions to good FF....

Damn. No barfing emoticon
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link