Alkali metals and water

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Spin Echo
Jedi Master

Alkali metals and water

Post by Spin Echo »

This video came up in group meeting because my lab has just purchased about 5 times the amount of rubidium as they use in the video.

Of course, hopefully we'll keep ours from getting wet.
Doom dOom doOM DOom doomity DooM doom Dooooom Doom DOOM!
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Excellent, I love the Hamster. :D

In tenth grade IB chemistry, my teacher showed us this with potassium, the rationale being that we had never seen such a powerful one before. A tiny pellet went into a large amount of water, and basically exploded. :D

EDIT: And Hammond forgot to mention that francium is illegal because it's kind of radioactive. :lol:
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

We should make Ce-tipped torpedos. Just blow open it's container upon reaching the target with a small amount of HE, let the Ce contact the water and Ka-blammo, and doooon't give me any guff about it being unstable and blah blah blah. I want explosions, I don't care WHERE it happens, necessarily.
Johonebesus
Jedi Master

Post by Johonebesus »

Isn't that the show that got them in trouble because it was faked? The metals didn't blow up the tub, so they used explosives to get a nice shot.
"Can you eat quarks? Can you spread them on your bed when the cold weather comes?" -Bernard Levin

"Sir: Mr. Bernard Levin asks 'Can you eat quarks?' I estimate that he eats 500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 quarks a day...Yours faithfully..." -Sir Alan Cottrell

Elohim's loving mercy: "Hey, you, don't turn around. WTF! I said DON'T tur- you know what, you're a pillar of salt now. Bitch." - an anonymous commenter