Possible Galactica/SW X-Wing Crossover?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

DrMckay
Jedi Master

Possible Galactica/SW X-Wing Crossover?

Post by DrMckay »

Rogues Gallery: a Battlestar Galactica/SW X-Wing Crossover.

The Idea has been bouncing around in my head for a while.

If I write it, would anyone be interested in reading it?

Your thoughts please.

Plot Ideas welcome.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Original series or nBSG? If it is nBSG, its a one sided slaughter-a-thon of toasters.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Considering oBSG was stealnig from the popularity of SW, it'd be the better bet. Also, oBSG had lasers.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

nBsg. Don't worry. I have an idea on how to stop it from becoming too one-sided...
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
AO3 Link | FFN Link
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Bahh...

I'm just hoping that a certain someone finishes the SG1/nBSG crossover he started. I don't know if I'd read a SW/nBSG crossover.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

LadyTevar wrote:Bahh...

I'm just hoping that a certain someone finishes the SG1/nBSG crossover he started. I don't know if I'd read a SW/nBSG crossover.
*mutters under breath*

And I'd really be interested in seeing an X-Wing crossover. The fact is that they are NOT going to be invulnerable fighters. They can put out ungodly firepower sure, but they'll eventually run out of torpedoes/missiles. And while their shields and lasers will mean they can easily chew through Cylon raiders, it doesn't stop the Cylons from just loading up some raiders with high yield nukes and crashing them into the X-Wings or something, Starfighters don't handle collisions very well. And the Cylons have raiders to burn.

But IMO a nBSG/SW crossover would really only work with a small number of units from SW crossing over, fighters are fine, cut off from the rest of their Galaxy.

I'd be quite interested to see it, if its done well.
pieman3141
Youngling

Post by pieman3141 »

I agree. Such a crossover would work with a small number of X-Wings - 1 squadron maximum (assuming 1 squadron = 8-10 fighters, I'd prefer 2-3 wings, or 4-6 fighters as the best number) - and possibly one support ship (nothing bigger than a frigate, optimally a gunboat or less).
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

There is a decent one on a oBSG and Star wars on fanfiction.net last time...to bad it got deleted...

Basically, it's about the colonials actually lives in the unknown regions...and while on the run from the cylons...they meet up with the rebels, giving the rebels 200 more ships to convert into warships...
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Very skeptical, probably will give it a look as long as it isn't Rogue Squadron.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

There will be no Corran Horn.

I Pwomise.
AO3 Link | FFN Link
General Soontir Fel
Padawan Learner

Post by General Soontir Fel »

Chris OFarrell wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:But IMO a nBSG/SW crossover would really only work with a small number of units from SW crossing over, fighters are fine, cut off from the rest of their Galaxy.

I'd be quite interested to see it, if its done well.
I'm interested too. However, since I'm writing my own fanfic of this sort (where the Millenium Falcon with Han, Leia, and Threepio aboard is transported into the nBSG galaxy), I advise you to think how you'll deal with the following before you start writing:

1. The language difference.
2. The fuel situation (can X-wings use tyllium?).
3. Spare parts and missiles issue.
4. Navigation in an uncharted region.
5. The colonials' reaction to astromechs and droids in general.
6. How likely are the colonials to assume that the X-wing pilots are Cylons.
Jesse Helms died on the 4th of July and the nation celebrated with fireworks, BBQs and a day off for everyone. -- Ed Brayton, Dispatches from the Culture Wars

"And a force-sensitive mandalorian female Bountyhunter, who is also the granddaughter of Darth Vader is as cool as it can get. Almost absolute zero." -- FTeik
Lex
Rabid Monkey

Post by Lex »

sounds cool, maybe some know characters from wraith squadron? with a squad of X - Wings and a ship like the Night Caller from X - Wing: Wraith Squadron?

oh and by the way I second that notion by Lady Tevar about the Sg1/nBSG crossover^^
As long there is gravity, ride on...