Your favorite Sci-fi WMD?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Warsie
BANNED

Your favorite Sci-fi WMD?

Post by Warsie »

Whether it's the Death Star from Star Wars or ogame, the GENESIS Gamma and X-Ray Gun from Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny, the Requiem Particle Cannon and colony pieces (the guiding parts) from Gundam Seed Destiny, a RKV from various other sci-fi, etc.

Which is your favorite (And why, if possible?)
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Some Random Asteroid(TM). All of the damage, none of the cost!
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Egh, if you're going to cite examples from Gundam, at least have the decency to mention ones like colony drops, the Solar Ray Cannon, and the Solar System from MSG... :P

Mine would have to be a tie between colony drops from MSG and Exterminatus from Warhammer 40K.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Peptuck
Is Not A Moderator

Post by Peptuck »

But which brand of Exterminatus? There's a huge variety, enough for the whole family! (of star systems)
X-COM: Defending Earth by blasting the shit out of it.

Writers are people, and people are stupid. So, a large chunk of them have the IQ of beach pebbles. ~fgalkin

You're complaining that the story isn't the kind you like. That's like me bitching about the lack of ninjas in Robin Hood. ~CaptainChewbacca
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

"Rotating" a planet out of the universe, it appeared in some Heinlein books, I believe.

The Dr. Device from 'Ender's Game'
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Virus bombs. 8)

I like the overall idea and effort behind Exterminatus, but those are probably up there on top.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

montypython
Jedi Master

Post by montypython »

Strangelets, these kill just about anything and everything. :D
CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Post by CaptHawkeye »

The good ol fashioned...

Nothing quite says "you ma bitch" like a planet sized sphere of doom with enough firepower to obliterate planetary masses. Later models could even snipe enemy starships out of the sky! Asteroids can't do that, Baerne. Sorry. :)
Best care anywhere.
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

I also prefer the Death Star. It's got old school cred. Don't like a planet? Shoot it with a big fucking gun.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Since when is the Death Star the size of a planet? Pluto is 2.5 times the diameter of the DS II and it got disqualified from proper planetdom for being too tiny :P

And Nova bombs just for variety. Sure, the DS can destroy planets. With Nova bombs, a one-man fighter can destroy an entire star system.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
fusion
Jedi Knight

Post by fusion »

The best way, Two-stage Torpedoes exterminatus, oh yeah!!! Enough firepower to vaporize a planet. 8)

Next the not too wank center point station

After that, Ultimate Wank: Sun Crusher.

And of course the DS 1 and 2.
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

I am the Lexx, I am the most powerful testicles in the two universes.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Warsie
BANNED

Post by Warsie »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Egh, if you're going to cite examples from Gundam, at least have the decency to mention ones like colony drops, the Solar Ray Cannon, and the Solar System from MSG... :P
Well I haven't seen Gundam Wing in something like 7-8 years; and dude I need to get a good watch of the old Mobile Suit Gundam.

But I remember the Federation Solar System too LOL; I remember some series dealing with a Zeon insurgency and the Zeon forces take down a Solar System by taking out the bridge/control roon..

Oh yeah;

EDIT: damnit I forgot what I said

EDIT 2: Maybe this is it. 11 replies so quick. Such a nice thread I made :wink: :mrgreen: :twisted: 8) :P

EDIT 3: Also; I forgot. Why don't you make up your sci-fi WMDs too?
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Man, what's up with making edits before you post? :?
Warsie wrote:But I remember the Federation Solar System too LOL; I remember some series dealing with a Zeon insurgency and the Zeon forces take down a Solar System by taking out the bridge/control roon..
That would be the OVA Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, specifically using the Solar System II.

Warsie
BANNED

Post by Warsie »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Man, what's up with making edits before you post? :?
I'm t3h 1337 haxx0r.

Well actually I typed the edits in before posting because I'm too lazy to retype the existing paragraph
That would be the OVA Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, specifically using the Solar System II.
thank you :)
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Egh, if you're going to cite examples from Gundam, at least have the decency to mention ones like colony drops, the Solar Ray Cannon, and the Solar System from MSG... :P
Don't forget the DANGARous G3 gas. Turning a colony into a grave of mummies is effective and a great deterrent for all those damn Zeon sympathizers.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I considered mentioning colony gassings, but that didn't seem to have as much punch as lobbing whole space colonies at Earth or fleet-vapourising laser systems. :P

Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

RKVs, particularly the one from "The Killing Star."
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

The Sun Crusher FTW. Oh, I guess that should be FTSS :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Zinder Nullifiers. It's like a superweapon scale version of the Time Lord D-Mat gun. Fleets, planets, mugs of coffee, the entire universe - just be sure to set the intensity dial right. :)
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Starglider wrote:Zinder Nullifiers. It's like a superweapon scale version of the Time Lord D-Mat gun. Fleets, planets, mugs of coffee, the entire universe - just be sure to set the intensity dial right. :)
Pretty sure the concept behind the D-Mat gun is that it can be used on any target you fancy once it's linked to the Matrix for targetting. Which makes sense - it's a shiny rifle, but I'd be stunned if Rassilon went to so much trouble to keep future presidents from having sole access to merely a shiny rifle.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Inertial Devices and Stellar Converters from Lensman.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

Think I'm tied between the final Skylark ship (let's blow the planet up... by teleporting a single matter-to-energy bomb on it from Galaxy Gun or longer ranges) and the nth space planet from the Lensman series (if this goes wrong it could collapse the universe) :P .
The Yosemite Bear wrote:Inertial Devices and Stellar Converters from Lensman.
The "Stellar Converter" was the ship-mounted mini death star plasma beam in Master of Orion 2 ;) . You're thinking of the Sun Beam, which we only saw roasting planets in Lensman.
Gustav32Vasa
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by Gustav32Vasa »

Genesis.

We destroy your civilasation and move in after.
"Ha ha! Yes, Mark Evans is back, suckers, and he's the key to everything! He's the Half Blood Prince, he's Harry's Great-Aunt, he's the Heir of Gryffindor, he lives up the Pillar of Storgé and he owns the Mystic Kettle of Nackledirk!" - J.K. Rowling
"Senator, when you took your oath of office, you placed your hand on
the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution. You did not place your
hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible."
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Has to be the Death Star. Sure there's things with more bang out there nowadays, but there's something to that big sphere of doom that makes it the absolute # 1 for me.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes