Nose bleeds.

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Nose bleeds.

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Recently I've had a lot of nose bleeds, about one every four days. I've also had a pretty constant alergy/cold sneesing problem. So I have two questions.

1) Do you think it's serious?

2) Can I do anything fun with the blood?
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

A) No more than I am

B) Freak your mom and friends out.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

I used to get nose bleeds when I got really bad sneezes or when I blew my nose hard for a while after I banged up my nose hard against a metal rail as a youngling. Sometimes start bleeding from the slightest hit. It has since stopped, I think. I'm pretty sure. Yeah.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

I don't know about you, but my nasal passages totally dry out in the winter (heat on in house, almost no humidity outside) and sometimes my nose just bleeds spontaneously. Considering you've been sneezing and probably blowing and rubbing your nose, you may have just cracked open a small blood vessel near the surface in there. I found too that once I had a nosebleed, I'd be likely to have two or three on the same side that day as I kept reopening the wound by accident.

As for the second question, I'll refer you to some of our more...ethically liberal membership. I'm sure they have better ideas than I do.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I don't get nosebleeds often, but I usually put a napkin to my nostril, and apply pressure. With the blood, you can freak people out by putting it on you, or other things.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
jaeger115
Rabid Monkey

Post by jaeger115 »

Never got nosebleeds spontaeously, not even when I went mountain-climbing.
Concession accepted - COMMENCE PRIMARY IGNITION
Elite Warrior Monk of SD.net
BotM. Demolition Monkey
"I don't believe in God, any more than I believe in Mother Goose." - Clarence Darrow
HAB Special-Ops and Counter-Intelligence Agent
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Try pinching the bridge of your nose while holding your head back for a while.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Re: Nose bleeds.

Post by Master of Ossus »

anarchistbunny wrote:Recently I've had a lot of nose bleeds, about one every four days. I've also had a pretty constant alergy/cold sneesing problem. So I have two questions.

I have had frequent nosebleeds since I was a child. Mine get particularly bad when I go on vacation to the mountains, where the air is generally very dry. They aren't really anything serious (for me they don't even hurt per se), and I'm sure that a clever mind like you can think of lots of good things to do with the blood. If you find yourself particularly annoyed by them, I understand that a doctor can treat the condition for you, though I have never opted to seek treatment for it.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

anarchistbunny wrote:Recently I've had a lot of nose bleeds, about one every four days. I've also had a pretty constant alergy/cold sneesing problem. So I have two questions.

1) Dunno, check with your doc.

2) Many things. :twisted:

A. snort and spray it everywhere
B. cup your hand and press it to your eye. Scream.
C. call the hospital, tell them you're bleeding from the nose (OK, so that doesn't really count)
D. Save it in a bottle or something and pour it out either on your arm or on the floor. Scream.

:twisted:
JADAFETWA
One True Spoon
Youngling

Post by One True Spoon »

Atilla the Hun died of a nose bleed.

Once a had, like, five or six nose bleeds in a row over a three day period. Then it stopped.

What you do is you put on finger over one nostral and blow out really quickly while aiming at someone.
"There is only one [True Spoon], only one who can wield it. And he does not share [Spoons]."
-Gandalf
Anarchist Bunny

Dalton wrote:Try pinching the bridge of your nose while holding your head back for a while.
I've read thats accually bad to do, something with the blood pooling back there.
Wiilite
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

When I was ~12, I got a nosebleed when I was in the shower. I couldn't feel the blood coming out because the area was already wet, and didn't notice till I was done and starting to dry off. It was all over my upper lip and teeth, so I left it alone and showed my mom.

:D
「かかっ―」
Anarchist Bunny

IG-88E wrote: 2) Many things. :twisted:

A. snort and spray it everywhere
B. cup your hand and press it to your eye. Scream.
C. call the hospital, tell them you're bleeding from the nose (OK, so that doesn't really count)
D. Save it in a bottle or something and pour it out either on your arm or on the floor. Scream.

:twisted:
Ehh, those are all pretty basic. Hmmmmm, must ponder.
Wiilite
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

anarchistbunny wrote:I've read thats accually bad to do, something with the blood pooling back there.
Oh? Well, tissues I guess. Press them against your nose then tell people you got your period.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Anarchist Bunny

Dalton wrote:
anarchistbunny wrote:I've read thats accually bad to do, something with the blood pooling back there.
Oh? Well, tissues I guess. Press them against your nose then tell people you got your period.
Lately I've just been standing over a toliet and letting bleed out, then I took a little cap and got about a teaspoon's worth, and I've been thinking about what to do with it. Maybe I could pour in in my ear and let it leak out and then turn my music up so loud my mom comes in to complain.
Wiilite
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Nose bleeds can be dangerous sometimes. My mom got one up in her septum once, and couldn't stop it. Holding her nostrils closed just made the blood come out into her throat and eventually eyes.
「かかっ―」
jaeger115
Rabid Monkey

Post by jaeger115 »

Nose bleeds can be dangerous sometimes. My mom got one up in her septum once, and couldn't stop it. Holding her nostrils closed just made the blood come out into her throat and eventually eyes.
What, did she have tears of blood? :D
BotM. Demolition Monkey
"I don't believe in God, any more than I believe in Mother Goose." - Clarence Darrow
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

XaLEv wrote:Nose bleeds can be dangerous sometimes. My mom got one up in her septum once, and couldn't stop it. Holding her nostrils closed just made the blood come out into her throat and eventually eyes.
WHOA. :shock:
JADAFETWA
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Yeah. She had to go to the hospital and have it cauterized.
「かかっ―」
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Nothing serious, the same thing happens to me too. All of a sudden I'll get a bunch of nosebleeds for no reason at all, sometimes even several in a single day. Then it just stops and I don't get any for a few months to a year before the bleeds start again. I think it's related to my allergies since the bleeding is always accompanied by some mad itching in my nose.

As for fun stuff to do, bleed into a wet facecloth and show it to people to freak them out. The wet cloth makes it look like there's a lot more blood than there actually is. Collect the blood in a small clear bottle and drink it in front of some girls, that's good for some screams and should freak them out good. Throw blood covered tissues at people.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

XaLEv wrote:Nose bleeds can be dangerous sometimes. My mom got one up in her septum once, and couldn't stop it. Holding her nostrils closed just made the blood come out into her throat and eventually eyes.
One of the reasons why they changed it from leaning your head back to letting it run.
Last edited by ArmorPierce on 2003-01-13 10:21pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
jaeger115
Rabid Monkey

Post by jaeger115 »

Collect the blood in a small clear bottle and drink it in front of some girls, that's good for some screams and should freak them out good.
I should try that somebody, but I never get nosebleeds spontaeously. :?
BotM. Demolition Monkey
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

I get a bunch of nosebleeds when my allergies start in the summer. I get a runny nose and lots of nose itches with my allergies, so the bleeding is likely from all the nose blowing and rubbing that I do. It sounds like you have the same problem I do with the allergies and all, and I doubt it's serious unless you're losing gallons of blood every time.

I can't suggest any fun stuff to do (draw pictures on the walls? I dunno...) but I'm sure the other guys can help you out on that. :roll:
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

anarchistbunny wrote:
Dalton wrote:Try pinching the bridge of your nose while holding your head back for a while.
I've read thats accually bad to do, something with the blood pooling back there.
I can run back down your sinuses if you tilt your head back too far.
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

When I was in St Johns - this was a while ago - the worst thing you could possibly to was tilt it back or try and hold it in. pinch the bridge of the nose and tilt forward, letting it flow.

Do you have a little (prepubescent) sister? cause you could stain her undies and levae them around to freak out your mum...
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling