Mystery illness strikes after meteorite

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

No. No it isn't.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:No. No it isn't.
No, really, you're fucking with me. Please tell me that you're just fucking with me, because that seems....I mean the article borders on ridiculous...Of course, I thought the same thing about Abu-Ghraib.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

You've never read a Pravda article I see. I suggest browsing past stories, they're quite informative.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

The coolest Pravda article I read was the one that claimed Antarctica had a time rip above it that could send you into the past. That would've been so awesome.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Drewcifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Drewcifer »

With the Weekly World News gone, all we have is Pravda now :cry:
Image Original Warsie ++ Smartass! ~ Picker ~ Grinner ~ Lover ~ Sinner ++ "There's no time for later now"
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Given that I've never read Pravda...
Is the article worth reading at all in hopes of any accurate information, or no?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

No. No it's not.

Quite fun to read sometimes, though. I think that a good number of conspiracy theorists know they're full of shit and just do it to amuse themselves as to what they can come up with - they just don't publish it as fiction.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
Steel
Jedi Master

Post by Steel »

This seems to sum it up

But on a more serious note, could this actually be radioactive? Wouldnt that be the easiest thing to detect, as to have affected villages so far away from the crash site ground zero would have to be massively radioactive at least, and there should still be traces in the surrounding area.

If it isnt that, what are the chances of sufficiently advanced organic compounds forming that they could poison people?
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

Where would the radioactive material come from? Highly radioactive material isn't exactly common on the surface of the Earth, or in meteors. Also, simple organic (or not) compounds, or even elements are quite capable of poisoning people. The meteor could contain hydrogen cyanide, or maybe the ground was rich in sulphur or something.
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu