Starship Model - No 56k

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

A-Wing_Slash
Padawan Learner

Starship Model - No 56k

Post by A-Wing_Slash »

I just recently downlloaded Google Sketchup. I've never done any 3-d stuff before, but I really got a kick out of making this. It is suppsed to be a battleship for my STGOD nation, but even more than that its a test of my modeling abilities. It has a lot of different features that had been bouncing around in my head, and so it is somewhat of a mishmash, although I do like it. Didn't get around to putting on obvious weaponry though, so I guess its just assumed to be there now.

And then for another view:

Boyish-Tigerlilly
Sith Devotee

Post by Boyish-Tigerlilly »

It is aesthetically pleasing. I like it. Its not too think, not too round.
Covenant
Sith Marauder

Post by Covenant »

Since our STGODs game is more ST-Era, I think that the extra doobobies on the side are fine, and it looks relatively reasonable for the 'High Fantasy' types of ships being used. My vessels included Tyrannosaur-flown F-14's, so I'd say it's not only pleasent looking but thematically fine.

Since you're just starting out, I'd consider that good. The only thing you -really- need to do to make a ship amazing is keep kitbashing crud onto the thing until it has a moronically highly detailed hull, like an ISD, which just makes anything look wicked cool.
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

Covenant wrote:My vessels included Tyrannosaur-flown F-14's, so I'd say it's not only pleasent looking but thematically fine.
I love Calvin and Hobbes! :P
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.