Nose bleeds.

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

irishmick79
Rabid Monkey

Post by irishmick79 »

Get yourself a good nose spray like Afrin. Use it two or three times a week over the winter, and you won't have problems with nosebleeds anytime soon.
"A country without a Czar is like a village without an idiot."
- Old Russian Saying
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Re: Nose bleeds.

Post by Peregrin Toker »

anarchistbunny wrote:Recently I've had a lot of nose bleeds, about one every four days. I've also had a pretty constant alergy/cold sneesing problem. So I have two questions.

1) Do you think it's serious?

2) Can I do anything fun with the blood?
Unexplained nosebleeds?? Blame it on extra-terrestrials. It might not make sense, but it's a good way to explain stuff.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Well, as I got one at school today, after school was out(Acedemic Decathlon) I decided what to do with the blood if I get one at school.

1) Let it splash on my hands, then leave a bloody handprint of the mirror.

2) Or, write "I'm Back" in blood on the mirrors/walls.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Edi
Dragonlord
Dragonlord

Post by Edi »

Nosebleeds and a clogged up nose are big pains in the arse if they're constant. There's something you can do about them, however:

Clogged nose:

Sometimes when there's all that snot filling almost all of the nasal passages, the only way to get it out is to just take a deep breath and blow it violently out through the nose without pinching either nostril shut. Be sure to be standing over a sink or someplace else where the snot can go, the results are often pretty disgusting, but it can really clear the nose. Helps if you've just had a shower so your nose isn't all dry.

One trick that can help prevent the nose clogging up and consequently lessen the need for blowing your nose and increasing the risk of nosebleeds is flushing salt water through it. Basically you need a plastic horn designed to hold water and open at both ends, mix a teaspoonful of salt into warm (not hot) water and then hold the thin end to your nose and tip the horn until water starts flowing into your nostril. You need to keep your head down and tilted slightly to one side when you do this to prevent the water from flowing to your throat. It'll flow through the nasal passage and then out the other nostril and it'll loosen all the gunk in there and clear your nose really well for hours, perhaps even for the whole day.

This may sound ridiculous, but it works, I know because I've done it, I've had a problem with clogged nose and nosebleeds for years. One of those plastic horns shouldn't be too hard to come by, any well equipped drug store should stock them. It's also a good way to help ease allergy symptoms, I'm told. Hope this is some help for you anyway.

Edi
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Edi wrote:Nosebleeds and a clogged up nose are big pains in the arse if they're constant. There's something you can do about them, however:

Clogged nose:

Sometimes when there's all that snot filling almost all of the nasal passages, the only way to get it out is to just take a deep breath and blow it violently out through the nose without pinching either nostril shut. Be sure to be standing over a sink or someplace else where the snot can go, the results are often pretty disgusting, but it can really clear the nose. Helps if you've just had a shower so your nose isn't all dry.

One trick that can help prevent the nose clogging up and consequently lessen the need for blowing your nose and increasing the risk of nosebleeds is flushing salt water through it. Basically you need a plastic horn designed to hold water and open at both ends, mix a teaspoonful of salt into warm (not hot) water and then hold the thin end to your nose and tip the horn until water starts flowing into your nostril. You need to keep your head down and tilted slightly to one side when you do this to prevent the water from flowing to your throat. It'll flow through the nasal passage and then out the other nostril and it'll loosen all the gunk in there and clear your nose really well for hours, perhaps even for the whole day.

This may sound ridiculous, but it works, I know because I've done it, I've had a problem with clogged nose and nosebleeds for years. One of those plastic horns shouldn't be too hard to come by, any well equipped drug store should stock them. It's also a good way to help ease allergy symptoms, I'm told. Hope this is some help for you anyway.

Edi
That's a kickass cure.

My grandmom (dead now) taught me that. Works like a charm every time the nose gets messed up with alergies and stuff.

Btw she was also a finn from Tornio, wonder if that is som sort of ancient finnish cure :D
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Edi
Dragonlord
Dragonlord

Post by Edi »

:D

Ancient Indian is more like it, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't independently figured out here as well. I don't actually know much more about it than that it works, and that's good enough for me!

Edi
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I used to suffer from nose bleeds pretty badly. Funily enough they stopped the 1st time I broke my nose.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten