My ship in progress. (no 56k)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

This is what the ship would look like with the forward mounted heavy weapon cannons. I have yet install those cannons underneath the ship. In the middle, I am thinking of a diamond shaped special weapon.

ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Covenant
Sith Marauder

Post by Covenant »

Wasn't that supposed to be the length of an ISD or so? Those barrels... are going to weigh a fucking massive amount. Those turrets are going to have to be ridiculously strong, and I can't imagine a barrel about half a mile long as really enjoying a big traversal. You'd probably be better off making them fixed mounts. Swinging a turret of that mass is just as likely to make your ship push itself down, as turrets work funky in space without an anchoring.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Covenant wrote:Wasn't that supposed to be the length of an ISD or so? Those barrels... are going to weigh a fucking massive amount. Those turrets are going to have to be ridiculously strong, and I can't imagine a barrel about half a mile long as really enjoying a big traversal. You'd probably be better off making them fixed mounts. Swinging a turret of that mass is just as likely to make your ship push itself down, as turrets work funky in space without an anchoring.

They are not going to move much in any direction, maybe somewhere between 5 to 10 degrees. Perhaps less. I've been thinking of adding of adding some type of support for the barrels but at the same time would not hinder the barrels function. Something like a zero friction magnetic support? When not in use the barrels are magnetically attached to the supports ad when the barrels are needed then the magnetic "clamps" would release the barrels and every time they are fired the barrels slide along the support without any friction?

The barrels are not half a mile long. The shorter cannons are 362 meters long and the larger cannons are roughly 582 meters each.

Talking about those heavy weapons reminds me of my ASVS STGOD nation that had special ships that utilised massive forward mounted cannons which were dubbed "RAM" cannons. Every time they were fired, the kickback pushes the ship the other way. Using the engines to counter the kickback would result in something like crushing a tin can. :) Basically a ship that was a huge plasma shotgun. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

The triangualar wings and the megacanons would make more sense if the canos were in between the wings. Then you could argue that the wings are there as suporting elements for the canons.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Bah! Now I've been pondering about eliminating the need for the special weapon and fill the gap and rearraging the heavy cannons and place them more at the center and bit more forward than they currently are placed. Screw special weapons! :) A couple more heavy cannons on top and below should do it and it'll give an illusion of the battleship grinning. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

An update. I haven't touched my ship for a while but now here is a slightly upgraded look. I've added something that Phantasee wanted. Windows!!! :)

ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!