Car Pictures Thread

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Car Pictures Thread

Post by J »

My fiancé and I used our earnings from the sale of ExxonMobil and Halliburton stocks to buy ourselves a new car. We got ourselves a Porsche so we could continue to contribute to the financial well-being of the oil industry.

Our wonderful new Carrera S

Ok ok, so I lied and we didn't actually buy a Porsche.

In reality, we got ourselves a Ferrari.

Our shiny 550 Maranello, driven by me, photographed by my fiancé

What? You guys still don't believe me?

Ok, fine, we didn't buy ourselves an exotic supercar, we got something a little more affordable.

Our shiny new Pontiac Solstice
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Any reason for getting the Solstice over the Saturn Sky? Wish they would come out with a hardtop, hard to justify getting a soft manual top in Toronto area weather for me.
"Somehow I feel, that in the long run, Thanos of Titan came out ahead in this particular deal."
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

'Cause she thinks it is just "The cutest little thing!" :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

People buy convertables in Canada? :?
:D

Anyway it's a nice looking car. 8)
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

I hear the Solstice sucks because it got owned by Megatron. Can you comment on this?
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:I hear the Solstice sucks because it got owned by Megatron. Can you comment on this?
How would I know? For one thing this Solstice doesn't transform into a robot, but more importantly, it's not ours. This is just a thread for posting pretty car pictures.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Porsches are so fucking common that they´re boring. So good on you for the Pontiac.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

J wrote: How would I know? For one thing this Solstice doesn't transform into a robot, but more importantly, it's not ours. This is just a thread for posting pretty car pictures.
Lying is a felony, ma'am. I shall have to report you to the authorities, I read that somewhere.

Salm has a point. Porsches are all too common today and, for my money, you want the classic 911 anyway, not the same-damn-design-as-everything-else cars they build today.

There were no Porsches but classics in the village I grew up in. The guy on the end of our street had a couple of nice Maseratis and Astons though.
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

I'd post a picture of my car but it'd probably crack your monitor. 93 Grand Prix four door is not a pretty car.

I did get it washed and waxed today though...

I should just find a picture of either my work truck (bright red Dodge Ram 1500) or my cousin's new Maserati.
XXXI
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:Salm has a point. Porsches are all too common today and, for my money, you want the classic 911 anyway, not the same-damn-design-as-everything-else cars they build today.
No kidding, it's not a proper 911 unless it has an air cooled engine and a whale tail spoiler.
Phantasee wrote:I'd post a picture of my car but it'd probably crack your monitor. 93 Grand Prix four door is not a pretty car.
It's all about getting the lighting right. Even my dad's '97 Buick LeSabre can look decent if I photograph it right. I didn't quite get what I wanted here though, the angle's wrong and there's too much crap in the background.

aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I need a scanner, I honestly do.

Because if I had a scanner, I could show you the pictures I took of my Neon back when she was brand new.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Here's a few of my cars...

:P

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
andrewgpaul
Jedi Council Member

Post by andrewgpaul »

Where did you get that shot from?

And did KITT always have that goofy-looking air scoop on the bonnet? Urgh.
"So you want to live on a planet?"
"No. I think I'd find it a bit small and wierd."
"Aren't they dangerous? Don't they get hit by stuff?"
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Wow. With the exception of McQueen's Mustang and Cage's Eleanor, Poe has every movie car I ever wanted.

Unfortunately, there will be no more Skyline GT-Rs produced, which is good, because the final incarnation was so damn good

lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

andrewgpaul wrote:Where did you get that shot from?
It was from an online hotrod mag website. I can't recall the exact address at the moment.
And did KITT always have that goofy-looking air scoop on the bonnet? Urgh.
:evil: That's not KITT, you Philistine!!

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Lord Poe wrote:Here's a few of my cars...

:P
Having seen an original "edition" of the 60's Bat-mobile in person (IT had a working horn and everything, although I missed the previous showing which had a bald Kevin Spacey driving around London in it) I must say - Ha Ha.

Valdemar wrote:Salm has a point. Porsches are all too common today
and, for my money, you want the classic 911 anyway, not the same-damn-design-as-everything-else cars they build today.
Who cares? It's still an awesome car. (That has apparently gone up in value if you have some of the nicer models from over a decade back, judging by the price my dad's 15 year old model got sold by a friend a year back in lieu of lawyer's fees).

Also, ahem, here are a few more:

Car babes :).

Alpha Romero Spider. Also known as "Red hot sex on wheels". (That isn't someone roller blading :)).

Back from when Big american cars looked amusing :)
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

As far as I'm concerned, the most beautiful car ever made is the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale.

More beautiful than an E-Type Jag, even. And now if you'll excuse me, I need to go change my pants.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
andrewgpaul
Jedi Council Member

Post by andrewgpaul »

Lord Poe wrote:
andrewgpaul wrote:And did KITT always have that goofy-looking air scoop on the bonnet? Urgh.
:evil: That's not KITT, you Philistine!!
My mistake, sorry. What is it, then?
"So you want to live on a planet?"
"No. I think I'd find it a bit small and wierd."
"Aren't they dangerous? Don't they get hit by stuff?"
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

It could be the Bandit's Pontiac Firebird, which is the same car as KITT only not modified slightly.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

WRONG!

It's Mad Max(The Road Warrior to some)'s XB Falcon Interceptor, complete with push-button activated supercharger(!!)
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Drewcifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Drewcifer »

Zuul wrote:It could be the Bandit's Pontiac Firebird, which is the same car as KITT only not modified slightly.
Minor nitpick: Bandit's Firebird was the same make and model as KITT, but an earlier year.

Bandit's was a '78:

KITT was an '82:

Image Original Warsie ++ Smartass! ~ Picker ~ Grinner ~ Lover ~ Sinner ++ "There's no time for later now"
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

andrewgpaul wrote:My mistake, sorry. What is it, then?
Zuul wrote:It could be the Bandit's Pontiac Firebird, which is the same car as KITT only not modified slightly.
GAAA!!! (pulls hair out) Take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yST7yn6rk1E

Drewcifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Drewcifer »

Lord Poe wrote:GAAA!!! (pulls hair out) Take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yST7yn6rk1E
And this: http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/interc ... tory1.html

Interesting, I never knew that that car was originally a Falcon.
Image Original Warsie ++ Smartass! ~ Picker ~ Grinner ~ Lover ~ Sinner ++ "There's no time for later now"
The_Saint
Jedi Knight

Post by The_Saint »

Tim31's correct...

as for my car: this is not how to park how a car...
All people are equal but some people are more equal than others.
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

What the hell did you do, Saint?!

And Death, you fail. The point of this thread was pretty cars, not some of those jokes.

Although that Eldorado would be pretty sexy in white. God damn I want a boat-car. Fuck the gas, fuck peak oil, I want loads of steel between me and the next guy. My friend's friend has a 72 Lincoln Continental left to him by his grandfather. Beautiful copper paint job, black leather interior, car is fucking mint. His grandpappy took good care of her.
XXXI