Songs that make your day Awesome

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Joviwan
Jedi Knight

Songs that make your day Awesome

Post by Joviwan »

As the title implies: What are the songs that can make your day awesome, rain, snow, sleet or apocalypse, just on the listening? What songs can make life seem absolutely peachy, even after you got an F on your paper, your burger came out wrong at Carl's Jr., or your dog died?

My own list:

Spanish Nights (I Remember Them Well) by Blackmore's Night. The Ponderous guitar work at the start let me know the song would be good. The double drum hit before the song starts lets me know the song will be awesome

Inner Universe, off the GitS:SAC soundtrack. The song's mix of beautiful, slow lyrics and fast tempo electronica makes me almost transcendentally happy.

The Storm, also by Blackmore's night. It's a badass song about a badass storm.

Red Fraction, off the Black Lagoon (anime) OST. Awesome song, even if the entire thing is sung in bad engrish.

Knights of Cydonia and Starlight, both from Muse. To loosely quote someone I don't remember, 'Knights of cydonia is 6 minutes of genius'. And Starlight is just generally huggy and uplifting for me. Even if I can't sing falsetto.

And... perhaps the most strange song of the bunch... Vocaloid does the Ievan Polka
Drooling Iguana: No, John. You are the liberals.
Phantasee: So extortion is cooler and it promotes job creation!
Ford Prefect: Maybe there can be a twist ending where Vlad shows up for the one on one duel, only to discover that Sun Tzu ignored it and burnt all his crops.
Mordicant
Redshirt

Post by Mordicant »

Muse is awesome. I would agree with those two songs that cheer me up no matter what. I would add Hysteria and Time is Running Out to those two.

Death Cab for Cutie- Soul Meets Body
Paul Oakenfold- Ready, Steady, GO and Southern Sun
The Beatles- In My Life

And most of all the Badger Song.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Judas Priest - Hell Patrol (Ignore lame movie)

It's my current "listen to to death and then some on constant loop" song.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

NOFX - Linoleum

Allways reminds of how great it is to own as little as possible.
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Deadly Sinners, and Goat Rider's Horde by 3 Inches of Blood, Dracula by Iced Earth and some of the more triumphant In Flames song. They usually get me fired up to the point where I forget being sad.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Drewcifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Drewcifer »

My favorite song by my favorite band:

Big Country - Wonderland

De Profundis Ad Astra!
Image Original Warsie ++ Smartass! ~ Picker ~ Grinner ~ Lover ~ Sinner ++ "There's no time for later now"
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

I remember coming in from Uni after a real crappy day, having to walk home due to a bus drivers strike, not really wanting to play inthe BF2 match I'd agreed to, but doing it anyway.

The load up music for the map was Mr. Blue Sky by ELO.

Picked my mood right up.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

I would have to say John Mayer's "Bigger Than My Body" and "Wheel" make my day awesome.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

What is the offical name of the Big-O "Battle Music" from season-one? I have a version of it on my I-Tunes that is just called "Big-O"

I love playing it as I face bosses in WoW, it always makes things Awesome.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Coriolis
Padawan Learner

Post by Coriolis »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:What is the offical name of the Big-O "Battle Music" from season-one? I have a version of it on my I-Tunes that is just called "Big-O"

I love playing it as I face bosses in WoW, it always makes things Awesome.
I believe it's called "Stand a Chance".
PRFYNAFBTFC - Verendo Iugula
Commander, Halifax-Class Frigate
MFS Doom Panda
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Luigi Boccherini, Musica notturna della strada di Madrid.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs