Invasion

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Chapter 5 will probably be done today.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

NecronLord wrote:Chapter 5 will probably be done today.
Good! I missed the fanfic and I missed you too. Glad to have ya back!!!

*hugs the Lord of the Necrons and gives him a peck on the cheekbone*
Image Image
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:

I haven't been away.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

NecronLord wrote:
Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:

I haven't been away.
Oh... Oops :oops:
Thanx for the sp0ilers! I can't wait!!!
Image Image
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

At first I thought this would be a liche Imperial Invasion, except with better than average writing. Fortunately when I read it I was surprised to read a unique story with unique characters as well. The only things I can really suggest is that the Emperor's dialogue doesn't seem like something he would say, maybe you could "Palp it up" if you get paid for it someday.

I also like High Admiral Narra, named after the Rebel Officer who also had a shuttle named after him in the X-Wing series?
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Darth Fanboy wrote:At first I thought this would be a liche Imperial Invasion, except with better than average writing. Fortunately when I read it I was surprised to read a unique story with unique characters as well. The only things I can really suggest is that the Emperor's dialogue doesn't seem like something he would say, maybe you could "Palp it up" if you get paid for it someday.

I also like High Admiral Narra, named after the Rebel Officer who also had a shuttle named after him in the X-Wing series?
It isn't typical Palpy dialogue. You will note some Sauron Paraphrasing. There is quite a few references to other stuff (intertextuality). There is one in the next chapter as well cookie to whoever gets it. I promise a bit more realistic palpy dialogue next time we see him.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Admiral Rale sat down in his command chair. He could feel the fingers wrapping around his neck even now. When Lord Koloth discovered that he had been outwitted so badly, by a pathetic ship. The com officer walked up behind him. "Admiral, the Imperial Wrath commands that we make contact, immediately" Rale suppressed a shudder. This was it, the end. A hologram shimmered into place on bridge. Koloth stood there, life-size.

"Admiral, I see you have brought back a gift. A shame you seem to have managed to cripple your ship in the process." He arched his eyebrow expectantly, "care to tell me how?"

"They detonated a torpedo of some description inside the docking bay." He replied his voice breaking.

"I see." Replied Koloth "I seem to recall it is procedure to neutralise weapons before boarding. Clearly you have failed in this task, admiral. Report to the command ship for," he paused "re-assignment."

The white armoured troopers detonated the door, it came flying into the room in multiple pieces. Picard ducked and hid behind his chair, he closed his eyes.

"Come now Picard, what are you hiding from?" asked Q. Picard opened his eyes and stood up. "Welcome to shuttlecraft six."

"What do you want Q?

"I save your life and this is all the thanks I receive?" He looked sternly at Picard "I can always send you back."

"That won't be necessary"

"Good, things have changed since we last spoke."

"What things?"

"We, that is to say the Q continuum need you"

"What for?"

"The Q are loosing their powers."

Picard looked at the entity. "What do you mean Q?"

"What I said, I strained myself even moving you this far,"

"Where are we?"

"That doesn't matter at the moment. The fact of the matter is you must discover why. It seems to be linked to the invasion by the Empire."

"What can I do about it?" asked Picard

"There are imperial agents on Risa. That should be your first stop," said Q. Picard disappeared in a flash.

The soft green-blue orb of Risa grew in the window. Cortsweien watched the pilot as he began to take the ship into the atmosphere. "Pitch down four degrees, engaging repulsorlifts." Said the pilot.
"Signals still non hostile," said the communications operator. "Numerous greetings being received."

"Landing area still clear, four kilometres from main settlement. No shielding has been detected, at this time." Reported the sensor operator. Cortsweien stood up, leaving the four men on the bridge, nodding to Sub-lieutenant Friedman to take over.

He walked down the short corridor that formed the neck of the corvette, and turned left, to the passenger quarters. Opening a sliding door to the passenger quarters, he stepped in. Leaning on a chair, was the agent from intelligence. He looked over his shoulder, placing the datapad on the desk. "I take it we've arrived?"

"Yes sir, we are about to land." The agent stood up, and pulled a jacket from the captured ship over his battered flight-suit. "Wait for my return, if I am not back in forty eight hours or have not transmitted the code-word, you should open fire on the locals and escape." Cortsweien nodded.

"What's the code-word?" he asked.

"Almighty."

The agent left the room. Cortsweien could hear the landing gear extending at the rear of the ship. There was a shudder from the back of the ship, of the vessel touching down. The intelligence agent pushed a button and the airlock began to cycle open. The agent stepped into the 'lock. "Forty eight, from now," he stated. Cortsweien nodded, taking note of the time.

Picard walked to the counter, "Tea, earl grey, hot" he said to the table.

"Certainly, citizen, please input your citizen code into the table computer. Picard sat down, pressing the sequence of numbers on the panel. The replicator in the middle of the table produced a cup of tea. He looked around, what did Q mean about 'Imperial agents' did he mean the Romulans. There had been rumours recently about a coup on Romulus. He took a sip from the tea. "He must have meant the ships that attacked the enterprise, he may not have intended to, but he had given away quite a large amount." Picard lost himself in reflection regarding this new adversary. "The Borg seemed invincible on our first encounter, these Imperials will have their weaknesses too." He thought. "I must contact starfleet command" he resolved.

Picard stood up, leaving his drink behind, and left the café. In one direction were the governmental areas, another the infamous pleasure district. Picard looked upwards seized by a sudden impulse, descending from the sky was a familiar ship. Picard ran in the direction it was moving he had to find out what was going on.

Six ships dropped out of hyperspace, their target was something known as a transwarp hub. Moving to take up a three dimensional diamond shape, at an offset from the target they began to accelerate. At the front was the imperator II class star destroyer obliterator, arrayed behind her were four dreadnoughts, and at the rear, a victory class star destroyer.

In front of them, the orange mist of the nebula waited. On the display screens of the task group's tactical controllers, over one hundred distinct vessels were visible. Looking at the command hologram of the area, in the obliterator's battle control room her captain smiled. "All ships, general quarters, send to the Imperial Wrath, 'Enemy engaged.'"
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

FIRST TO POST! :P
Supermod
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Its about time Q went down! Choke on the waste and Enjoy the Taste!
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Chapter 6 on the way.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

"We are the Borg, you will be assimilated, resistance is futile. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own." The captain sat unimpressed in his command chair. "Shut them up" he ordered. Seconds later a beam of green light shot from the lead destroyer shot outwards and incinerated a cube. More cubes emerged from the dense nebula. They ploughed through space and began to fire their weapons at the intruding ships. Faster spheres manoeuvred rapidly attempting to prevent the imperial ships acquiring a firm target lock on them. It was to no avail. Turbolaser bolts spat out reducing cubes to expanding clouds of gas wherever they touched them.

As the imperial ships continued their relentless progress into the heart of the nebula, the Borg collective set its entire mind against them. More ships poured through the re-activated wormholes, hurrying to intercept the oncoming enemies. Decisions were reached with a cold disregard. A tactical cube, cube one four seven, emerged from the aperture of a wormhole. The cube set its course to ramming speed, travelling at full impulse power.

Picard watched the man walk calmly down the ship's ramp. His mannerisms perfectly matched the average federation tourist. He was an impressive actor. The ship itself looked strange close up, hammer-headed and terminating in massive thrusters, it was totally unlike any normal starship. Looking across the landing area he was unable to see much of the underside due to parked shuttles, but the topside was clearly visible. There were two small turrets and one massive one visible.

The man began to cross the landing pad, still maintaining the guise. He had brown hair, and was wearing a standard federation civilian work overall, probably replicated from the enterprise, thought Picard. He made his way past Jean Luc's position without incident. Not seeming to notice that he was being watched.

The Borg cube advanced inexorably. A few tie fighters began to strafe it, the reduced range of the turbolasers in the nebula telling as the imperials came closer to its core. One fighter was caught in a tractor beam, it was dragged into the gaping maw of the monstrosity.

The pilot, known as Daq to his friends wrestled with the controls. Though it was a powerful and sturdy fighter, the TIE fighter was no match for the power of the tractor beam, and disappeared into the interior of the tactical cube, firing its laser cannons all the way in. The other fighters looped away from the ship. Heading back to the fleet, communicating ahead.

Tactical Cube 147 Moving to intercept enemy vessels.

Interception vessels detected.

Life forms detected.

Transport and assimilate.

Picard slid around the corner after the spy. The man was ahead of him now, and heading into the city centre. The man turned off into a darkened alleyway. Though the federation had technically eliminated poverty, this was not entirely true. By eliminating money and replacing it with the near-worthless federation credit system, they had actually galvanised social conditions. It was no co-incidence that most starship captains had family on earth.

The captain followed the man into the back street. Cautiously he peered into the darkness. Picard edged along the wall, keeping a watch for any movement. Suddenly a fist burst from the darkness, catching Picard on the chin. He reeled back and lost his balance. The man slammed the heel of his hand into the captain's chest and swept his legs.

Picard crashed to the ground, his head jarred by the fall. He looked up to see the other man take a type one phaser from his pocket, and point it at him. The agent pressed the fire button, the sizzling red beam missed Picard's prone from. Seizing his opportunity as the agent disgustedly threw the weapon away, Picard kicked a foot into his groin.

The man stumbled backwards and fell. Picard leapt forwards onto him, grabbing him by the overalls. The man grunted as he fell, Picard began to press onto his throat.

"What did you do to my ship?" he screamed.

The other man remained stoically silent, and began to push against Picard, his superior strength and training showing. The man slammed his knee upwards and rolled, breaking the captain's jaw in the process. Picard's hand found the dropped phaser. Grasping it he attempted to throw his overbearing assailant off. The man rolled backwards and smartly to a standing position, reaching into his pocket for something. Picard did not give him the chance, pressing the button on the small phaser he watched as the bright beam hit the man, causing him to step back. A red ring began to spread across him and he gave a howl of pain. The man began to fade from view.

The cube rolled onwards, the fleet at last coming into range. The imperials reacted entirely as had been expected. The cube was blasted to pieces in a single shot. From the debris emerged a sphere.

Tactical Cube 147 destroyed.

Tactical Sphere 236 ready.

Engaging warp drive.

The Borg sphere shot forwards, at almost a hundred timed the speed of light. The Imperator Star Destroyer leading the formation was its target. The shields of such a craft would be orders of magnitude beyond the weapons yield of a sphere. This time however, they were not. The shields were annihilated, and the sphere crashed into the destroyer's prow with an unimaginably immense amount of kinetic energy.

Both vessels were blasted to atoms travelling at relativistic speed. This shower of energy rained down on the victory star destroyer behind it, draining its shields. The view ports of the old star destroyer smashed, and the atmosphere of the ship began to blow crewmen into the cold of space.

Elsewhere in the nebula, the waiting Borg activated their transporters, and began beaming the unfortunate survivors aboard. There would be much distinctiveness added to the collective soon.

Aboard the Imperial Wrath Kane Koloth watched the assembled officers of the fleet. Behind him stood high admiral Narra and Admiral Rale, The three remaining field commanders gave their reports.

"Yes sir, these dominion have been elusive, and we have been unable to locate their hidden command centre." Reported one

"Indeed" said Koloth "and how exactly do you plan to find them?"

"We have been monitoring their ship movements, it has been most difficult. Their soldiers and officers usually kill themselves before capture."

"Fanatics?" asked Koloth

"It seems so sir, from available information they seem to worship the founders as deities."

"I trust your judgement, admiral" replied Koloth, concluding the meeting. As the holograms flickered out he turned to Narra.

"If we are to follow our orders we will need a firm base of operations." He said.

"It seems unlikely that we will be able to achieve that without building a ground up infrastructure."

"I know" replied the Dark Jedi; "Perhaps I should take a personal hand in things." He said almost to himself.
LT.Hit-Man
Rabid Monkey

Post by LT.Hit-Man »

Nice realy nice.
Good tactics a nice description of ship combat and anti-brog take down tacs
All in all this is a very good fan fic I look forward to reading more of it.
LT.Hit-Man
Brotherhood of the Monkey: Rabid Sith Monkey from hell.
Mad scribbler of the Writer's Guild Headquarters
Grand Inquisitor of ASVS (ret) ASVS Vets Assc.

" poor bruised and mistreated? jesus Christ Iggy, you haven't been watching Voyager reruns again have you? " - Darth Fanboy
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Thanks LT.

No-one else have any comments?