[Awesome] Julian Beaver's 3D Pavement Art (Beware 56k users)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

[Awesome] Julian Beaver's 3D Pavement Art (Beware 56k users)

Post by Soontir C'boath »

I recently received a chain e-mail from a friend and apparently, it's been circulating for three years now but I'm glad I found out about it because they are absolutely stunning.

Here are some of my favorites:

There are more on his website.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Yes, he was invited to come to Charleston this summer, during our Regatta festival. Did a lovely picture of a raft going over rapids.

Found it!

He really didn't need to put in the gator. He could have just used one of the Kanawha River's legendary catfish.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

This is the one that really works, even if you can see the pavement lines. The depth of the work is just amazing!

Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Covenant
Sith Marauder

Post by Covenant »

I wonder how you draw those things. Back in the day they did them with mirrors, but I have no idea how he does it--does he have a big mirror?
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

Holy shit, that's amazing. Covenant, why do/did they use mirrors?
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

He uses a camera.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Covenant
Sith Marauder

Post by Covenant »

Ahh, a camera. That shoulda' been my first guess. ;p
[R_H] wrote:Holy shit, that's amazing. Covenant, why do/did they use mirrors?
They used to use mirrors to do this so that you could write secret messages, and doing it with a warped mirror allowed the message or picture (something naughty perhaps) to be re-viewed later but be sekret until then. You'd hold the mirror a funny way, draw it by watching the mirror and not your hand, and then you'd end up with a fucked up piece of art that looked perfect under specific circumstances. Optical tricks like this were popular in the Victorian era.