NFL 08 Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

And they both have a bye week now! I have Gates and Chambers on my fantasy team, plus Braylon Edwards, so I'm going to end up with byes on my team this weekend.
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Bills picked Trent Edwards to start over JP vs Willis McGahee and Le Baltimore Ravens. Hopefully Lee Evans and Aaron Schobel will show up this week and give the kid some help.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Gadzooks, prediction time again!

Tampa Bay at Detroit
Tennessee at Houston
New England at Miami
San Francisco at New York Giants
Baltimore at Buffalo
Atlanta at New Orleans
Arizona at Washington
New York Jets at Cincinnati
Kansas City at Oakland- no pick
Chicago at Philadelphia
St. Louis at Seattle
Minnesota at Dallas- no pick
Pittsburgh at Denver
Indianapolis at Jacksonville
Last edited by Qwerty 42 on 2007-10-20 04:51pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

What's with the no-picks? Does that mean you like those teams equally and you can't force yourself to pick against one?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

in those two cases, dislike them equally.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Week 7

Sunday, October 21
TEN @ HOU
TB @ DET
ATL @ NO
BAL @ BUF
SF @ NYG
ARI @ WAS
NE @ MIA
KC @ OAK
NYJ @ CIN
MIN @ DAL
CHI @ PHI
STL @ SEA
PIT @ DEN

Monday, October 22
IND @ JAC

Byes: Panthers, Browns, Packers, Chargers
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I'll take:

Texans
Lions
Saints
Ravens
49ers
Redskins
Patriots
Chiefs
Bengals (Why do I keep picking this gutless team?)
Cowboys
Bears
Seahawks
Steelers
Jaguars
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Miami is so going to win today.

*runs away screaming*
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

That's not as far-fetched as it sounds. Miami has had New England's number for a long time, their defense is built for speed and defending the pass, while New England's only healthy runner is a scatback (Kevin Faulk).

Oh, who am I kidding? :lol:
Cos Dashit
Jedi Knight

Post by Cos Dashit »

Elfdart wrote:That's not as far-fetched as it sounds. Miami has had New England's number for a long time, their defense is built for speed and defending the pass, while New England's only healthy runner is a scatback (Kevin Faulk).

So far it is not looking so good, 28 - 7. But, hey, a Miami fan has gotta have hope, right? Even when we are 6-0 and losing? Right...?
Please forgive any idiotic comments, stupid observations, or dumb questions in above post, for I am but a college student with little real world experience.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Cos Dashit wrote:
Elfdart wrote:That's not as far-fetched as it sounds. Miami has had New England's number for a long time, their defense is built for speed and defending the pass, while New England's only healthy runner is a scatback (Kevin Faulk).

So far it is not looking so good, 28 - 7. But, hey, a Miami fan has gotta have hope, right? Even when we are 6-0 and losing? Right...?
No. Squish the fish. :P

Seriousely though, I had to change the channel. I'm no homophobe, but all the Tom Brady cockchugging is turning my stomache.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Cos Dashit
Jedi Knight

Post by Cos Dashit »

Wonderful. Brady's first two incomplete passes are followed by a punt... which is downed on our 1 yard line. Great.
Please forgive any idiotic comments, stupid observations, or dumb questions in above post, for I am but a college student with little real world experience.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

If the first quarter is any indication, the Pats-Dolphins game is on pace to go 84-14.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Flagg wrote: Seriousely though, I had to change the channel. I'm no homophobe, but all the Tom Brady cockchugging is turning my stomache.
I guess Favre's nutsack is too old and wrinkled for the chinny chin chins of these media hacks. They want new scrotum NOW!
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Elfdart wrote:
Flagg wrote: Seriousely though, I had to change the channel. I'm no homophobe, but all the Tom Brady cockchugging is turning my stomache.
I guess Favre's nutsack is too old and wrinkled for the chinny chin chins of these media hacks. They want new scrotum NOW!
It's funny, I used to hate Favre. But now that he's old and nigh insignifigant I'm starting to gain quite a bit of respect for him. It doesn't hurt that he shut the Grossman wankers up last season.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Week 7 Results

Elfdart 9-5
Havokeff 9-5
Qwerty 42 3-9 2NP

Overall

Elfdart 60-42
Havokeff 59-43
Darth Fanboy 43-32
Qwerty 42 36-46
The Dark 7-7
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I'm surprised. I did a lot better than I thought. My fantasy team took a beating. Everyone had a bye except Carson Palmer and Ronnie Brown. Brown blew his ACL and is done for the year. The Dolphins suck so hard right now it's no longer any fun to pick on Chardok.

Any UK members going to the Dolphins/Giants game next Sunday?
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Elfdart wrote:The Dolphins suck so hard right now it's no longer any fun to pick on Chardok.
That could never possibly happen. :wink:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

This week's winners:

Giants (If they lose this game, they might as well stay in London.)
Colts
Bears
Bengals
Eagles (I flipped a coin on this one. The Eagles are really starting to suck.)
Browns (Since when are the Browns a road favorite? Oh that's right -everyone is a favorite when playing the Lambs. The GM in St. Louis should be tarred and feathered for dumping Mike Martz. They've gone from The Greatest Show On Turf to The Silence Of The Lambs.)

Jets
Titans
Buccaneers
49ers
Broncos
Patriots (If the Redskins had an offense, they could beat New England. But since they don't...)
Chargers
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Pittsburgh at Cinncinatti
Philadelphia at Minnesota
Detroit at Chicago
New York Giants at Miami
Cleveland at St. Louis
Indianapolis at Carolina
Oakland at Tennessee- no pick
Houston at San Diego
Jacksonville at Tampa Bay
Buffalo at New York Jets
Washington at New England
New Orleans at San Francisco
Green Bay at Denver

Is there a night game tonight? I couldn't find one on the NFL site.
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

Third quarter...13-3 Looks like...wait, I'm picking something up from the ether.....yes, the spirits say.....Giants 31, Miami 10.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

At least the Dolphins put up a fight. Just think of what they could do if they had talent. Tony Siragussa went over Miami's record of selecting players, something like only one or two of the players selected from 1998-2005 are still on the roster, with only two players selected in the last decade making a single All-Star game. How do they pick players? Eenie-meenie-miney-moe? Can't be -random chance would have given better results.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

I can't wait until next week when the Colts finally shut up the fucking Patriots whores.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

Elfdart wrote:At least the Dolphins put up a fight. Just think of what they could do if they had talent. Tony Siragussa went over Miami's record of selecting players, something like only one or two of the players selected from 1998-2005 are still on the roster, with only two players selected in the last decade making a single All-Star game. How do they pick players? Eenie-meenie-miney-moe? Can't be -random chance would have given better results.
I actually looked it up before the season started as well. I think something like all but three or four (Maybe a tad more, but it was still a ridiculously low number) had been on the team for even one FULL season.

But you're right. Statistically, they should have ACCIDENTALLY done better by now.
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

9-3 to this point, not bad.