M41A(WIP)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Cosmic Average
Jedi Knight

M41A(WIP)

Post by Cosmic Average »

It's the gun from Aliens, used by the colonial marines...

Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Christ, I just got a chubby. Did you model it just for fun or do you have specific intentions for it?
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Covenant
Sith Marauder

Post by Covenant »

Man, nobody liked my 3D modelled cartoon guy head! I see how it is now! If it's not a gun or a spaceship, nobody pays attention! How fickle is the favor of SDN!

Cool gun though.

I knew something was off--the shotgun doesn't have enough clearence for the shell to eject. Widen out that little white flap a bit!
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

What modeling software are you using?
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
Cosmic Average
Jedi Knight

Post by Cosmic Average »

Tasoth wrote:Christ, I just got a chubby. Did you model it just for fun or do you have specific intentions for it?
For fun. :o
Covenant wrote:Man, nobody liked my 3D modelled cartoon guy head! I see how it is now! If it's not a gun or a spaceship, nobody pays attention! How fickle is the favor of SDN!
I didn't see it.. Got a link?
Covenant wrote:Cool gun though.

I knew something was off--the shotgun doesn't have enough clearence for the shell to eject. Widen out that little white flap a bit!
Is this better?

Kanastrous wrote:What modeling software are you using?
Blender
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

The launcher is a SPAS-12 kitbash, so reference pics on the net should be easy to find.

And you better throw this in a UT3 mod, or I'll be a sad, sad man.
Covenant
Sith Marauder

Post by Covenant »

Cosmic Average wrote:Is this better?
Much! It was only a minor nitpick, but it's one of the gun's charms. And since you were going for accuracy, I assume, I figured I'd point it out. Inconsistancy between the props is a bit annoying, but Stark's right about it being based off a shogun.

As for my spaceman head, I can't remember where I had it. One of my photobucket accounts is toast so I'm not positive where some of the materials are. I could re-upload them but it's not even rigged yet, just a modelling job. I was really just joking though, I realize most people like to see robots and fancy guns more than characters here. My five minutes of fame were from the mod I did for SotS, which not suprisingly featured a lot of weapons. ;D