Samus Aran vs Boba Fett

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

TrekWarsie
Padawan Learner

Samus Aran vs Boba Fett

Post by TrekWarsie »

Both are equipped with all of their weapons. Fett does not get Slave I in this battle, though.

Who wins?
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Which Samus is it? I/II/Super/Prime Samus, or Fusion Samus?
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

If this is Prime or Fusion then I think Fett is going down harder than a sack of spuds laced in Neutronium.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Boba Fett. I doubt Samus's suit would be able to stand up to blasters and thermal detonators.
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Samus has a greater array of weapons that are easy to use, and with that scan visor could figure out fett's weak spots. One wave or ice beam hit at full power would seriously damage his suit or immobilize him to the point that some of his weapons would be inoperative. Finish him of with a missle or a charged plasma shot.
He may have powerful weapons but if his blaster and his flamethrower are close together in power and use, then he is seriously done for. Really most of the weapons he uses are used by the pirates in Prime.
If you want to argue that if Obiwan could not beat Jango how could a 0 lightsaber non SW person try. Consider this. The light saber is not as useful at blocking lasers close range if it was then Obiwan would have just moved in and cut off Jango's arms? No the lightsaber is a weapon best used where surprise and distance are not issues. As in you can get close enough to your opponant to neutralize them but are able to dodge or reflect laser fire.
Samus' suit can take a great deal of fire(at full power), and would make her, better able to neutralize him, faster.
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Old topic, boba fett gets his ass handed to him on a million little platters.

Samus's suit has shields, shields that can, with the right upgrades, sit in lava unharmed. Her suit can carry hundreds of missiles and bombs, varried energy weapons, ability to jump almost limitlessly, shoot through walls, infrared and ultraviolet vision. I'm pretty sure she could take a standard jedi and probly hold her own against a master(depends if he shields can stand a few/repeated lightsaber hits.

Bye bye.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

anarchistbunny wrote:Old topic, boba fett gets his ass handed to him on a million little platters.

Samus's suit has shields, shields that can, with the right upgrades, sit in lava unharmed. Her suit can carry hundreds of missiles and bombs, varried energy weapons, ability to jump almost limitlessly, shoot through walls, infrared and ultraviolet vision. I'm pretty sure she could take a standard jedi and probly hold her own against a master(depends if he shields can stand a few/repeated lightsaber hits.

Bye bye.
But how do those compare to a blaster bolt or a hail of them? And what about thermal detonators? Fett's got both and I'm skepitical of whether she's all she's cracked up to be.
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

Stormbringer wrote:But how do those compare to a blaster bolt or a hail of them? And what about thermal detonators? Fett's got both and I'm skepitical of whether she's all she's cracked up to be.
Well, the person who you quoted said:
anarchistbunny wrote:Samus's suit has shields, shields that can, with the right upgrades, sit in lava unharmed.
There you go. Energy from Lava is more than Vader can absorb. Vader can absorb blaster bolts (unless you would like to say it was Vader's armor absorbing it, which opens up a whole new can of worms elsewhere). Samus > Lava > Vader > Blaster.
I wouldn't know about Thermal Detnators. How much damage do you take sitting under 25 ft of lava, since that's the amount of damage the Thermal Detnator will have to overcome, just do deal ONE point of 200+ damage needed to bring her down.
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

-- Vaarsuvius, from Order of the Stick
Anarchist Bunny

Oh, forgot to mention, Samus's armor doesn't slow her down a bit. Before we had teh quote that her armor acted like a second skin, but in Prime we see just how serious that quote is. Her suit flexes with her breathing. And not just moving up and down, but bending inward.
Wiilite
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Aran would likely take this battle. Fett's got skill, but as has been previously said, Samus' shields can take ludicrus amounts of thermal energy. So, blaster bolts will likely not do much damage (if any at all). However, thermal detonators may give her a run for her money.

Interestingly enough, kinetic attacks seem to be quite effective against her, which supports the Wong conclusion that Kinetic weapons against energy shields are more effective than energy weapons.

So, Sammer may be fucked up by blast of a thermal detonator may (I'm not a numbers man, and am in no way enamored by the idea of crunching the numbers to see what her suit can take) be able to take her out, his blasters would be left impotent against her.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Yogi wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:But how do those compare to a blaster bolt or a hail of them? And what about thermal detonators? Fett's got both and I'm skepitical of whether she's all she's cracked up to be.
Well, the person who you quoted said:
anarchistbunny wrote:Samus's suit has shields, shields that can, with the right upgrades, sit in lava unharmed.
There you go. Energy from Lava is more than Vader can absorb. Vader can absorb blaster bolts (unless you would like to say it was Vader's armor absorbing it, which opens up a whole new can of worms elsewhere). Samus > Lava > Vader > Blaster.
That's the thing, the incident with Vader is ambigous. I for one think he blocked it at least partially with the Force. We know blaster ordinarily cut through stormtrooper armor so we need to determine the strength of her armor and compare that to the damage of blaster bolts.

And two other points:

1) We don't know that Anakin/Vader feel in lava. There are conflicting accounts some of which say it was some sort of reactor.

2) We don't know if he was armored when he fell.
anarchistbunny wrote:I wouldn't know about Thermal Detnators. How much damage do you take sitting under 25 ft of lava, since that's the amount of damage the Thermal Detnator will have to overcome, just do deal ONE point of 200+ damage needed to bring her down.
Perform the calcs but don't use game mechanics.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Draw, as they decide not to waste ammo on one another when there are bigger fish to fry.

The inevitable sex subthread will begin, including images of anal sex in the Slave I's cockpit.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Well, I'm actually familiar most with Super Metroid Samus, who's got a massive assortment of weapons. I mean, her suits energy shield by the end of the game, if you've gotten everything, can be upgraded with 14 energy tanks and 4 reserve tanks. It's basically like you've got to kill Samus 18 times.

Considering you can get 230 missiles in Super Metroid, 50 super missiles, 50 power bombs, plus limitless normal bombs and blaster cannon attacks, Samus is packing quite alot of heat in her suit. She can get Wave/Plasma and Spazer/Ice Beam. Plus she can do more powerful blast attacks with Charge Beam. Plus, if she gets everything that means she's packing hyperbeam, and that's some badass shit right there.

With Gravity Suit, damage is reduced by 3/4th, plus she can move through lava and water like air. Plus, she's got hi-jump boots, which make she jump extremely high and space jump boots which let he jump continuously in the air. Combined with screw attack (think Sonic the Hegdehog like attack) and the ability to rebound off walls, she doesn't really need very much ground. Sort of like flying, but not quite. When I fought Ridley at the end of Norfair, I didn't even touch the ground at all. As has been said, it makes Samus is protected from extreme heat from lava.

With speed booster, she can run really fast and make huge vertical leaps.

From all I've seen of Boba Fett in the movies, I don't see how he has a chance. Samus is freaking badass.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

SirNitram wrote:Draw, as they decide not to waste ammo on one another when there are bigger fish to fry.

The inevitable sex subthread will begin, including images of anal sex in the Slave I's cockpit.
Samus takes it in the ass?
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Samus takes it in the ass?
Of course. This is SD.net, run by one of the most vocal proponents of anal sex in the entire world :twisted:
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Vympel wrote:
Galvatron wrote:Samus takes it in the ass?
Of course. This is SD.net, run by one of the most vocal proponents of anal sex in the entire world :twisted:
Does that include A2M?
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Samus is 6' tall, weighing 200 pounds.
How big is Boba?
「かかっ―」
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

Stormbringer wrote:Perform the calcs but don't use game mechanics.
:shock:
So, what SHOULD I use. I'm not familiar with Metroid in other formats except the games.
I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds. I shelve physics texts under "Fiction" in my personal library! I am grasping the reigns of the universe's carriage, and every morning get up and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware!

Rubberanvil
Jedi Master

Post by Rubberanvil »

XaLEv wrote: How big is Boba?
Wrong question, the one you want to ask is "How big is Boba's manhood?" :P :)
Boba Fett
Jedi Master

Post by Boba Fett »

Rubberanvil wrote:
XaLEv wrote: How big is Boba?
Wrong question, the one you want to ask is "How big is Boba's manhood?" :P :)
That should remain secret. Suffice to say all my girlfriends were more than satisfied... :lol:

On the other hand thermal detonators can be set from low to a very high level of power.

In SotE a single one blowed up several levels in Xizor's palace on Coruscant.
Visit Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Member of BotM and HAB
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Yogi wrote:
So, what SHOULD I use. I'm not familiar with Metroid in other formats except the games.
Actually I was responding to anarchistbunny's post.

The games are vaild but he's just throughing out game stats with out even attempting to analyse them. Not to mention he's saying even lethal wounds should be measured by hit points. :roll:
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Stormbringer wrote:
Yogi wrote:
Actually I was responding to anarchistbunny's post.

The games are vaild but he's just throughing out game stats with out even attempting to analyse them. Not to mention he's saying even lethal wounds should be measured by hit points. :roll:
Well, in regards to the last part, according to Metroid Prime that's exactly the case. Energy tanks generate a shield that has to be dropped before you can damamge Samus or her armor(The information is given when you scan an energy tank). So in order to hurt Samus, you really do have to drain every single energy tank, plus any reserves she has.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

SAMAS wrote:Well, in regards to the last part, according to Metroid Prime that's exactly the case. Energy tanks generate a shield that has to be dropped before you can damamge Samus or her armor(The information is given when you scan an energy tank). So in order to hurt Samus, you really do have to drain every single energy tank, plus any reserves she has.
I understand the difference between a sheilded and an unsheilded target. However I'm saying that the energy levels of the sheild should be calculated.

And I am also saying you absolutely cannot apply game damage models to her unsheiled.
Yogi
Jedi Council Member

Post by Yogi »

Lava Calcs

The Lava was somewhre bewteen orange and red, making the temprature around 1000C or 1273 K
By the formula Q = s * T^4 (where s = 5.67 X 10-5 ergs/sec/cm2/deg4) the amount radiated by Lava = 14.89 Joules / cm^2 *sec.

The human body has around 2m^2 of surface area. Assume the armor does NOT add ANY extra surface area.
2m^2 = 20,000 cm^2

(14.89 Joules/(cm^2 * sec)) * 20,000 sm^2 = 279,800 Joules/sec

We don't know how much energy her armor conducts, so let's assumt is conducts NO energy at all (impossible, I know.)

The density of lava 2.6 g/cm^3. Therefore, for one cubic meter, you get 2,600 kg of weight, all pressing down on a square meter area. Samus has 2 cubic meters of Surface Area, so that's 4,200 m^2. That's .50 atmospheres per meter. In the game, the deepest she ever went (I think) is 10 meters. So that's an extra 5 atmospheres pressing down on her.

Damage she takes from all of the above: Zero.

Anarchist Bunny

Accually to get to the ruined area you have to go through a very deep lava pit. 10 meters sounds a little short for it.
Wiilite