AC/DC vs. Metallica

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Metallica or AC/DC?

Poll ended at 2007-11-05 10:48pm

AC/DC
49%
Metallica
29%
Both suck ass.
22%

Total votes: 49

Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

AC/DC FTW. Metallica had some good stuff but they've lost it all.

Besides, Bon Scott would kick Lars Ulrich's ass without effort. He was a mean little son of a bitch. Lars, on the other hand, is a whiny punk that sues people for downloading the two good songs off his album instead of paying $20 for fifteen tracks of shit and two that they'll actually listen to.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Just now picturing the ashes of Scotty reforming and beating the shite out of Lars.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

As with Led Zeppelin, if Metallica had stayed the thrash-metal course, this would be no contest. A blues-rock band stuck on three chords and pentatonic scales just can't match the level of sophisticated counterpoint and harmony Cliff Burton was composing while he was alive. However, the last seventeen years are... well, all that needs to be pointed to. I voted to shit on both of 'em. I have no more love for Metallica's yodeling vocals and farty mids-dominated tone as of late than I do for AD/DC's slow-paced trebly mosquito tone and drunken parrot vocals.
Lisa
Jedi Knight

Post by Lisa »

I don't like anything from metalica's black album on. Also I don't like the whole persecute their fans for a buck. AC/DC wins by default.
May you live in interesting times.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Yes, I was one the 11, the 23% (thus far) who said they both suck. Why, you ask?

I don't like rock. Old rock, new rock, metal rock, death metal rock, folk rock, hard rock, soft rock, gay rock, straight rock, Star Wars rock...whatever. I don't like it. Ergo, to me, they both suck ass.

Now, if you had asked between say...Hans Zimmer vs Harry Gregson-Williams...that would be interesting. :wink:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

*mind boggles* How on earth can someone not like Rock?

Your not a....rap fan are you? *Looks at RI with suspicion*

As for Metallica Vs AC/DC, my vote goes to the Ozzies.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Dartzap wrote:Your not a....rap fan are you? *Looks at RI with suspicion*
No. Well, a few songs here or there by Eminem (not that gangsta shit though) but that's it.

As for rock, I will grant one exception, if you count Evanesence (or however you spell it) as rock. That's it though.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

RogueIce wrote:
Dartzap wrote:Your not a....rap fan are you? *Looks at RI with suspicion*
No. Well, a few songs here or there by Eminem (not that gangsta shit though) but that's it.

As for rock, I will grant one exception, if you count Evanesence (or however you spell it) as rock. That's it though.
........ :shock:

Yes, well, I think I wont try and see what you like. The mental image from that post alone has put me into shock, heh.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Post by The Cooler King »

AC/DC, hands down. Loved Metallica, up till the Black Album, but not as much as AC/DC (listening to 'It's A Long Way To The Top' at the moment, as a matter of fact!)
I don't like being a bastard, but they leave me no choice.

-Marshal Law, "The Hateful Dead"
Drewcifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Drewcifer »

The Cooler King wrote:AC/DC, hands down. Loved Metallica, up till the Black Album, but not as much as AC/DC (listening to 'It's A Long Way To The Top' at the moment, as a matter of fact!)
I concur. And bagpipes in a rock band, FTW!

I had a funny thing happen this weekend with "For those about to rock". I was driving around and that song came on and I cranked it. (After a million listens, that song still rocks. Killer guitar tone!!) I stopped to get a drink and didn't turn down my radio when I went into the store. When I came back out, I started my car but the radio was silent. "Hmm...dead air?" I wondered.

Well, the song was still playing, but I happened to perfectly catch it right after a "FIRE!", but just before a cannon blast.

I about crapped my pants.
Image Original Warsie ++ Smartass! ~ Picker ~ Grinner ~ Lover ~ Sinner ++ "There's no time for later now"