Stormtrooper vs. Klingon Warrior

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Stormtrooper vs. Klingon Warrior

Post by Mr. B »

No guns (ie blasters, phasers, disrupters)

The stormie has a force pike and the warrior a bat'leth.

Put in a gladiator like stadium.

FIGHT
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

melee weapons aren't effective against Stormie armour.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

Is there a name for the Klingon martial art system that they supposedly use?
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

This is probably what would happen:

*Klingon sluggishly swings weapon at stormie, stormie parries with force pike, cutting through ba'leth and Klingon, stormie wins*

And GAT,maybe a Kling can swing the weapon with so much force it'll give him a concussion, or whatever, although from the cyborg/spear example, maybe not.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:melee weapons aren't effective against Stormie armour.
but rocks are. If the klingon hits hard enough he might do something
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Isolder74 wrote:
Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:melee weapons aren't effective against Stormie armour.
but rocks are. If the klingon hits hard enough he might do something
I'd be very surprised if a Klingon can heft a rock of that size above his head and drop it on a Stormtrooper below.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote: melee weapons aren't effective against Stormie armour.
For the sake of this vs lets say he is wearing the black naval trooper uniform. With helmet.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

He still wins, force pikes are vibroblades

klingon swings, stormie parries and bat'leth is cut in two, stormie makes one quick wrist motion and klingon is sliced neck to nuts
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

No no no Alyrium....Klingon screams as the swings, then his bat'leth gets cut in two and he gets killed.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

If the Stormtrooper has no armor, then it depends on the skill of the individual Klingon and Stormtrooper.

I am unconvinced that the weapons themselves will make the difference.

Of course, we never have seen a remotely competent Klingon, so it really doesn't make any difference.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Patrick Ogaard
Jedi Master

Post by Patrick Ogaard »

Even wearing the black naval trooper's uniform, the stormtrooper armed with the force pike should win more often than not in a contest of force pike against Klingon sidearm, batleth (bat'elh?) or mekleth (the short version used by Worf).

Even with the vibroblade function turned off, the stormtrooper would likely win.

Simply put, not one of the standard Klingon weapons is well designed to block or outreach a long thrusting weapon like a force pike. The Klingon might force his body along the shaft of the force pike to chop the stormtrooper in half before expiring, but a solid thrust through the gizzard will kill regardless of the number of spare livers Klingons carry around inside.

Turn the vibroblade function on and a Klingon has no chance at all unless he throws his weapon and connects.

Actually, this might be a viable scenario if one assumes a massive multi-sided melee between various forces attempting to take control of an Ikonian teleportation facility, as long as one assumes its damping fields work on blasters.

So we have:

1. Imperial naval security troopers with force pikes (whose powered functions may not work)

2. Jem'hadar with their odd axe-like weapons

3. Klingon warriors in all their glorious melee attire of bat'leth, d'ktahg and possibly mek'leth (single or pair) if someone doesn't want to tote around a bat'leth

4. Starfleet security personnel, who would ordinarily carry nothing more than a combat knife in such a situation, but let's say their ship's first officer just held a Vulcan bachelor party and had a couple of Vulcan prenuptial conflict resolution devices on hand, so that each muscular security dude is toting a lirpa or ahn woon in addition to the regular knife.

Who else should join the party?
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

The Klingon weapon is not as good as a force pike in either durability or edge, and the stormtrooper armor is highly resistant to simple kinetic strikes. I think that the stormtrooper would win more times than lose, during this battle.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Throw in some Borg drones for fun. Personally, i think the stormtrooper would win. Even if Klingons are stronger than humans physically, the stormtrooper can move faster, especially without that armor.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

I am a damn fool who has forgotten that the Klingon has a batleth, one of the worst melee weapons in all of science fiction. Stormtrooper sans armor wins easily.
Bob The Great
Youngling

Post by Bob The Great »

Keep in mind that in addition to the vibro-blade tip, the force pike has a stun setting, where a mere touch anywhere on the pike except the handle will render this poor Klingon unconscious, and shortly to be sliced and diced at the trooper's liesure.
Bob The Great has spoken...
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Excellent point, Bob. With the stun feature, the stormie need not fear being killed by a Klingons final move before he dies. Of course this si just adding to the already overwhelming "stormtrooper wins" pile, and detracting from the ever decreasing "Klingon wins" pile.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Darth Yoshi wrote:Throw in some Borg drones for fun. Personally, i think the stormtrooper would win. Even if Klingons are stronger than humans physically, the stormtrooper can move faster, especially without that armor.
You mean, "Throw in some Borg drones for blade-fodder"??? :twisted:
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

(Darth Garden Gnome)
"This is probably what would happen:

*Klingon sluggishly swings weapon at stormie, stormie parries with force pike, cutting through ba'leth and Klingon, stormie wins*"

Hey, I dislike ST fighting choreography as much as the next guy, but how exactly are you going to cut through a bat'leth in mid-swing with the three-inch vibroblade tip of a force pike? That would take Royal Guard skill level.

"And GAT,maybe a Kling can swing the weapon with so much force it'll give him a concussion, or whatever, although from the cyborg/spear example, maybe not."

Actually, I'm fairly surprised Stormtroopers don't carry a field vibroblade or something similar, just for close-quarters scuffling.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Eleas wrote:(Darth Garden Gnome)
"This is probably what would happen:

*Klingon sluggishly swings weapon at stormie, stormie parries with force pike, cutting through ba'leth and Klingon, stormie wins*"

Hey, I dislike ST fighting choreography as much as the next guy, but how exactly are you going to cut through a bat'leth in mid-swing with the three-inch vibroblade tip of a force pike? That would take Royal Guard skill level.

"And GAT,maybe a Kling can swing the weapon with so much force it'll give him a concussion, or whatever, although from the cyborg/spear example, maybe not."

Actually, I'm fairly surprised Stormtroopers don't carry a field vibroblade or something similar, just for close-quarters scuffling.
No the royal guard skill level would be killing the kling before he can even move
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

(NecronLord)
"No the royal guard skill level would be killing the kling before he can even move"

To hit a weapon in midswing with a three-inch blade is difficult. If the blade is affixed to a two meter rod, it's more difficult. If the rod is flexible... almost impossible.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Yuri
Village Idiot

Post by Yuri »

Come on, the Empire is not invincible and Klingon combat training is definately superior. What's up with you guys?
FireNexus
Cookie

Klingons...

Post by FireNexus »

If Klingon combat training were superior to stormies, then DS9 would've been taken easily.

Klingons use idiotic melee attacks when ranged combat would keep them both safer and more secure in their positions. They're glory-hogging morons, and only that.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

And their weapons suck.
Not bad for parrying, but you can't attack worth shit.
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Yuri wrote: Come on, the Empire is not invincible and Klingon combat training is definately superior. What's up with you guys?
Yeah right. At the first chance the klings drop their disruptors and pick up the melee weapons. Then they run and get shot. The stormie would pound on the klingon. And the force pike is a more versatile weapon than the batleth. it also has a better range.

Legalize It!

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:You mean, "Throw in some Borg drones for blade-fodder"??? :twisted:
Of course. You didn't think that I was suggesting the Borg drones would win, did you? Only DarkStar would suggest that.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia