Some Stuff

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Last edited by Kanastrous on 2009-01-26 02:23am, edited 6 times in total.
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Wow, wonderful stuff. And what a variety... Artillery, ships, ground vehicles, 'puter gear. There's something for everyone here!
Kanastrous wrote:There follows a flash of brilliant blue-white light visible through every seam in the console, a sort of loud FOZZ sound, and the smell of ozone, as about one hundred 6V miniature bulbs blow simultaneously, the wires arc, and the circuit shorts.
So THIS explains the "exploding consoles" contrivance in SciFi! They really are that fragile! :D
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

*edit*

Moved this to page 1, to try and keep stuff together...
Last edited by Kanastrous on 2007-11-02 07:18pm, edited 2 times in total.
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

That's in your living room?! I hate you so much right now...
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

What's cool, is that my friend mis-wired (or mis-ballasted) the fluoros in the box, so that they don't turn on when you plug it in...

...they come on when you wave your hand over the surface of the plexi.

A happy accident, that someone who knows more than I do, about electronics, can explain.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Yay, impressive line up. :D
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

Aw man, you're living my dream!

Not only are you doing work for motion picture, you've also done illustrations for Cyberpunk, Cyberspace, 2300AD, Twilight 2000 and Traveler!

And as a bonus we get a glimpse of Jim C's next movie! Whee!
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

Woah, Ive played most of those games.

Good stuff. :D
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Post by The Cooler King »

I just have to say, the fact that you did stuff for 'Cyberspace' alone would make you ultra-cool in my book, but your movie design work absolutely rocks.
I don't like being a bastard, but they leave me no choice.

-Marshal Law, "The Hateful Dead"
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Thanks!

Where in Maryland are you at?

I'm from Bethesda.
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Post by The Cooler King »

I'm originally from right around Forestville, in PG County, but I'm currently in the ass-end of the state. St. Mary's County, about an hour and a half south of DC.
I don't like being a bastard, but they leave me no choice.

-Marshal Law, "The Hateful Dead"
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Re: Some Stuff

Post by Kanastrous »

Last edited by Kanastrous on 2008-10-18 10:11am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Last edited by Kanastrous on 2008-07-21 01:21pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Last edited by Kanastrous on 2008-07-21 01:21pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

kanastrous wrote:^ After we got done crushin' it
Awesome :D . The rest of your work is also amazing. When's the feature being released?
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

It's slated for Summer 2009.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

G-Force
The film revolves around a team of trained secret agent guinea pigs that take on a mission for the US government to stop an evil billionaire, who plans to destroy the world with household appliances.
I am afraid.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Be very afraid.

Although really, for all the twelve-year-old-ness of the idea (which after all was the brainchild of a twelve-year-old) the screenplay for the most part reads very well. And it's purposefully colorful and dishevelled and meant for kids and also sort of for their parents.

Anyway, it does have some fun-potential and we'll see if the final edit realizes it.
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Got sort of dragged by friends to the Star Trek show at the dome in Long Beach, and lo one of my friends' 'sets' was part of the exhibit, and a lot of another friend's shop's props were in the show, and some of my playback stuff was running on screens around the room.

Kind of weird, to see your work in a traveling museum show.
Last edited by Kanastrous on 2008-03-04 10:36pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

You are an unsung artist. *salutes*
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Most artists in this business are!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

you have become an hero!

Hrm. This gives me an idea. Like you and your movie set maker artists gather around and make a website gallery or something that just shows your awesome work.

It'd be awesome! Sci-fi props and sets are often fantastic! And concept art is cool too. It'd bring attention to the unsung awesomers like you who design such stuff as Star Trek consoles, to the dudes who designed the armors in the Starship Troopers movie (props that get reused in a whole slew of other low-budget shows), etc.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:(props that get reused in a whole slew of other low-budget shows), etc.
That's funny; when that command truck set was fully finished, dressed, and lit, we all looked at each other and said, well, guess we'll be seeing chunks of this recycled into the next ten or twelve hi-tech shows...

...since that is how it usually works. I keep spotting our ISS interior from Day After Tomorrow in other shows, and commercials - usually being used to greater effect, than in the movie for which it was designed.

After 2001 Stanley Kubrick had the model of the Discovery destroyed, so that it wouldn't show up in subsequent movies...which was damned inconvenient when it came time to do 2010 - since the documents necessary to build the Discovery had been destroyed, too.
Shroom Man 777 wrote:you have become an hero!
Well thanks, but... don't go setting such a low bar for hero. :D
Last edited by Kanastrous on 2008-03-15 06:26pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Shroom Man 777 wrote: to the dudes who designed the armors in the Starship Troopers movie
BTW that's Jim Martin; he's the illustrator who developed the look of the armor, and my friends' shop in Culver City (Prop'er F/X) handled the manufacturing.
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

That command truck reminds me; we were joking at my school's TV station that our production truck would make an awesome set for the same sort of mobile hacker command center setup that it looks like you have. I'll see if I can get some pictures of it in the next couple of days.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"