NFL 08 Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

I'm just gonna pick tomorrow because I'm, obviously, busy.

Green Bay at Detroit
New York Jets at Dallas
Indianapolis at Atlanta
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

The Jets? THE JETS? :shock:

I'll take the Lions, Cowboys and Colts. Always take the home team on Turkey Day -unless the home team really sucks.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Lions? :lol:

Greenbay
Dallas
Indy
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

2-1, not bad.

Time to pick for this weekend, methinks.

Oakland at Kansas City- no pick
New Orleans at Carolina
Houston at Cleveland
Seattle at St. Louis
Washington at Tampa Bay
Tennessee at Cincinnati- no pick
Buffalo at Jacksonville
Minnesota at New York Giants
San Francisco at Arizona
Denver at Chicago
Baltimore at San Diego
Philadelphia at New England
Miami at Pittsburgh
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

3 for 3, bitches! A perfect record! And it's gonna stay that way, cause I'm not making any more predictions anytime soon! :lol:
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

This week's winners:

Saints
Jaguars
Buccaneers
Seahawks
Bengals
Browns
Cardinals
Bears
Chargers
Patriots
Steelers
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

For the love of god I hope Rivers throws all game long. LT is not allowed to get a touchdown.
In Omnia Paratus.
Peace. Order. Good government.
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Can we bench JP already? Throw two picks, including the game killer, then cough it up on a sneak? Sorry lad, you've had your chance. At the end of season you're somebody else's problem.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Gah. The Niners found all kinds of ways to make this game interesting, but managed to (somehow) take advantage of a Neil Rackers miss on a seemingly-easy game winner to get win #3. Once again, Trent Dilfer managed to put up a respectable performance.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Despite many predictions to the contrary, the Eagles are making a game of it against the Patriots. The Eagles currently lead 21-17 in the 3rd with 3 minutes to go. Go Birds!
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Master of Ossus wrote:Gah. The Niners found all kinds of ways to make this game interesting, but managed to (somehow) take advantage of a Neil Rackers miss on a seemingly-easy game winner to get win #3. Once again, Trent Dilfer managed to put up a respectable performance.
That Tim Rattay TD throw and the fumble in overtime saved my fantasy week.
In Omnia Paratus.
Peace. Order. Good government.
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

Browns win #7.

Eagles fall just short of pulling the biggest upset in pro football this year... Damn was that interesting. Without that interception in the endzone, that game goes into overtime, and anything can happen in OT.

Also, Tennessee's loss definitely helps the playoff picture for Cleveland. :P
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"
- Alyrium Denryle, on HAB's policy of "Too much is almost enough"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

The 49er game has to be the first time a team won in OT because the other team fumbled in its own endzone.
:lol:
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Elfdart wrote:The 49er game has to be the first time a team won in OT because the other team fumbled in its own endzone.
:x Fuckin' Cardinals.

:lol: Still rather funny for being such a loserish way to lose a game.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Elfdart wrote:The 49er game has to be the first time a team won in OT because the other team fumbled in its own endzone.
Correction, Elfdart, I believe that it's the third walk-off fumble recovery in the endzone in NFL history. :lol:
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Go Niners. Every game they win knocks NE two spots back in the Draft.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Come on, Just give me this ONE GAME. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE don't embarass me on Monday night. AGAIN. PLEASE!!!!!!!

Dolphins, if you lose, so help me I'll....kill this kitten!

*Holds up an obviously stuffed kitten*
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Falkenhayn wrote:Can we bench JP already? Throw two picks, including the game killer, then cough it up on a sneak? Sorry lad, you've had your chance. At the end of season you're somebody else's problem.
Yes, pease, for the love of god.
JADAFETWA
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

Chardok wrote:Come on, Just give me this ONE GAME. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE don't embarass me on Monday night. AGAIN. PLEASE!!!!!!!

Well, the Dolphins can become the first team to have two perfect seasons, one with no losses and a matching one with no wins!
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Kuja wrote:
Falkenhayn wrote:Can we bench JP already? Throw two picks, including the game killer, then cough it up on a sneak? Sorry lad, you've had your chance. At the end of season you're somebody else's problem.
Yes, pease, for the love of god.
Looks like your wish was granted: Trent Edwards is starting next week. Next time, save your wish for something useful, like "Please make Elfdart a billionaire!"
:P
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Chardok wrote:Come on, Just give me this ONE GAME. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE don't embarass me on Monday night. AGAIN. PLEASE!!!!!!!

Speyburn, single malt, 10 year old, straight scotch. 750ml costs around $25.00. Save the kitten for a young female relation. On the other hand, I don't like your chances against the stingiest, most triggerhappy 3-4 scheme in the NFL. Troy Polamalu is out though.
-Stuart
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Gah. What awful conditions in Pittsburgh. The field is VISIBLY CRAPPY even from just a TV feed. Could have something to do with the 0-0 score, so far, though the Steelers are driving.

Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

LOL 3 to 0

that is all

edit: the winner was... not the stuffed kitten
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

Interesting.... I did get sick of the constant whining about the field, though. I don't want to be "Mr. Intardnet Tough Guy One-Upper" but I've played in worse conditions, by far. Sure they're not used to it, but you don't have to repeatedly show shots of mud to emphasize that. They're football players, they'll adapt and keep playing.

Also, this weekend seems to be the weekend of close calls. Winless Miami and not-so-hot Phillie nearly beat the Steelers and unbeaten Pats, respectively. Too bad.... :?
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"
- Alyrium Denryle, on HAB's policy of "Too much is almost enough"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

The whining about the field is bullshit. If anything, sloppy conditions favor the offense unless high winds are involved. The shittiness of this game is due to both offenses sucking and nothing else. There are usually several games every year played in downpours, yet they don't suck like this. Miami had a home game a few years ago in a monsoon where they just finished before a hurricaine hit Florida, yet that game didn't blow donkey balls like this one.