love
39%
other
No votes

Total votes: 31

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

If power is meant in a real world sense, ie no crushing your enemies a la Vader, love. I want happiness that I can look back at when I'm old and dying without regrets.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Love is happiness. Without love you can't be truely happy, and if you've found love, you'll never be truely unhappy.

Do i need to quote Beatles songs at you all?

Oh, and GMT, if it's painful and temperamental, it's not love.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

That's a toughie. For me, it boils down to wealth or love. Wealth=happiness, or at least leasure. But love...that's something special, isn't it?
I figure that with wealth but no love, I could still be happy with all my countless possessions, but that's obvious...but with love and no possessions, I could still be happy, and that's pretty powerful.

So I choose love, and not because some old book says it's nice, but on it's own merits.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

1) Power sucks. Power means you have RESPONSIBILITY, and lots of people looking to you for decisions, or else mocking you for your inability to wield your power adequately. HAVING power isn't the same as being able to USE it intelligently or well, even in your own interest!

2) Love isn't something you can just wish for. What the hell would be the point? You'd know it wasn't true love, just love granted via mysticism. Bah to that.

3) Fame is worthless. There are lots of famous people in the world, and a lot of them are truly miserable. Fame only has value to OTHER people, who regard you as famous.

4) Wealth. Jackpot! Money is tangible, real, and can be exchanged for anything you want. You can buy health, amusements, anything you want. You can exchange money for respect, for admiration, for fame, and for power...and you can pick and choose how you are viewed for doing so. That, and you can be comfortable, and with only one life to live, that's the most important thing.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Love. I'd rather be ordinary and have to work hard than to be all alone. I's rather have that special some one to spend the rest of my life with than any sort of power and wealth.
Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

Other.
I want Omipotence! :twisted:
Your puny billion dollars is nothing compared to omipotence. :twisted:
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

Love
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Lagmonster wrote:2) Love isn't something you can just wish for. What the hell would be the point? You'd know it wasn't true love, just love granted via mysticism. Bah to that.
Good point, but what if it was real love? for example, what if you had all four and had to give up three (or give up any you had for one)?
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling