NFL 08 Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

17-16. For once, it's the Bills that win at the last second.
JADAFETWA
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Wow Miami. A 40-13 loss at home against the JETS. The only thing worse than that would be losing to the Raid.. oh wait, no, Clevela... wait, no, Buff... no. Losing to MIAMI!! Someone call Chardok and make sure he stays away from anything sharp. :twisted:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Thag
Jedi Knight

Post by Thag »

Could someone please get a proctologist down to Arizona and extract the Browns' skulls from their asses ? I don't know what they're doing, but it's almost like they're trying to lose.
"And the sign said, 'Anybody caught tresspassing, will be shot on sight.' So I jumped over the fence and yelled at the house, 'Hey! What -'" BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Kuja wrote:17-16. For once, it's the Bills that win at the last second.
Indeed. I'll be in Buffalo next week for the Fish Game. Hopefully, they'll let me bring my broom to the Ralph.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

havokeff wrote:Wow Miami. A 40-13 loss at home against the JETS. The only thing worse than that would be losing to the Raid.. oh wait, no, Clevela... wait, no, Buff... no. Losing to MIAMI!! Someone call Chardok and make sure he stays away from anything sharp. :twisted:
Pff. Your words do not affect me, I'm dead inside already.

Now, to answer your next question, NO, you may not have any of my Cherry Garcia, and YES I AM going to eat that whole hawaiian pizza, and yes, that is, in fact, my heroin, and no, you may not untie that noose.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Thag wrote:Could someone please get a proctologist down to Arizona and extract the Browns' skulls from their asses ? I don't know what they're doing, but it's almost like they're trying to lose.
They should check for hoofprints because they got zebraed on that last play.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Gah! What a blunder by Joe Gibbs. Even I knew that one.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Chardok wrote: Pff. Your words do not affect me, I'm dead inside already.

Now, to answer your next question, NO, you may not have any of my Cherry Garcia, and YES I AM going to eat that whole hawaiian pizza, and yes, that is, in fact, my heroin, and no, you may not untie that noose.
Oh bitch, bitch, bitch.

I picked them to win for some fucktarded reason, along with some other losers. The Eagles played the Patriots close last week, so surely they are more than match at home against the Seahawks, who are playing a 10 AM PST game, are soft, pathetic, undisciplined...
Fuck you, Philly! :finger:

The Chicago Bears can kiss my ass, too. Letting She-Li cut you up late -a fucking disgrace! The 49ers seemed really proud of themselves after winning last week. But let's be realistic: They only won that game because the Cards score the winning TD for them. Then I hear from 49er fans at work that bringing in Ted Tollner to do the play-calling really helped the team. Of course picking plays "eenie-meenie-minie-moe" would be better than what they had before. It didn't matter, since even if Don Coryell had been brought out of retirement, it wouldn't make up for the fact that Trent Dilfer forgot the color of the jersey he was wearing.

But the most sucktacular effort had to come from the Saints. Ahead by 3 with three minutes to go, one would think that running the clock or at least getting a 1st down would be the plan. What do they do? A DOUBLE-reverse with a flip from the QB to a wideout to a running back. What could possibly go wrong when every defender is charging into the backfield to stop the run? AAAARGH! A fumble, the Buccaneers recover, march down the field and score the winning TD. How fitting for a team in New Orleans to be left feeling like a bunch of cheap whores.
:roll:
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Master of Ossus wrote:Gah! What a blunder by Joe Gibbs. Even I knew that one.
I missed that one. What did he do?
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Elfdart wrote:
Iced Ryan Lindell twice in a row and incurred an unsportsmanlike conduct 15-yard penalty that made the game-winning kick that much easier.
JADAFETWA
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Kuja wrote:
Elfdart wrote:
Iced Ryan Lindell twice in a row and incurred an unsportsmanlike conduct 15-yard penalty that made the game-winning kick that much easier.
For what reason? Just the two timeouts in a row, or did the ref decide that multiple icings was bad?
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Qwerty 42 wrote:For what reason? Just the two timeouts in a row, or did the ref decide that multiple icings was bad?
Two timeouts in a row to ice the kicker is a 15-yard penalty. It turned a tough 51 yarder into a 36 yard gimme.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

Elfdart wrote:
Thag wrote:Could someone please get a proctologist down to Arizona and extract the Browns' skulls from their asses ? I don't know what they're doing, but it's almost like they're trying to lose.
They should check for hoofprints because they got zebraed on that last play.
You noticed that too? Goddammit! It's so fucking obvious as he runs down the sidelines, jumps straight up, then just magically falls sideways out of bounds! Of course he had no chance of coming down inbounds because he wasn't knocked out of bounds and still managed to get a foot down... :roll:

Yes, the Browns did their damned best to lose that game, and still got hosed. :x
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"
- Alyrium Denryle, on HAB's policy of "Too much is almost enough"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
Thag
Jedi Knight

Post by Thag »

Yeah, it was a shitty call. The problem I had is that, if they don't throw two interceptions, if two returns aren't completely botched, not to mention the fucking stupid penalties (why did that retard feel a need to kick a dead ball away??!?!?), getting boned by the refs on that last play becomes a non-issue.
"And the sign said, 'Anybody caught tresspassing, will be shot on sight.' So I jumped over the fence and yelled at the house, 'Hey! What -'" BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

I don't think we have any Denver fans here but I'll go out of my way anyway to thank them, the Chiefs and the Raiders for continually gift-wrapping this division for the Chargers. :lol: The Raider's beat the Chiefs and the Bronco's, acing their role as late-season spoiler. :wink:
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

What's really great is that if the Chargers beat the Donkeys, but lose the rest of their games, they will still win the division and make the playoffs with one home game.
:twisted:
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Elfdart wrote:What's really great is that if the Chargers beat the Donkeys, but lose the rest of their games, they will still win the division and make the playoffs with one home game.
:twisted:
Lucky for them they play in the AFC Worst.

Speaking of blunders, what the heck were the Saints doing with that horrible reverse call? I just saw the replay, and I just can't believe how disorganized that whole thing was. In comparison with the beautiful fake hand-off, earlier, which helped the Bucs score earlier in the half, it really shows how poor planning and poor execution can be beaten even with inferior players who are well disciplined and coached. There was no aspect of that end-around reverse that the Saints looked comfortable with, which resulted in a lot of running around and an atrociously ugly lateral (since Bush hadn't even put himself in the right position to make the frickin' hand-off). That's why they lost.

Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Elfdart
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

Wonderful though honestly, now I can revert to old form and become as insufferable as a Patriots fan and entertain delusions of grandeur. :)
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Elfdart wrote:I picked them to win for some fucktarded reason, along with some other losers. The Eagles played the Patriots close last week, so surely they are more than match at home against the Seahawks, who are playing a 10 AM PST game, are soft, pathetic, undisciplined...
Fuck you, Philly! :finger:
Come now, the Birds' QB only contributed three, sorry, no, make that FOUR picks. And only three of those were to Tatupu. I think he literally willed Feeley to throw him the ball at the end there.

I swear, I thought I was hallucinating when Feeley threw the game loser after Westbrook practically handed him the win with that 64 yard punt return: "Here, A. J., just get it to one of the boys in green, no, wait dude, that's not our receiver... Again."
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Feeley probably lost himself a shot at starting the rest of the season, which is sad in a way. He threw more picks in his two (of three) games than McNabb threw the rest of the season. The only remaining question is McNabb or Kolb next year.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Pff, I'm not bitching. Quite the opposite, in fact; i've resigned myself to our mediocrity.

Hell, it's not even mediocrity now. It's just suckitude.
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

Thag wrote:Yeah, it was a shitty call. The problem I had is that, if they don't throw two interceptions, if two returns aren't completely botched, not to mention the fucking stupid penalties (why did that retard feel a need to kick a dead ball away??!?!?), getting boned by the refs on that last play becomes a non-issue.
That's all too true... *hangs head* :(
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"
- Alyrium Denryle, on HAB's policy of "Too much is almost enough"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

The no catch call against Cleveland was the right call. He was not shoved out of bounds by the defenders. The Defenders were in perfect position to defend that play and there was no way Winslow was going to come down in bounds. He bumped into the Cardinal defenders but that was because the defenders were in perfect position. It's a tough break on a good catch, but it was the right call. If you rule it the other way, you then are almost sanctioning a slight halo around a reciever when he is near the sidelines or corners of the end zone and Quarterbacks would do nothing except put the ball there.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

Kornhauser or whatever the hell his name is can shove it up his fucking cornhole. "Bill Bellicheck is evil incarnate, he runs up the score, he cheats, he's arrogant, he snubs other coaches, &c. &c."

FUCK. YOU. :finger:

He's a damned good coach who certainly doesn't deserve your stupid ass criticizing him constantly. He's not the "villain" of the Pats dynasty, so you can just shove it up your ass, you worthless excuse for a commentator.
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

The Raven's game plan tonight reminds me of Marv in Sin City, when he handcuffs Elijah Wood to his wrist and says "Lets see you jump around now". So far, the Pats Dline is being manhandled.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland