NFL 08 Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Fleet Admiral JD wrote:Kornhauser or whatever the hell his name is can shove it up his fucking cornhole. "Bill Bellicheck is evil incarnate, he runs up the score, he cheats, he's arrogant, he snubs other coaches, &c. &c."

FUCK. YOU. :finger:

He's a damned good coach who certainly doesn't deserve your stupid ass criticizing him constantly. He's not the "villain" of the Pats dynasty, so you can just shove it up your ass, you worthless excuse for a commentator.
He's a fucking cheater. That's all I need to know.

And worse, he's a stupid cheater.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Wow. I don't know what Philadelphia and Baltimore are doing, but New England looks suddenly very, very mortal.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Flagg wrote:He's a fucking cheater. That's all I need to know.

And worse, he's a stupid cheater.
Damn right. I don't care about his personality, or whether he "runs up the score." It's one thing if it's a Pop Warner game or something, but fuckin' who cares if one NFL team team blows the other away? If the other team is offended by it, well, score some damn points.
Qwerty 42 wrote:Wow. I don't know what Philadelphia and Baltimore are doing, but New England looks suddenly very, very mortal.
And Baltimore looks like they just might hold on for the win. It's 24-20 Ravens with about 3:40 to go. It's a lot of time still, but Baltimore has been in front or at worst tied most of the game, at least for all of the game I've seen so far.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Yeah, the people bitching about running up the score are fucking whiny bitches who should find a hobby more inclined to their sensabilities. Like knitting or beach combing.

You put as many fucking points on the board as you can. That's their fucking job.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

And so we agree.

Anyway, we've got 1:00 to go in the 4th with the Men in Black still in front 24-20. And some silly penalties to boot from the Ravens. Patriots have the ball and are driving from the 13.

Edit:

Wow, NE just pulled ahead, 26-24, but flag on the play...

Edit:

Two, 15-yard penalties against the Ravens. Someone roughed someone up after the play and then threw and official's flag into the stands?

And there's a review on the Pats' touchdown.

Edit:

It's a touchdown after review. 26-24 Patriots.

Offsides on the Ravens. That's the THIRD penalty here.

Edit:

And the kick is good. 27-24 Pats. 44 seconds to go.

Now we have to see about these 3 penalties on the Ravens...

Edit:

14 seconds to go. Both teams just used their remaining time out.

Edit:

Game over after a hell of a throw and a catch just outside the goal. Now it's all over but the recriminations.

Patriots win, 27-24.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

What a massive fuckup on the Ravens' coach's part. And what a game, right down to final second.
JADAFETWA
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Fucking generous officiating for the PAtriots on that last drive of theirs, but the Ravens shot temselves in the foot even worse. Pa-thet-ic.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Kuja wrote:What a massive fuckup on the Ravens' coach's part. And what a game, right down to final second.
I think they blew about 20 seconds trying to figure out what the hell to do before they tossed their last timeout.

Hell of a catch. Too bad it was a few yards short.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

FSTargetDrone wrote:
Kuja wrote:What a massive fuckup on the Ravens' coach's part. And what a game, right down to final second.
I think they blew about 20 seconds trying to figure out what the hell to do before they tossed their last timeout.
Another fuckup.

And you know, I can't really pan 57 (whatever his name was) on that penalty. If my coach made such a stupid fucking mistake I'd be seeing red too.
JADAFETWA
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

The Ravens won that game 3 times. The Patriots lead a charmed life.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

The last two minutes of that game were just one giant heart attack.
JADAFETWA
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

And how. What a fucking heartbreaker. Bart Scott was in tears being taken to the locker room.

If Rex Ryan had just trusted his men.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Heck of a finish, no matter who you you were rootin' for. I have no stake in either team, but it was fun to watch.

And Brady, please wrap up the press conference. The background is giving me seizures. Can't.. change.. channel...
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Falkenhayn wrote:And how. What a fucking heartbreaker. Bart Scott was in tears being taken to the locker room.

Hey it wasn't just that play, and technically an assistant coach isn't allowed to call a time out anyway, so that should have never been allowed.

The play that really killed them was the 4 and 1 that they stopped them on, BUT NE false started and since you can't refuse that particular penalty, they got another shot.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Fleet Admiral JD wrote:Kornhauser or whatever the hell his name is can shove it up his fucking cornhole. "Bill Bellicheck is evil incarnate, he runs up the score, he cheats, he's arrogant, he snubs other coaches, &c. &c."

FUCK. YOU. :finger:

He's a damned good coach who certainly doesn't deserve your stupid ass criticizing him constantly. He's not the "villain" of the Pats dynasty, so you can just shove it up your ass, you worthless excuse for a commentator.
Calm down sparky. Kornhauser is just providing commentary. He doesn't actually think that. (watch PTI) He is merely commenting on what quite a few people around the NFL are thinking and feeling, players coaches and fans alike.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Kuja wrote: And you know, I can't really pan 57 (whatever his name was) on that penalty. If my coach made such a stupid fucking mistake I'd be seeing red too.
Bart Scott knew his team was getting zebraed to death. The refs would have flagged the Ravens for a dozen phantom holding calls if that's what it took to get the Patriots that last touchdown.

Brian Billick won't get fired, but if I were in his shoes I'd want a morning after pill immediately.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Apparently, this is what had Bart Scott all hot and bothered and not the play calling. :roll:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Elfdart wrote:
Kuja wrote: And you know, I can't really pan 57 (whatever his name was) on that penalty. If my coach made such a stupid fucking mistake I'd be seeing red too.
Bart Scott knew his team was getting zebraed to death. The refs would have flagged the Ravens for a dozen phantom holding calls if that's what it took to get the Patriots that last touchdown.
No shit. I expecially loved how the guy was juggling the ball out of bounds and they upheld it as a TD after review.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

havokeff wrote:
Falkenhayn wrote:And how. What a fucking heartbreaker. Bart Scott was in tears being taken to the locker room.

Hey it wasn't just that play, and technically an assistant coach isn't allowed to call a time out anyway, so that should have never been allowed.

The play that really killed them was the 4 and 1 that they stopped them on, BUT NE false started and since you can't refuse that particular penalty, they got another shot.
That's Bullshit. The whole point of being able to decline a penalty is so the other side dosen't derive an advantage from their breaking the rules. What kind of Einstein came up with that one?

Second, how did Matt Light go the Pro-bowl last year, disregarding the fact that he's BB's little buddy? I thought elite left tackles weren't supposed to give up pressures, knock downs and sacks with that kind of regularity against...decent defenses.
-Stuart
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Falkenhayn wrote:
havokeff wrote:

That's Bullshit. The whole point of being able to decline a penalty is so the other side dosen't derive an advantage from their breaking the rules. What kind of Einstein came up with that one?

Second, how did Matt Light go the Pro-bowl last year, disregarding the fact that he's BB's little buddy? I thought elite left tackles weren't supposed to give up pressures, knock downs and sacks with that kind of regularity against...decent defenses.
Doesn't a false start happen before the play, though?
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Flagg wrote:
Yep, the play was technically dead before it started.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

havokeff wrote:Apparently, this is what had Bart Scott all hot and bothered and not the play calling. :roll:
Ummm no, that article is talking about Samari Rolle. Scott was pissed about officiating.

Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Flagg wrote:
What's the relevance? You can't call two consecutive time outs before a kick, or else its 15 yards and an auto 1st. The NFL has decided before that certain actions in discrete situations deserve special penalty.

If you decide to go for it on fourth down, but commit a penalty, the other team ought to be able to decide whether you ought to talk a penalty in yards, or turn the ball over. To compel someone to take the yards and give the offending team a penalty in yards ignores case-by-case circumstances which the whole "accept" or "decline" choice is designed to address.
-Stuart
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Falkenhayn wrote:
Flagg wrote:
What's the relevance? You can't call two consecutive time outs before a kick, or else its 15 yards and an auto 1st. The NFL has decided before that certain actions in discrete situations deserve special penalty.

If you decide to go for it on fourth down, but commit a penalty, the other team ought to be able to decide whether you ought to talk a penalty in yards, or turn the ball over. To compel someone to take the yards and give the offending team a penalty in yards ignores case-by-case circumstances which the whole "accept" or "decline" choice is designed to address.
But a false start, like a delay of game, actually ends the play before it starts--so there IS no play to begin with.

There are penalties (offsides, illegal formation) that continue through the play, because they technically occur when the ball is snapped. However, penalties that occur before the ball is snapped prevent a play from even starting (also why encroachment results in whistling the play dead). It was the right call, but it's very unfortunate for the Ravens, who caught NO breaks in that game.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Falkenhayn wrote:
Flagg wrote:

Because there was no advantage gained by the Patriots. The were set back 5 yards. It's not like they got to do the play over, because the play never started.

As far as the 2 timeouts before a kick thing goes, that's fuckign self explanatory.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw