Fist of the Empire

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Fan_of_the_Empire
Redshirt

Fist of the Empire

Post by Fan_of_the_Empire »

Does anyone have any idea what is up with this fic? I loved it the first time I read it, but now I can't find it anywhere...
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Off to fanfics.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Re: Fist of the Empire

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Fan_of_the_Empire wrote:Does anyone have any idea what is up with this fic? I loved it the first time I read it, but now I can't find it anywhere...
I intended to completely re-write it (the original was horrible, frankly, being my first attempt at fanfiction and usually posted unedited), but I've always been to busy to do so, and recently had a hard-drive crash which lost the work I did anyway. Maybe someday that will change. Maybe not.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Fan_of_the_Empire
Redshirt

Post by Fan_of_the_Empire »

Whatever you may think about it Duchess, it's the best SW v ST fic I've ever read. It may not be your best work, but that doesn't make it terrible. I'll pray that you continue it someday, because I've been dieing to know how it all ends up for years.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Fan_of_the_Empire wrote:Whatever you may think about it Duchess, it's the best SW v ST fic I've ever read. It may not be your best work, but that doesn't make it terrible. I'll pray that you continue it someday, because I've been dieing to know how it all ends up for years.
My final subject on that matter is probably recommending De Imperatoribus Galacticis, and its prequel of The Long Patrol.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

I'd definitely second the Duchess on those. They're a lot more refined, as befits the additional experience accrued by the author by the time they were written.

Which isn't to say that FOTE wasn't a fun read, and I too have hopes of seeing an eventual rewrite.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

so those of us who have been holding out hope for the better part of a decade should just accept the fact that Kirk's Counterstrike will never be written....

Hello darkness my old friend...
I've come to walk with you again.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Col. Crackpot wrote:so those of us who have been holding out hope for the better part of a decade should just accept the fact that Kirk's Counterstrike will never be written....

Hello darkness my old friend...
I've come to walk with you again.
Jeez.

Please, go read DIG.

Falkenhorst
Jedi Knight

Post by Falkenhorst »

Hey Duchess, I am also going to jump on the bandwagon and bother you to bring back FOTE. I think it was hands down awesome and I wish you would write more.
Falkenhorst

BOTM 15.Nov.02

Post #114 @ Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:44 pm

"I've had all that I wanted of a lot of things I've had
And a lot more than I needed of some things that turned out bad"

-Johnny Cash, "Wanted Man"

UPF: CARNIVAL OF RETARDS
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I loved FOTE for its time, but that has passed and her style of writing has changed a fair bit. I’d much rather see a continuation of work on stories in The Great Game setting. With the American elections heating up I freaking NEED to read the reaction of future fundies to lesbian alien space princesses to keep my sanity.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956