NFL 08 Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Falkenhayn wrote:Was Mario Williams drafted at 6'7", 291? I don't remember that.
Yup. Those are his actual measurements.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

Qwerty 42 wrote:Buffalo at Cleveland
I don't have a grudge or anything, but I've noticed that nearly every week (or actually every week....?) you've picked against the Browns. It amuses me that you've been wrong on this more often than not (8-5 record). Might I ask why you always seem to pick against Cleveland?

:D
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"
- Alyrium Denryle, on HAB's policy of "Too much is almost enough"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Hopefully injuries don't hamper San Diego too much against the Lions cause although 1 win gets us the division and a playoff berth, 3 losses and 2 Denver wins (one against the Chargers and the Vikings) actually gives them the division.

The Lions / Broncos games are important just so that we can rest our starters against the Raiders, even if it puts our win streak against them at peril. :lol: That's worth an honest chance at post-season glory but I'm not too worried about a loss even then cause Michael Turner will probably run all over the Raiders. (and solidify his value as a free agent in this I hear, his contract year :|)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Dark Flame wrote:
I don't have a grudge or anything, but I've noticed that nearly every week (or actually every week....?) you've picked against the Browns. It amuses me that you've been wrong on this more often than not (8-5 record). Might I ask why you always seem to pick against Cleveland?

He just picks teams he likes better, not based on talent or anything. He might as well be picking by who has the hotter cheerleaders. :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

havokeff wrote:
Dark Flame wrote:

He just picks teams he likes better, not based on talent or anything. He might as well be picking by who has the hotter cheerleaders. :lol:
Pretty much. Intending no personal offense, but I disagree strongly with the decision to acquire Lewis. Your team also has the misfortune of playing in the same division as Pittsburgh, who I like a lot, and this year you got to play the Seahawks, who I also like a lot. However, unless I erred, I did pick you against Baltimore and Cincy.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I know the game has already started, but I'll take the Bengals.

Edit: And in doing so, I consigned them to oblivion.
Last edited by Elfdart on 2007-12-15 11:59pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Holy shit! The Niners are WINNING! :lol:
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

Qwerty 42

Jets over New England at home? :lol:
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Fleet Admiral JD wrote:Qwerty 42

Jets over New England at home? :lol:
I've been picking based on the teams I like more all season, not who's better.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Niners win! Hill also looks like 100 times the QB that Alex Smith will ever be--a really solid performance for a rookie outing (compare with Alex Smith's historically awful first season). I wish I could say I thought he would keep playing like this, but he just had a great outing. Really good mobility for a QB, and fairly accurate underneath.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

Qwerty42 wrote:Pretty much. Intending no personal offense, but I disagree strongly with the decision to acquire Lewis. Your team also has the misfortune of playing in the same division as Pittsburgh, who I like a lot, and this year you got to play the Seahawks, who I also like a lot.
Fair 'nuf. :) I disagree more with the whole Brady Quinn deal than acquiring Lewis, because at least Lewis has a fairly solid track record.
However, unless I erred, I did pick you against Baltimore and Cincy.
Ah, I suppose you did. And so far they've all worked out for you! :mrgreen:

Edit: Quote tags.
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Master of Ossus wrote:Niners win! Hill also looks like 100 times the QB that Alex Smith will ever be--a really solid performance for a rookie outing (compare with Alex Smith's historically awful first season). I wish I could say I thought he would keep playing like this, but he just had a great outing. Really good mobility for a QB, and fairly accurate underneath.
Honestly if anybody had ever bothered to watch him take a maryland team from 5-6 in consecutive years to the Orange Bowl the following year they might have realized the kid has smarts and mobility. He doesn't have the kind of big rocket arm that you expect from a starter but he moves well in and out of the pocket and has great vision from the line to about 15 yards. So anyway best of luck to Shaun.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Snow bowl in Cleveland. The yard lines are pretty much gone. This game's going to be interesting.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Marshawn Lynch and Jamal Lewis both have rushes of over 20 yards.

Derek Anderson is 3/9
Trent Edwards is 0/3
Its 3-0 Cleveland.

Hopefully this will stay old school.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Damn, they can't even find the yard lines anymore to place the ball!
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

Phil Dawson kicked a 48 yard field goal... Wow :shock: . In those conditions that's a miracle. Browns lead 8-0 at the half.

Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

Pats up 17-7 at the beginning of the 4th.

I loved the interception on the Jets first drive. :D

Out of curiosity, Qwerty, what do you have against the Pats?
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Miami wins! They beat the Ravens in OT. The Ravens' D fell apart in the second half, and a long missed FG gave the Dolphins all the chance they needed!

Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

OH MY GOD ! WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS~~!!!!

FUCKING YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! ALRIGHT!!! WOOO HOOO!!!!!

OH WOW! WE WON! WE WON! WE WON! WE WON! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

*jumps up and down*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Dark Flame wrote:Phil Dawson kicked a 48 yard field goal... Wow :shock: . In those conditions that's a miracle. Browns lead 8-0 at the half.
I saw the replay. Not that it mattered, but when you have a man deep to run back a missed field goal, his second job is to try to jump up and knock down a low kick. If he had jumped, he had a chance to block the field goal just above the crossbar and maybe get a return. He just stood there.

Congrats to the Dolphins. Congrats to Brian Billick for somehow getting the Ravens' owner to announce his return as head coach next season right before they folded against a winless team. Special mention should go to the Massholes in Foxboro for throwing chunks of ice at the referees and Jets during the game. You people suck.
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

I saw the Dolphins win.... I was sad. I was really hoping for the winless 'Fins to upset the unbeaten Pats in Week 16. Oh well.

Browns ended up winning and are just a little bit away from the playoffs now. And the Steelers lost! It's not unforseeable that we could outright win the division!

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Don't the Browns need a better record than the Steelers since they lost against Pittsburgh?
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

Yes. If the Browns win out and the Steelers lose a game then we would win the division.

And thanks to the monumental collapse of Dallas' offense, my fantasy playoff run is officially fucked. 2nd best offense in the fucking league gets held to 6 points. I guess it makes sense, though, because the Dolphins won and the 2nd worst defense (I think) pitched a shutout against the Bills. Damn the NFL. :x

Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

WHAT were the DOLPHINS THINKING! A week early damnit! Now they'll have no motivation to beat the Pats and it's up to the Giants.

Congrats I guess and to all AFC West teams not the Chargers: enjoy the post-season on a couch.
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Saints manage to win against Arizona today, 31-24, to bring their record back up to .500 and keep their thinning postseason hopes alive.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)