havokeff is drawing (NSFW)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

havokeff wrote:Whoa. She might give Mike a run for his money in the bad ass department. Well no, I guess she couldn't since I didn't draw her any feet. :D
That's exactly why she's so badass - she don't need no stinking feet. :D

But man, Hav, you've been seriously busy. So great sketch work - Lucifer looks particularly good, for a variety of reasons.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Big Orange wrote:The Central seems like a cross between Star Trek and the Culture (with the massive circular superstructer).
What is the Culture? That isn't The Central, that's just a planet from it. I'll elaborate on the whole thing when I get all the drawings together that I have... I may have to redo some. If I remember they are mostly pretty rough.
Draw more hot chick character. :twisted:
Workin' on it. :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

More lunch timers. I've been on a DC kick lately. I find their female characters "hotter". :D

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Hmm... Powergirl again.

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Guess I've been on a Wonder Woman kick too. Along with Batman, which is in a separate thread, I've been trying to come up with my own look for these characters so any feedback will be helpful.

Last edited by Havok on 2007-12-18 06:18am, edited 1 time in total.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

More Wonder Woman to critique.

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Aaaand one last WW.

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Thor. Nuff said.

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Wolverine doesn't like ninjas.

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Guess I was on a Marvel kick too. Avengers ASSEMBLE!

Thor is too short. So is Ironman.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Cap's Secret Wars team. I swear i am missing someone.

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

havokeff wrote:Cap's Secret Wars team. I swear i am missing someone.

You're missing She-Hulk, at least. Spider-Woman also joined the crew later. I can't think of anyone else. (Nice work, btw)
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Great work. WW looks a bit 'manly', though.

You totally need to draw a scene where Cap kills Iron Man. And then one where Hulk brutally rapes Iron Man in times square in front of like 50 reporters with Mr. Fantastic puking, and The Punisher pointing and laughing.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
hawkwind
Youngling

Post by hawkwind »

Your women really look like transvestites. Alright, they should be muscular as superheroines, but women have broad hips, thin waist etc.
Also on heroine you would expect somehow tall and lanky look, and long legs. Whillst a stocky superhero is O.K. - e.g. Wolwerine, stocky heroine is just plain ugly. Also women might have sharper features in face, but they rarelly have chin like batering ram.

J.
Destrier? 3/4 ton of meat?
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

yeah, I have agree and the main problem I see atm in that your heroines are a bit too masculine (for my taste at least). This is especially big problem in some of the wonder woman pics as tbh she looks like guy with breast implants.

You should maybe so some reserch into how draw women that are muscular while still appearing femine.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

One thing that just hit me (about the "Secret Wars" shot) is the variances in heights. It seems as though The Thing and Iron Man are too short, and Hawkeye is way too tall. My guess is that he was forgotten and drawn in after the fact, and with no room left in the front row he was left to stand on a box or something.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

SCRawl wrote:One thing that just hit me (about the "Secret Wars" shot) is the variances in heights. It seems as though The Thing and Iron Man are too short, and Hawkeye is way too tall. My guess is that he was forgotten and drawn in after the fact, and with no room left in the front row he was left to stand on a box or something.
You are wise. :D

And damnit...SHE-HULK! I knew it.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Flagg
hawkwind
Lord Revan

As far as WW bein' manly, yeah, that's how I draw her. I just can't, in my mind, draw someone, girl or not, that can go toe to toe with Superman, Captain Marvel or any of the other DC power houses as a "fragile little girl". Especially not the Amazon Princess.

She isn't quite as manly looking when she isn't lifting tanks and flying around with giant boulders and such. :wink: Also when she is in context with male superheroes. See here.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Havokeff, are you a fan of the Heavy Metal cartoons? I get that feeling after seeing your female fantasy characters. Especially the angel with the armoured nipples, reminds me of the hero from FAKK2.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Havokeff, are you a fan of the Heavy Metal cartoons? I get that feeling after seeing your female fantasy characters. Especially the angel with the armoured nipples, reminds me of the hero from FAKK2.
Not really, of the animated movies, but the magazine, yeah.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

havokeff wrote:
There's a magazine? You just made my day.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
havokeff wrote:
There's a magazine? You just made my day.
Dude. :shock: You've never seen Heavy Metal the magazine?!?! Seriously?! Man, there is some awesome art work and stories in there... there is a lot of crap to, but you have like 30 years of back catalog to choose form. Here you go. Enjoy.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I really dig the minimalist black costume Spider-Man in the front row. He looks frikken awesome.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

havokeff wrote: Dude. :shock: You've never seen Heavy Metal the magazine?!?! Seriously?! Man, there is some awesome art work and stories in there... there is a lot of crap to, but you have like 30 years of back catalog to choose form. Here you go. Enjoy.
I've lived in rural christian land for ten years, our magazine choices are pretty limited. I probably could have found it in Ottawa but I usually order stuff of the net instead of going in to stores.

Thanks though, this is awesome. I doubt I'll get a subscription but I'll definetly make an effort to find them.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

PM me your address. I'll send you some.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)