Need Bat-Man help.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

havokeff wrote:
RogueIce wrote: Oh, and if you're going to draw Robin, please for the love of Ra's al Ghul give him pants.
And no way dude. Dick Grayson gets undies.

Yeah, Batman needs easy access. :twisted:
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

No no no! Robin needs a G-string and nipple clips.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Batman wrote:
Phantasee wrote:Ears, also, I don't think his jawline should be so pronounced. Make it blend into the shadows more, like the mask is a fabric draped over his face and less like it's form fitted latex (B&R).
You might want to elaborate on that because so far it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. What has the jawline got to do with the mask being fabric as opposed to form fitted latex when the mask doesn't COVER the jawline to begin with?
Then his mask should cover his jawline. I'm thinking of mail armour, with the bit that covers the head? The way it drapes down the side of the face. What I'm talking about is that whatever material the mask is made of, the side bits should go down from his cheek in a less form-fitted manner.

You should know what I'm talking about... :P
XXXI
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I don't see why. Not only is the cowl NOT made of chainmail but WHATEVER it's made of (both in the comics and havokeff's sketches) it apparently manages to go down from my cheeks in a form-fitting manner just fine.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Post by The Cooler King »

I love the design sketches. Good form, good anatomy; my only complaint (and you've stated it's a stylistic choice, so it's not really a complaint) is the ears on the cowl.
I don't like being a bastard, but they leave me no choice.

-Marshal Law, "The Hateful Dead"
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

I think the drawings and style is very good. But I think your Batman is too bulky. He shouldn't be that musclebound; he has to be agile and stealthy. Think more Charleton Helston from the Apes movies, than Arnold Scharzenegger!

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Upon looking at the sketches again I have to say Poe's right. Even Timmverse me, which especially in the later incarnations is... rather broad across the shoulders isn't built that massive.
I realize I probably DID look like that at some point or other in the comics (Valen even TIM did) but it doesn't seem appropriate.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

So this is the Bat-Man I think I am going to run with. Less bulky, but still muscular. Straightened out the ears. I like the damn phone dial belt buckle. Comments?

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The nose looks a bit off...it's too "big" or something. There's something off with the upper half of his face.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Yeah, the nose is protruding too much.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Yeah, the nose is protruding too much.
Done intentionally. It stays. Anything else?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

I think it looks great. If you pushed me, the only thing I might question is the multitude of pouches on his belt.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Lord Poe wrote:I think it looks great. If you pushed me, the only thing I might question is the multitude of pouches on his belt.
Well he has to have room for the Bat-Shark repellent. :lol: So more or less pouches?
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

havokeff wrote:Well he has to have room for the Bat-Shark repellent. :lol: So more or less pouches?
Less. Especially around the hip area. Remember: he has to have as much free movement as possible. Experiment with different shaped pouches, too. Maybe some pouches have specialized things in them, like carrying vials of...stuff.

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I like it myself. I'm not big on the tall ears, but that's relatively minor. It's otherwise very good. Feels kind of oldschool, with the fabric costume, but has a sense of the real because of the phone pouches.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Jack Bauer
Jedi Knight

Post by Jack Bauer »

Looks great. I like the longer ears, it gives Bats a retro feel, not to mention he looks more intimidating. He now has a real "demon" look, which is a plus in my book.

All in all, this is what I would imagine the Timmverse JLU Batman to look like in a comic rendition.
Sig by JME2
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

His nose looks less like a nose and more like a beak. Which is to say that it looks flat.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Zablorg wrote:His nose looks less like a nose and more like a beak. Which is to say that it looks flat.
It can either look like a beak or flat. Make up your mind. :P
WRT the utility belt, the problem is not the NUMBER of pockets, it's the SIZE of them. And while the current comics utility belt looks pretty much like that if you want realistic that thing probably WOULD get in the way (and STILL be incapable of holding the lightsecond or so of rope I apparently have about my person at any given time).
I add my distaste for curved ears to the already registered one for canted out ears but if you're set on it, I think it works.
And I don't care how much you like it the phone dial belt buckle, it looks like shit, havokeff.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Batman wrote:And I don't care how much you like it the phone dial belt buckle, it looks like shit, havokeff.
:roll: Fine. You have to wear it after all.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I'm alright with the dial-belt. And upon reconsideration, I think your Batman drawing is way cooler than our Batman, the one we're stuck with :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

Robin is too short to be that muscular. He looks like a midget body builder :P

I love Batman's new head, gloves, and cape. Not a fan of the stubble or the excessive pouches.

EDIT:
PS, why does Bruce have a massive hardon in the most recent sketch. Is Robin holding the camera?

PPS: I think your batman has the best batman eyes I've ever seen. Bravo!
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Heh, Batman's got quite a bulge there.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Jack Bauer
Jedi Knight

Post by Jack Bauer »

havokeff wrote:
Batman wrote:And I don't care how much you like it the phone dial belt buckle, it looks like shit, havokeff.
:roll: Fine. You have to wear it after all.
I fuckin hate how he acts like he's actually Batman and is thus in a position to be an "oh so mighty" authority on everything Batman.

His routine would be amusing if it wasn't so goddamn lame.
Sig by JME2
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Jack Bauer wrote: I fuckin hate how he acts like he's actually Batman and is thus in a position to be an "oh so mighty" authority on everything Batman.
My heart bleeds for you. I mean I can absolutely see where I'm actually HARMING you by maintaining I'm actually me and the rest of the forum has definitely gone to cower in a dark corner somewhere. Oh wait. As opposed to making use of it by bringing up embarrasing anecdotes from my long and chequered career. There's damn near seven decades worth of me looking like a complete and utter moron but you have to whine I'm not actually me.
His routine would be amusing if it wasn't so goddamn lame.
*Yawns*
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

My last post in this thread. Thanks for all the input.

This how I envision my Bat-Man WITH Dial Belt Buckle. :wink:

p.s. I actually inked something, just with sharpies, but still, it's the first time in probably 7 years. :D

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)