The TGG Multiverse - Facts and Tales of the Multiverse

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

I was re-reading The Devil to Pay, and three questions popped out in my mind.
1)Who the hell are the Danteri who fought alongside Jellicoe against Bravo Fleet and ran away at the sight of MacKenzie?
2)Why Picard mantain Halaran Turis (a card-carrying Idealogue Betazoid, as defined by the story) as his first officer? Did he shot the political officer or what?
3)Why the Thyrrenian was so unlucky to be attacked by Char Aznable? I suppose that I'll discover what Char was doing and who send him in the second part, but I'm a fan of Char... BTW, what MS they used?
4)Is Lalah still alive?
Master of Cards
Jedi Master

Post by Master of Cards »

lord Martiya wrote:I was re-reading The Devil to Pay, and three questions popped out in my mind.
1)Who the hell are the Danteri who fought alongside Jellicoe against Bravo Fleet and ran away at the sight of MacKenzie?
They are an race from the New Frontier series of Books and that MacKenzie buttraped off his planet with swords.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

lord Martiya wrote:I was re-reading The Devil to Pay, and three questions popped out in my mind.
2)Why Picard mantain Halaran Turis (a card-carrying Idealogue Betazoid, as defined by the story) as his first officer? Did he shot the political officer or what?
3)Why the Thyrrenian was so unlucky to be attacked by Char Aznable? I suppose that I'll discover what Char was doing and who send him in the second part, but I'm a fan of Char... BTW, what MS they used?
4)Is Lalah still alive?
The first half of Operation British and everything before it is canonical, nothing after that happened, though the Zeon forces defending the colony to be dropped during Operation British were virtually annihilated by the ADN.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

Good. The political situation? I hope that Gihren received the painful death that he deserved...
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

lord Martiya wrote:Good. The political situation? I hope that Gihren received the painful death that he deserved...
He was executed, as was Degwin. Dozle is now the ruler; Garma was killed in action, and after Kycillia turned Gihren and Dozle over to the Alliance for trial to save Zeon, Dozle turned on her and had her arrested and imprisoned in revenge for giving his brother and father up to the alliance to be executed.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

lord Martiya wrote:Good. The political situation? I hope that Gihren received the painful death that he deserved...
He got a court martial, which ended with this line:

"Gihren Zabi, this tribunal finds you guilty on all counts and sentences you to death by hanging."
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

Now Char is appeased, and, I hope, married with Lalah. And Zeon-Federation relations? And Amuro?
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

I resuscitated the topic because a question about Miller just popped out in my mind: how that disgrace disguised as woman reacted to the Borg?
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Like any fanatic does to something that breaks their world view: she ignored them. Utterly. She probably spouted some lines about peaceful dialogues with the Borg and trying to communicate with them, and any evidence to the contrary of that (that is, the Borg idea of negotiation being surrender to them and willing assimilation) was proclaimed as Starfleet trickery.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

I hoped something better, but it was an hopeless hope...
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Found this while looking for fluff documents for a potential contributor. It's from our last attempt at an SD, shortly before I started writing Anatomy.

You saw the definite end of the Interuniversal War in "The Decision" with the Shiva attack on the Dominion. But by then, the Interuniversal War had already ended in CON-5.

And this is how it ended.

Bishop's Estate, City of New Plymouth
New Plymouth, Home Region, New Plymouth Colony
Universe Designate CON-5
27 October 2162 AST

The shielded bunker built twenty meters below the basement of the Estate of the Presiding Bishop was sparsely occupied. Sitting alone in the partial darkness, Hanson Leewood was still wearing his formal attire, signifying him as head of the Calvinist Church of New Plymouth Colony and thus the Head of State for it's great empire.
For the glory of the Church, the Church's faithful had waged war for the past twenty years. Thirteen years of war with Lisea had ended in stalemate due to the accursed extrauniversal Alliance entering the war in it's final year. The spineless Tom Mather had been Bishop at that time, and had signed a ceasefire instead of pressing the war. Instead he had sought the rich resources and industries of Devenshire for the Church, believing the hated Devenshireites would not be missed; again the Church's expansion was thwarted by the accursed Alliance and the damned monarchists on Britain, with their false Church. Mather's attempt at surrender had been thwarted, though; Leewood had been given the chance to bring the Church to it's destiny.
That destiny had not been what he had wanted, though. Leewood had dreamed of conquest in the name of God; crushing hated Lisea, driving the vain British back to their borders and the damned Alliance out of the universe, thus spreading the Church and it's glory until none could again threaten it. But that was not his destiny. The destiny was something far worse. So it was that Leewood was alone in his bunker, long cut off from his commanders, with the heathen invaders of the extrauniversal Alliance even now desecrating his home and the nearby Great Church. All across Plymouth the heathens, the infidels, the heretics, the apostates crawled, polluting the sacred soil of the Church's home. Soon they would come for him.
In those moments Leewood realized that he had been wrong. No, God had not brought the war about to let the Church conquer it's foes. The key was the extrauniversals, the Papist Hapsburgs, the alien Talorans. God was tearing everything apart, destroying his work for the corruption that Satan and Hell had brought upon it. Obviously that was why the extrauniversals were here. God's coming destruction had torn between the universes, enabling travel between them before the end.
This meant that the war was to bring to Heaven the Divine Elect, of which Leewood was so obviously a part. That had to be it.
His hand trembling with resolve, Leewood picked up a revolver and slipped two bullets into it. It was old, about a century old, and just as potent as it's first ancestors eight hundred years ago on Earth. He walked up to where his wife Ann was sleeping, looking down at her for a moment before putting the gun to her forehead and pulling the trigger. She would be with God too now. Soon they would all be with God. Already Virgil had been claimed, or so Leewood thought, in the defeat at New Salem. Their entire family would meet again in Heaven.
Swallowing, and awaiting God's glory, Leewood put the gun into his mouth and pulled the trigger.

About twenty minutes later, there was a loud explosion that blew away the tritanium blast doors that protected the bunker. ADN Army Sergeant Tevfik Hamid and his men walked through, weapons at the ready and their helmets' HUD artificially lightening the environment for them. They saw the gory sight before them of Hanson and Ann Leewood dead. Sergeant Tevfik sighed and lowered his head, thinking of everything that he and his troopers had been through these past nine or so months. "Allah's Will is done." A radio message was immediately dispatched by the Sergeant to their battalion HQ, and on up to the divisional commander and the rest of the Allies.
Presiding Bishop Hanson Leewood, the man who had killed over thirty billion human beings in war, was dead by his own hand.

Command Bunker
Plymouth Planetary Defense Command

In a better-lighted bunker about ten or so kilometers away from where Leewood took his life, seven men sat alone and watched as their computer continually updated the hopeless situation above them.
Though the invasion had only started three days before, Plymouth's planetary militia was in ruins. Millions of the planet's citizens were dead from the vicious fighting against the best troops the "Grand Alliance" had. There were about 400,000 enemy troops in Plymouth City alone now, divided almost evenly between the three principle powers of Plymouth's foes: the French Empire, the Alliance of Democratic Nations, and the British Star Empire.
The seven men represented the remaining leaders of what had once been one of the most powerful empires in known space. Speaker of the Synod Mark Hathaway, Synod Members Miles Danforth and Jacob Matthews, High Admiral Steven Pronai, Secretary of the Church Treasury Timothy Hatfield, Secretary of Doctrine Henry Michaels, and the youngest man amongst them and the newest member of the Divine Elect, recently-promoted Admiral Henry Martyn.
They had been discussing strategy for the most part, since Hathaway had once been a Colonel in the Army of the Church, but it was clear that Plymouth was defeated. Every moment they waited was another that men died in. It had to end, for the good of the people of Plymouth.
Finally, a young aide entered the room. He was sweaty, his uniform torn from battle, and blood poured from a wound in his side from where an Alliance assault rifle's grazing strike had torn away a small chunk of flesh. The seven watched this young Lieutenant, pain filling his face though he obviously tried to hide it. "Admirals, Sirs...." The young man's voice was raspy and short. "God forgive us, we cannot hold, Sirs. Alliance troops have set themselves up in the Naval Offices as cover from our heavy machine guns covering the north entrance. There are British and Dutch troops entering the building from the south and the east. Second Battalion reports they are under heavy fire from French armored troops approaching from the west, and we've heard that a column of Alliance infantry is moving up from where they have secured the Bishop's Estate and the Church."
"Very good, Lieutenant," Pronai remarked to the young man. "Go report to a medic immediately."
"Sir, my men need me back...."
"That is an order, Lieutenant."
At the stern command, the Lieutenant nodded and went to leave. Before he could, though, his finger went up to his ear. "Sir, my troops on the surface say the Alliance troops have come into range... Oh God!"
"What?"
"Sir, they say that the invaders have Bishop Leewood. The Bishop is dead... the invaders have thrown his body into the courtyard." The Lieutenant's jaw locked. "Sir..."
"Report to the medics, Lieutenant." Pronai waved him away and watched him go. "The Presiding Bishop is dead," he sighed. One didn't have to see the relief in his expression to know how long he'd waited to hear that. Leewood had only a month before released Pronai from military prison on charges releating to a possible coup after Leewood's revocation of the Dather Doctrine, so integral to the Colony's control of it's allies. It had been too little too late; Pronai's initial arrest had demoralized the Navy at a critical moment in the war, excaberating the widespread revolt of Plymouth's allies from attempts to enforce Church law on them and leading to the disasters at New Salem and Proctorsville that ruined Plymouth's last hope of maintaining an inner defense line and perhaps suing for peace on more equitable terms. "Gentlemen, the war is over. We must surrender the planet now or more good men will die."
The other six men nodded solemnly. Speaker Hathaway raised a hand. "In light of the death of our Bishop, we need to elect a new one. Though seven men is not a sufficient quorom of the Elect to do so, I believe that the circumstances will allow us to make this decision in good standing with the Lord. I nominate Henry Martyn as Presiding Bishop."
"And I second," Pronai said. They all looked to Martyn. "Admiral, Henry, you alone have stood as a hero in this bloody war. The people will accept your order to surrender more than they would one from us. For the good of Plymouth, you must do this."
Martyn stared off into space for a moment, but only a moment. He stood and nodded. Walking over to a comm unit, he switched it to the general combat frequencies of his men across the planet and, simultaneously, to a wide band that the enemy's forces should pick up. "Attention all combatants upon the sacred soil of New Plymouth. I am Henry Martyn of the Divine Elect and Presiding Bishop of the Church of New Plymouth, and as of this moment, twelve-oh-four on this day of the Twenty-Ninth of August in the Year of Our Lord Twenty-Eight Forty-One, I order all defenders of New Plymouth to surrender to the forces of our enemies. We have fought the good fight in the name of the Lord, but for His own purposes He has seen fit to have us lose this battle and the war. We must now save our strength for the coming years, to rebuild and discover God's true purpose for the Church. That is all."
There was no telling if every unit would get the order, or would obey it, but the unit defending the command post would. Within two minutes of Martyn's announcement, the sounds of battle from outside were gone. Martyn and the six men left the bunker, going up the stairs to the ground level of the command center where they were greeted by members of the planetary militia, some wounded and all looking haggard and tired. It was hard looking into those cold eyes, knowing that these men had fought so hard simply to surrender to the foe. Martyn was approached by a Captain in the militia. "Bishop, Sir, the enemies outside have stopped firing. Who... who do you want us to surrender to?"
After a moment, Martyn took off toward the south side of the building. The others followed, and soon they stepped out into the carnage of the city. Buildings all around were reduced to rubble, and overheard planetary landing transports were zooming around, delivering supplies and troops to the enemy's forces and conveying the wounded back to hospital ships in space. There were bodies around him, bodies of loyal men of Plymouth who had been rushed into battle barely armed and with insufficient armor. They had died bravely, but they were still dead, leaving widows and orphans that would for years remember this day with sorrow and pain. An Alliance medical shuttle zoomed low overheard and toward the Naval Offices as a man in British combat uniform, his skin somewhat pale from a majority of time spent on starships lately, walked forward. Martyn stood tall and erect, conscious of his new status, as the British officer respectively saluted. Martyn returned it with the traditional salute of Plymouth's Navy. "Might I have your name sir?"
"Major Theodore Barrington-Smythe," the man answered in a definitive English accent. "1st Battalion of the 15th New Hertfordshire Light Infantry. You are Henry Martyn, the new Presiding Bishop, I presume?"
"I am." Martyn looked back to his peers and introduced them. "We are surrendering to you as of this moment, Major Barrington-Smythe."
"Then I accept your surrender on behalf of His Majesty King Edward and His allies."
It would be another three days before every single combatant on Plymouth laid down his weapon, but the fighting in general had finally ended after two and a half long years.

DNS Enterprise, in orbit over New Plymouth
New Plymouth, Home Region, New Plymouth Colony
Universe Designate CON-5
3 November 2162 AST

In the week following Martyn's order to surrender, Plymouth's battered armed forces ended the titanic struggle that they had been waging. Two days later, a final stand by a Plymouthite battleship squadron and attached forces under Brevet Commodore Michael Sampson had been crushed on Plymouth's Rimward frontier at the system of Wickersham by a combined fleet of Alliance, Hispanic, and British ships; Alliance naval units covering the invasion of New Plymouth had trapped and reduced the once-feared Grand Fleet of the Church in it's main base at Calvin's World near New Plymouth, finally prompting it's surrender in the 1st of the month AST. Though there were a few Plymouthite worlds that hadn't yet been occupied, the surrender order was widely broadcast and no actions had been reported since the first day of the month.
Now the time had come for the official surrender ceremony. Due to the need for the battle line to cover the Grand Fleet's surrender, an Alliance carrier had been chosen: DNS Enterprise, the Flagship of the Stellar Navy. Present on it's massive launch deck were dignitaries of mostly military stature from every member nation of what had become known as the Grand Alliance. Speaker Hathaway and High Admiral Pronai were Martyn's company and to be his fellow signatories to the surrender.
An officer of the senior Alliance commander's staff spoke in accented English, bidding them to come forward and sign the surrenders. Martyn and the others looked over the documents. The legal wording was heavy, but the meaning was simple: Plymouth was for the time being handing over her sovereignty, to be restored at a time that the victorious allies felt was proper... if at all.
After the surrender was signed by Plymouth's representatives, those representing the Allies signed. This step took a short while, as a number of nation-states had ended up issuing formal declarations of war on the Colony, including some of her own tributary allies in response to Leewood's attempts to force Calvinist law on them. When it was finished, Fleet Admiral James Nakamura - who had held the post of Supreme Allied Commander Spinward Front for virtually the entirety of the war - took up a position to speak, having been selected to give the first response to the surrender. Nakamura, far from the glories of the victories over the Dominion, had fought Plymouth from Scathford to the Amerindian Confederacy to Lisea and the Alliance's own front against Plymouth, numerically inferior on each front yet, on all, frustrating the advance of Plymouth until the Alliance's growing military, and the entry of the French Empire and other states into the war, could change the tide. A descendant of Nisei who had served the United States (Universe Designate SE-1) in World War II, Nakamura had only the slightest hint of a Caucasian great-grandparent to contrast his Japanese ancestry. Yet his accent was clearly American as he spoke.
"Today the guns are silent. The great tragedy has finally ended. It has been our duty to the governments and peoples we represent today to see the war to a successful end, and with the aid of Providence and the valor of our fighting men and women, we have fulfilled that duty. That duty, however, pales to the one that we all share now as nations. We have won the war and now we must win the peace. In the months to come, the diplomats will build upon our work here, and it is my hope and prayer that they will build a stable and strong foundation for peace, a just peace that will punish those who have done wrong but spare the innocent from retribution. A just peace, which will enable us all to prosper and honor the sacrifices of our fallen comrades. And I pray to God that the aid Providence granted us in war will sustain us in peace. That is all." Nakamura saluted to them all once more and returned to his seat, the assembled dignitaries awaiting other speakers.

Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

I'd been wondering about that war; my thanks for explaining it.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon