Neon Dethklok Evangelion

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Neon Dethklok Evangelion

Post by Darth Fanboy »

This story will not commence due to time contraints brought upon by the author's heading for boot camp in less than three weeks.
Last edited by Darth Fanboy on 2008-02-12 11:32pm, edited 3 times in total.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

"No jailbait". Yeah, that sounds like a teenaged Misato at a Dethklok concert.

Have Shinji complain about the weaponry for the Evas. He needs something ridiculously overcomplicated and gory, not piddly little knives and peashooters. Flamethrowers, lasers, a huge board with a nail in it capable of ending life on Earth, that sort of thing.
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

I haven't seen 'Metalocalypse' yet, but from what I've read about the series, it seems like something I'd find entertaining. Hopefully, we'll see a Metal Shinji as a Dethklok groupie instead of the usual Spineless Third Children.
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Shinji has to have a spine or he's a dead man

Incidentally, does anyone else know if some of the sound effects in clip #6 sound like ones from Eva?
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Some of the roars and screeches, but I wouldn't have thought of it without you pointing it out.

I think i'm going to run with this one for a little bit.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

If you intend to kill off Dethklok in the Second Impact, you might as well have the Children be reincarnations of the band members.

Oh, and Unit 01 needs an electric guitar with an integral automatic rifle and grenade launcher, and a progressive razor to cut incoming bullets/missiles/energy blasts in half. (See: how badass Haruhara Haruko is in FLCL.)
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Unfortunately, I don't have the slightest clue about this Anime...but it sounds uh....a little weird. :?:
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Deathclok or Fooly-Cooly? Because neither one makes much sense to me. I had to see all six episodes of FLCL and go online to read translations of the original booklet that came with the series DVD before I realized it was a comming of age story. To be honest, I liked it a hell of a lot more than I ever liked Evangelion.

Metalpocalypse is one of Adult Swim's original productions, so it's not funny unless you are sleep deprived and/or stoned.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I should kill you for this.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

For the record, Metalocalypse is not Anime, and I find it freaking hilarious.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I find it junevile and pandering to the lowest common denominator.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

LadyTevar wrote:I find it junevile and pandering to the lowest common denominator.
Which is sadly typical of things on Adult Swim. They seem to have set the bar of entry as low as possible.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Not unlike the shows on Tv you object to so much, you could always y'know, Not read the fic eh? I forgot all entertainment in the entire world had to be highbrow.

I'm sorry if it doesn't cater to everyone's tastes...well actually I don't give a flying fuck..but unless you have criticism about the actual fic itself or my writing style, then don't clutter this thread with your Adult Swim objections.