Football, Football, Football, Football and Football...

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Whats your code?

Football/Soccer
38%
American Football
45%
Canadian Football
3%
Gaelic Football
3%
Australian Rules Football
3%
Rugby League
No votes
Rugby Union
3%
International Rules Football
No votes
Other - specify in post
8%

Total votes: 40

RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Wow. All these European fight songs make "Fly Eagles Fly" sound a little juvenile. Ah well. It won't stop me from posting the entire thing in 24 point green type on Sunday night if they win.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
paladin
Jedi Master

Post by paladin »

football to me is American rules football.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Motherfucker. Moth-er-FUCK-er. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

RedImperator wrote:Motherfucker. Moth-er-FUCK-er. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I love how they missed the personal foul two plays back and the pass interference the series before. Officials must be from Tampa or New York.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

BUCS WIN!

:shock: :shock: :D :D
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

phongn wrote:BUCS WIN!

:shock: :shock: :D :D
This calls for a celebration.

*Goes to bed*
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

The Dark wrote:
I love how they missed the personal foul two plays back and the pass interference the series before. Officials must be from Tampa or New York.
It never should have been up to the zebras. There were at least two occasions we had a reciever wide open for a touchdown, and McNabb just didn't see him. Nevermind the goddamn fumble right at the end of the second.

I refuse to blame the referees. The Eagles flat-out stunk. They played like they won this game last week, and got exactly what the fucking deserved.
X-Ray Blues
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

RedImperator wrote:
The Dark wrote:
It never should have been up to the zebras. There were at least two occasions we had a reciever wide open for a touchdown, and McNabb just didn't see him. Nevermind the goddamn fumble right at the end of the second.

I refuse to blame the referees. The Eagles flat-out stunk. They played like they won this game last week, and got exactly what the fucking deserved.
Didn't see first half, but I agree they played like it was Atlanta again. Defense needed to put more pressure on the QB.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Captain Kruger
Padawan Learner
Location: REALITY: Las Vegas FANTASY: riding the Beast, guarding the Bucket's ass

Post by Captain Kruger »

Ro Jo-Mu wrote:Having said all that i still like american football (have been a raiders fan since before they moved from L.A. to Oakland)
Excellent! A Brit with very good taste!!!
Take life by the balls!

The Universal Constants: death, taxes, and Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones sucking ass.