What's wrong with this picture?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Darth Wong wrote:What's wrong with this picture? The fact that you didn't include a pretentious magazine like "Stereophile" in the background to go along with the turntable :P
Update: New and improved, now with pretentious Stereophile magazine and a blatant Grado Labs product placement. :)

aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Aerius, out of curiosity, did they decide whether doppler distortion matters? Or vice versa.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

On a good news bad news note, my silly fiancé wants to buy an Anna Log turntable one day. The good news is it's a lot prettier than what we currently have, the bad news is that it's worth more than our car.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Ford Prefect wrote:Aerius, out of curiosity, did they decide whether doppler distortion matters? Or vice versa.
Conclusion is that it does matter, but I found their test method rather questionable. They simulated doppler distortion by running the signal through an algorithm and then playing it through a speaker instead of using the speaker itself.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

J wrote:On a good news bad news note, my silly fiancé wants to buy an Anna Log turntable one day. The good news is it's a lot prettier than what we currently have, the bad news is that it's worth more than our car.
That is a fine turntable. Fine. But more than your car? Aerius, you dork.
Conclusion is that it does matter, but I found their test method rather questionable. They simulated doppler distortion by running the signal through an algorithm and then playing it through a speaker instead of using the speaker itself.
How very ... pretentious a way to go around things. Entirely appropriate for such a magazine.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.