Loomer is drawing. Again. God help us all.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

loomer
Sith Marauder

Loomer is drawing. Again. God help us all.

Post by loomer »

Welp, critique would be appreciated. It's still a WIP, maybe 60% done, and is being done in Photoshop CS2 from a sketch, and my first real attempt at 'glow effects'.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Creepy. Nice texture on the legs.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

Awesome design and colour scheme. To give it a more defined depth, you might want to put some shading / shadowing at certain parts of the body, like the underbelly and the top half of the far leg visible under the body.
Darth Tanner
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tanner »

I'm not quite sure about the colourful tail but good none the less.

What sort of size are you working this creature to be?
Get busy living or get busy dying... unless there’s cake.
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

Around ten feet long. As for the tail- The creature hails from a very dark, foggy world. That glowing tail is there as a lure for prey, and to communicate with others of its kind.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I think it's pretty cool. If that was the monster in Cloverfield, it would've had much more cool-points. I leik it.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

It looks suitably creepy, if a bit Tyrannid-y
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
RIPP_n_WIPE
Jedi Knight

Post by RIPP_n_WIPE »

loomer wrote:Around ten feet long. As for the tail- The creature hails from a very dark, foggy world. That glowing tail is there as a lure for prey, and to communicate with others of its kind.
*Cue nature narrator*

This particular extra-terrestrial is roughly ten meters long. Residing on a world with a high humidity, fog forces this arboreal xeno-form to use photoluminescence and pheromones to communicate with members of it's species. The photo-cells on its tail aren't just used for communication however. Much like the earth angler fish, this extra-terrestrial uses it's tail much like a lure. When prey are attracted, it strikes out with its powerful tail, using it's mouth tentacles to get a better grip on the prey and impaling it with it's razor sharp tounge.

I am the hammer, I am the right hand of my Lord. The instrument of His will and the gauntlet about His fist. The tip of His spear, the edge of His sword. I am His wrath just as he is my shield. I am the bane of His foes and the woe of the treacherous. I am the end.

-Ravus Ordo Militis

"Fear and ignorance claim the unwary and the incomplete. The wise man may flinch away from their embrace if he girds his soul with the armour of contempt."
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

Sidewinder wrote:It looks suitably creepy, if a bit Tyrannid-y
Not enough claws for a 'nid though. Or talons, or large teeth. But still awesome.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Other than the background color I dig it. Do you have a front shot of it going? I'd like to see how imposing it looks.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

Not yet, no. The background colour is more of a placeholder, too.

And also, RippnWipe? I think I love you (Though it doesn't actually possess a razor sharp tail, just venom ducts within the tentacles tips.)