Lucasfilm announces Clone Wars theatrical release

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Mange
Sith Marauder

Lucasfilm announces Clone Wars theatrical release

Post by Mange »

Lucasfilm has announced that Star Wars: The Clone Wars will be released in North American theaters on August 15 and that it will be followed by the television series on Cartoon Network: SW.com

A new documentary can be found here.

EDIT: The videoplayer over at SW.com is hopeless, but the glimpses of the show looked great. I particularly liked when Dave Filoni said that the series "must convey the epic scale to understand that there's a galaxy involved in this conflict". Hmm, I thought the Clone Wars was a "small scale brushfire war"... :lol:

EDIT 2: Filoni also said that we'll be seeing "a lot of clones".
Joviwan
Jedi Knight

Post by Joviwan »

SW.com wrote:with brand-new heroes like Anakin's padawan learner, Ahsoka.
What?
Drooling Iguana: No, John. You are the liberals.
Phantasee: So extortion is cooler and it promotes job creation!
Ford Prefect: Maybe there can be a twist ending where Vlad shows up for the one on one duel, only to discover that Sun Tzu ignored it and burnt all his crops.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Joviwan wrote:
SW.com wrote:with brand-new heroes like Anakin's padawan learner, Ahsoka.
What?
Twilek, new character for the series.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

DEATH wrote:Twilek, new character for the series.
No no no:
Anakin's padawan learner
What?!

Also, the way they showed it, the back of her head looked like an ass with a tail. She does have the characteristic Twi'lek lack of clothes, though...
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

Dooey Jo wrote:
DEATH wrote:Twilek, new character for the series.
No no no:
Anakin's padawan learner
What?!
That's nothing new, it's been around for awhile. My guess is that her former master was killed and so they assigned her to Anakin (he was made a knight during the CW).
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

along with brand-new heroes like Anakin's padawan learner, Ahsoka.
Which jackass at Lucasfilm came up with the bright idea that giving the fangirls a Mary Sue to live out their "fuck-- I mean, fight by Anakin Skywalker's side" fantasies will make the new series more successful? (I imagine FanFiction.Net will soon be filled with hundreds of Anakin/Ahsoka slash fics.)
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

If this be her than it's a Togruta, not a Twi'lek. Nevertheless, the appearance of an unmentioned apprentice after everything that's been documented between the novels and the comics, I'm going to echo: WHAT?

Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

Old Plympto wrote:If this be her than it's a Togruta, not a Twi'lek.

Yes, that's correct, she's a Togruta and not a Twi'lek
Old Plympto wrote:Nevertheless, the appearance of an unmentioned apprentice after everything that's been documented between the novels and the comics, I'm going to echo: WHAT?
[
Well, I remember something about George Lucas telling the writers of this show to forget everything they thought they knew about the Jedi... I'll have to look that up.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Old Plympto wrote:If this be her than it's a Togruta, not a Twi'lek. Nevertheless, the appearance of an unmentioned apprentice after everything that's been documented between the novels and the comics, I'm going to echo: WHAT?
It's all part of the jump the shark movement that gave us crap like Dark Nest. The next stage will be an emotional angst moment where Anakin wrestles with cheating on his wife, Padme, with this apperantice...

Despite the fact that between AOTC and ROTS, Anakin was busy fighting with his master, Obi wan.

Thank you Lucasfilm, I was a proud fanboy.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

Why are you guys blaming Lucasfilm? It was Lucas himself who spilt the beans on Ahsoka last year.
Anguirus
Sith Marauder

Post by Anguirus »

Nevertheless, the appearance of an unmentioned apprentice after everything that's been documented between the novels and the comics
Eh, if I were Lucas I'd be saying "fuck the EU, do it if you think it's an interesting story" too.

Hell, he was a full Knight who was considered for the Jedi Council. She probably just gets killed saving some child or something so they don't have to retcon Anakin as offing his own cute apprentice during the Purge.

(Or she escaped and Dark Horse gets to kill her off in some comic or something.)
"I spit on metaphysics, sir."

"I pity the woman you marry." -Liberty

This is the guy they want to use to win over "young people?" Are they completely daft? I'd rather vote for a pile of shit than a Jesus freak social regressive.
Here's hoping that his political career goes down in flames and, hopefully, a hilarious gay sex scandal.
-Tanasinn
You can't expect sodomy to ruin every conservative politician in this country. -Battlehymn Republic
My blog, please check out and comment! http://decepticylon.blogspot.com
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Well, at least the animation looks decent.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

This makes sense to me. Anakin passed his trials and was a full fledged Knight. Why wouldn't he have an apprentice? And as far as I'm concerned, the more GL fucks up the EU the better. :twisted:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

havokeff wrote:This makes sense to me. Anakin passed his trials and was a full fledged Knight. Why wouldn't he have an apprentice? And as far as I'm concerned, the more GL fucks up the EU the better. :twisted:
Yes, and especially some of the travissties...
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Anguirus wrote:
Nevertheless, the appearance of an unmentioned apprentice after everything that's been documented between the novels and the comics
Eh, if I were Lucas I'd be saying "fuck the EU, do it if you think it's an interesting story" too.

Hell, he was a full Knight who was considered for the Jedi Council. She probably just gets killed saving some child or something so they don't have to retcon Anakin as offing his own cute apprentice during the Purge.

(Or she escaped and Dark Horse gets to kill her off in some comic or something.)
Or they kill her off and then some EU hack brings her back.

But I'll bet Asaaj kills the bitch and that's why Annakin offs her.
Last edited by Flagg on 2008-02-12 03:49pm, edited 1 time in total.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Sidewinder wrote:(I imagine FanFiction.Net will soon be filled with hundreds of Anakin/Ahsoka slash fics.)
Since Anaking and Ashoka are of opposite sex, it wouldn't be slash by definition.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Why is that every other character in a prequels story is an ugly alien ? What's wrong with Jedi that look like Quigon or Bastila instead of multi tentacled and horned freaks ?
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
TC Pilot
Jedi Council Member

Post by TC Pilot »

Because it's a galaxy with countless inhabited worlds, most of which aren't human?
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."

"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Sarevok wrote:Why is that every other character in a prequels story is an ugly alien ? What's wrong with Jedi that look like Quigon or Bastila instead of multi tentacled and horned freaks ?
Because there are a shitload of aliens in Star Wars? Most of the Jedi appear to be aliens?
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Re: Lucasfilm announces Clone Wars theatrical release

Post by Darth Servo »

Mange wrote:EDIT 2: Filoni also said that we'll be seeing "a lot of clones".
Just please someone make sure he understands that "a lot" in this sense means at least a half-dozen orders of magnitude above KT's idiotic numbers.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Appearance-wise, I can't actually get how Ashoka's "ugly". She's got Togruta features like the horns, but that's it.

And, lol@n00bs out of the loop about her. I was wondering when it would be brought up on the board. :lol:

I like the shot of the Republic fleet in the trailer, there's several Acclamators with Republic markings, Venators and some Consular-class space cruisers as well.
Fire Fly
Jedi Council Member

Post by Fire Fly »

I look forward to seeing the 3 million clone number crushed.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

At most there'll just be shitloads of clones on screen.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I'm betting that apprentice gets killed.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

You know, when you see shit like GL saying "Forget what you know about the Jedi" and putting his seal of approval on Anakin having a padawan it makes me smile ruefully because for years many of us not happy with the EU have fallen back on saying things like "If GL really knew what was going on he wouldn't approve this shit." or "GL would never write something like this."

Well, obviously, we were wrong. Perhaps the state of the EU is precisely what we get with GL in charge. He is not some white knight riding in to save the stories we have grown to love and enjoy.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2