Hey guys - Have you heard of Margaret Cho?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Justforfun000
Sith Devotee

Hey guys - Have you heard of Margaret Cho?

Post by Justforfun000 »

She's an Asian American comic that used to be on a short lived sitcom called "all American Girl".

After this ended along with a few major personal crisis's along the way, she came back in a BIG way as a non-nonsense trash talking stand up comic. It chronicles her life throughout the biz, and she's as profane and witty as some of our best here. Check it out. You'll be impressed.

She is absolutely brilliant, and her masterpiece that started it out is called "I'm the one that I want"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251739/

It is true comedy gold. Any Asian people watching will find it even funnier then the average. If you haven't come across it, give it a try. You'll have a gut-busting night of humor in store.

She has follow ups and some are good, but a little hit and miss compared to her first one. It's practically perfect.

Has anyone here seen it? Would love to hear your comments.
You have to realize that most Christian "moral values" behaviour is not really about "protecting" anyone; it's about their desire to send a continual stream of messages of condemnation towards people whose existence offends them. - Darth Wong alias Mike Wong

"There is nothing wrong with being ignorant. However, there is something very wrong with not choosing to exchange ignorance for knowledge when the opportunity presents itself."
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

So... you're coming out of the closet, then, is that it..?

( :wink: :P )
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Covenant
Sith Marauder

Post by Covenant »

Coyote wrote:So... you're coming out of the closet, then, is that it..?

( :wink: :P )
Isn't justforfun one of our members who isn't in the closet? :P
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I keep losing track! :D
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Mang, he's outside the closet's causal frame of reference.
Spin Echo
Jedi Master

Post by Spin Echo »

Covenant wrote:Isn't justforfun one of our members who isn't in the closet?
Coyote wrote:I keep losing track! :D
I have that problem too. I'm pretty sure it's Rye's fault.
Doom dOom doOM DOom doomity DooM doom Dooooom Doom DOOM!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Break out the torches and Frankenstein rakes, we shall march on Rye's house!

Some may opt for rubber cheetah suits, baby oil, and tequila... that's fine, too.

salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

I only know the name from a Skanking Pickle song which is called, well, Margaret Cho.
Justforfun000
Sith Devotee

Post by Justforfun000 »

LOL. Yeah I've been out of the closet for a loooooong time now. Was very boring in there. :P
You have to realize that most Christian "moral values" behaviour is not really about "protecting" anyone; it's about their desire to send a continual stream of messages of condemnation towards people whose existence offends them. - Darth Wong alias Mike Wong

"There is nothing wrong with being ignorant. However, there is something very wrong with not choosing to exchange ignorance for knowledge when the opportunity presents itself."