So I got back to my drawings... (NSFW??? Just to be safe)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

So I got back to my drawings... (NSFW??? Just to be safe)

Post by Darth Ruinus »

... And thought I'd share.

^ I drew Felix and an Ant from Armor by John Steakley for a 15 page essay last year, if I find the comic I drew along with it, Ill post it.

^ Thought I'd put the Drifter back in here (may change name)

If I find more, of when I draw a bit more, Ill post.

Anyone got any criticisms or such? I'll be happy to hear them.

EDIT: Dammit! What is wrong with me today? I believe this belongs in Art Gallery, could someone please move it?
Last edited by Darth Ruinus on 2008-09-24 01:13pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I don't believe in man made global warming because God promised to never again destroy the earth with water. He sent the rainbow as a sign."
- Sean Hannity Forums user Avi

"And BTW the concept of carbon based life is only a hypothesis based on the abiogensis theory, and there is no clear evidence for it."
-Mazen707 informing me about the facts on carbon-based life.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

You never did manage to get the hang of reading announcements, did you?
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Beowulf wrote:You never did manage to get the hang of reading announcements, did you?
Hey! That was only... uh, mmmh.

I guess it has been a few times now, hasnt it? Shit.
"I don't believe in man made global warming because God promised to never again destroy the earth with water. He sent the rainbow as a sign."

"And BTW the concept of carbon based life is only a hypothesis based on the abiogensis theory, and there is no clear evidence for it."
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Pretty good stuff. You have a cool style. Who or what influenced it?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

havokeff wrote:Pretty good stuff. You have a cool style. Who or what influenced it?
Well, I guess I pretty much try to change it, depending on what I am drawing.

But... my dad. My dad is just a bad ass drawer.

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Darth Ruinus wrote:
havokeff wrote:Pretty good stuff. You have a cool style. Who or what influenced it?

Post some of his stuff.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

havokeff wrote:
Darth Ruinus wrote:

Post some of his stuff.
If I can find it. He usually just doodles on napkins, drawing charicatures of me, my brother, or my mom. (always hilarious)

Ill try, but like I said, napkins. (Maybe he has some stuff around I can find.)

Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Well...

^ I drew that during 1st period today. Its just a rough doodle.

havokeff, Ill try to get some of my dads drawings up here. I think I know where I last saw one.

Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Another squid person. With knives!

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Damn, there is something holy about your shading.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Thanks.

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Ford Prefect wrote:Damn, there is something holy about your shading.
I concur. Very nice. I like your bigs knives as well. :wink:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I like that squid-shaped thing.

Si, capitan.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

^ This is just a sketch of the horses from the Ganglands world.

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

It's exactly like riding a horse shaped like Cthulhu.
What is Project Zohar?

Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

I dont know what that is, but I drew it and I like it.

Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

A really really old pic I drew sometime in middle school.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Very nice! We need MOAR tentacles!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

This is amazing, Havokeff/Kanastrous level stuff :P .
I love the 1st (Metroid style), 2d and 4th (hooded figure) pics especially, but they're all really amazing.
Why are they all brown, didn't you draw these with a pencil?
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

:?

They look brown? They are all in pencil, except the latest one, which had pen and marker in it.

Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

Darth Ruinus wrote::?

They look brown? They are all in pencil, except the latest one, which had pen and marker in it.
Awesome stuff Ruinus!
Do you use the same weight pencils? the line quality is similiar in a lot of these, I feel like getting some 4b's for shading might rock your world, also the paper makes a big difference, if you want the really subtle shading and have really good control the smoother papers leave a good contrast and a clean white surface, but if you want big and bold, nothing beats a textured page.
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

Themightytom wrote:Awesome stuff Ruinus!
Thanks.
Do you use the same weight pencils? the line quality is similiar in a lot of these, I feel like getting some 4b's for shading might rock your world, also the paper makes a big difference, if you want the really subtle shading and have really good control the smoother papers leave a good contrast and a clean white surface, but if you want big and bold, nothing beats a textured page.
Dude, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. :D
Tell me more.

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Smooth, Ruin. You've got a great visual flair here. I always get excited when havokeff posts here, because that kid can draw, but I'll be looking out for your new stuff too. :)
What is Project Zohar?

Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

Dude, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Tell me more.
you'd be surprised the difference paper makes first of, if you look at different sketchpads in an art store you can see different types of paper for different effect. I tend to sketch with a lot of shades and darks, because I'm putting that much graphite onto a piece of paper, i actually use paper meant for pastels beause it holds my work better, whereas the smooth whiter paper tends to rub off and smudge. playing around with paper types until you find your style can make a big difference in how your work comes out.

And of course if you get a set of art pencils they come in different weights. There is a whole scale of pencil hardness and softness and the hardness opr softness of the pencil defines what you can do with a line. most schools use the no.2 because its middle of the range, but basically, H's get harder and harder, and produce a fine light line, whereas the higher you get on the "B scale, the softer heavier and blacker your line gets.

If you get a range of pencils you can experiment with the diferent line weights, Dark and heavy is good for energetic action pitures, whereas the finer, lighter lines that come from a pencil on the "H" scale are better for meticulous detail and drafting. you look like you are more of a B type person but if yous tart varying your line weight you'll be amazed at the effects you can generate. a friend of mine sketched a bunch of paper clips once and he got the line weight and shading down so perfectly it was a tromp de l'oeils, the kind of picture that fools the eye and you think the object is really there.
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

I just use normal pencils and paper, I will look into these pencils. Do they cost alot?

Thank you for telling me.