Star Wars tech paintings

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

VT-16
Sith Marauder

Star Wars tech paintings

Post by VT-16 »

Found these in a gallery on DeviantArt.

One is of the Republic Consular-class space cruiser.

The other appears to be based on a walker concept described on the Technical Commentaries.

Beautiful stuff! :)
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

That second one just replaced Black Mesa as my desktop background. Too awesome for words. :shock:
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

goddam :shock:
What the fuck are those walker things? Just concepts? That would look sweet in the movies.
"I don't believe in man made global warming because God promised to never again destroy the earth with water. He sent the rainbow as a sign."
- Sean Hannity Forums user Avi

"And BTW the concept of carbon based life is only a hypothesis based on the abiogensis theory, and there is no clear evidence for it."
-Mazen707 informing me about the facts on carbon-based life.
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

I asked and he said it was based on ESB concept art of those huge walkers that you only see one leg of and another dozens of meters away. :P

Adding to this, I actually read in the Ultimate Visual Guide (under the Republic battle tanks section) that the Republic fielded walking ships in the Clone Wars, though I suspect that might have been a writing error and they meant walkers. Though the image of Acclamators walking around the country-side spreading death is intriguing.
wjs7744
Padawan Learner

Post by wjs7744 »

Frankly amazing, although that cruiser looks a little out of scale. The walker looks like a cross between the AT-AT and the AT-TE.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

Is it just me, or does it look like there's an SPHA-T cannon on the "forehead"?
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow