V:tM - New Orleans by Night

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

"Colin, you can go if you want to. But wouldn't you rather have some one on your side? Because it will get lonely especially with the entire city, and maybe all the Camarilla, against you. We are offering you the chance for revenge. We would have watched your back but fine, go. I'm sure you'll be able to avoid all the Camarilla and the Giovanni just fine. You could have been part of this but you run instead. We won't stop you."

Alec looked at him disappointedly. He was going to go and in all likelyhood get himself caught, killed and probably betray us all along the way.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Colin sighed and turned, opening the door some, and finding resistance. He think to himself "What the hell?" and his military instincts immediatly kick in, he boosts his strength and shoves hard on the door sending it flying open, and at the same time sending the person who was listening behind it flying back a few feet. Colin immediately pulls his shotgun and points it at the intruder.

"Alright, who are you?!"
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

"Isn't there anyone guarding the shop?" Anton asked, backing a few steps away from the door. "It looks like we already have spies in our midst!"
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

The bug was working perfectly, placed just inside the door during his grandiose entrance to the room it had been transmitting every word spoken to Oswalds lair. He might have been from the Renaissance, but he never let the technology get away from him. Machiavelli himself had once told Oswald that knowledge was power, and the only power greater was the knowledge that none knew you had. Deception had been prevalent in Florence back then, and he had learnt from the best, the Kindred.

"Mithras, a ventrue fourth gen..." With the headset still on he begins to rummage through his files on the laptop before him. Deep in the university archives surrounded by tens of thousands of his books he begins the search. "Mithras, Ventrue. Hmmm..."

He scurries of to the mythology section of his library, seeking info on the ancient middle eastern god Mithras.

Listening carefully he awaits any further hints that the vampires in the meeting may drop.
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

((Question. If you don't cast a reflection, can your image be picked up by cameras and your voice by listening devices?))
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Mark S wrote:((Question. If you don't cast a reflection, can your image be picked up by cameras and your voice by listening devices?))
(You can't be picked up by a camera, unless it's a digital camera, the voice thing you can still be picked up, why wouldn't you?)
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

((cameras, no. Listening devices... you dont' cast a reflection, you aren't mute. Think about it.))
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Kelly Antilles wrote:((cameras, no. Listening devices... you dont' cast a reflection, you aren't mute. Think about it.))
(Kelly hate to point this out but vamps (except Lambrosa) do cast a reflection and would there for appear on a camera)
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Stormbringer wrote:
Kelly Antilles wrote:((cameras, no. Listening devices... you dont' cast a reflection, you aren't mute. Think about it.))
(Kelly hate to point this out but vamps (except Lambrosa) do cast a reflection and would there for appear on a camera)
((And I hate to point out that they are the Lasombra :) ))
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Stormbringer wrote:
(He's a Caitiff, his sire could have been anybody, and as such it was apparently a Lasombra. Which means he has the defect.)
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

((Just making sure the cause of the no reflection effect wasn't something that extended to everything artificial.))
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Captain_Cyran wrote:Colin sighed and turned, opening the door some, and finding resistance. He think to himself "What the hell?" and his military instincts immediatly kick in, he boosts his strength and shoves hard on the door sending it flying open, and at the same time sending the person who was listening behind it flying back a few feet. Colin immediately pulls his shotgun and points it at the intruder.

"Alright, who are you?!"
Oh shit thought Armand as the door ploughed into his skull. he fell flat on his back and was lucky not to go all the way down the stairs. He shook his head clear and opened his eyes, finding himself staring down the barrel of a shotgun. Oooohhhh shit ....

"Alright, who are you?!" asked the face past the shotgun. "I am Armand Crow, a Caitiff." Armand proclaimed. He moved his hands slowly into the open. "best not to try anything" he thought. He didn't know exactly what effect a shotgun blast to the head would have to a vampire, whether or not it would be fatal, and he didn't want to find out.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

"Alright, who are you?!" asked the face past the shotgun. "I am Armand Crow, a Caitiff." Armand proclaimed. He moved his hands slowly into the open. "best not to try anything" he thought. He didn't know exactly what effect a shotgun blast to the head would have to a vampire, whether or not it would be fatal, and he didn't want to find out.

Colin's shotgun did not waver even for a second. 'At least he's a vampire' he thought to himself. "Alright, get up, and get inside, now. I see one movement I don't like and your going to know what having a slug in your head feels like." Colin stepped back some to give this Armand character room to get inside the small room with everyone else. 'Looks like I won't be leaving now' thought Colin with a bit of a sigh.
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Michael turned his head toward the door. He saw Colin enter behind another man, Armand. He was herding Armand in with his shotgun.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Dachlan looked at the newcomer.
"Is this some kind of public party here?"
"Another Caitiff. Great. I knew I should've stayed in London," he muttered to himself.
"What do you want, exactly, here, boy?" he asked Armand.
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Larz
Rabid Monkey

Post by Larz »

(( I have returned from my well earned vacation... and looks like a couple of moments to late by the progress of the story... :shock: ))

Mal quietly stood at the entrance of the Horus, his eyes tracked the man with the shotgun, a look of curious awe crossing his face. This eve the madman actually looked rather human, if not outdated. He wore a black London Opera coat that barely cleared the ground behind him. A dark blue, pinched hip coat with tail lay underneath the coat, covering up a frilly poets shirt. His baggy, white pants spread out till the point where they tucked into knee high, black boots. It was apparant that he had bathed from the night before, the ghostly pearl coloring of his skin now emphasized his wise features. The once wild, platinum blonde hair had been washed clean and tied back with a piece of black silk. Suffice to say the man didn't show any sign of ever being the ranting Malkavian that he was before.

"Am I interupting something..." he smiled darkly as he watched Colin and Armand, The beast doth rear its ugly head, they know, and paraniod kindred make for glassy tempers...
"Once again we wanted our heroes to be simple, grizzled everymen with nothing to lose; one foot in the grave, the other wrapped in an American flag and lodged firmly in a terrorist's asshole."

Brotherhood of the Monkey: Nonchalant Disgruntled Monkey
Justice League
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Dahak wrote: "Another Caitiff. Great. I knew I should've stayed in London," he muttered to himself.
"What do you want, exactly, here, boy?" he asked Armand.
Armand kept his hands raised as he turned to the speaker, "When i saw that people were meeting here and not at The Eye, I assumed that trouble was brewing." he said,"When your a Caitiff you learn quicly that any trouble will inevitably mean trouble for you. I thought it best that I try to find out what was going on before I decided whether or not to leave the city, especially a city I have just come to." He chanced a quick glance around. He saw about 8 people and 2 of them appeared to be human, but he couldn't be sure. " A coup can be bad news for lots of people, but from what i've heard Caitiff always seem to come off worse."
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

2000AD wrote:Armand kept his hands raised as he turned to the speaker, "When i saw that people were meeting here and not at The Eye, I assumed that trouble was brewing." he said,"When your a Caitiff you learn quicly that any trouble will inevitably mean trouble for you. I thought it best that I try to find out what was going on before I decided whether or not to leave the city, especially a city I have just come to." He chanced a quick glance around. He saw about 8 people and 2 of them appeared to be human, but he couldn't be sure. " A coup can be bad news for lots of people, but from what i've heard Caitiff always seem to come off worse."
"A pity then," Dachlan cooly answered. "I'm afraid you're either with us now, or you'll run very fast. We cannot afford to have people know about this...meeting here and walk to the new boss around telling him what we are about to do. So you have those two options, or I'm afraid you'll have to die otherwise. What do you decide, Caitiff?"
Dachlan eyed him with a disdainful smile on his face.
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Dahak wrote:"A pity then," Dachlan cooly answered. "I'm afraid you're either with us now, or you'll run very fast. We cannot afford to have people know about this...meeting here and walk to the new boss around telling him what we are about to do. So you have those two options, or I'm afraid you'll have to die otherwise. What do you decide, Caitiff?"
Dachlan eyed him with a disdainful smile on his face.
"That goes for you too, Shotgun Pete," I said pointing to Colin. "You want a reason for staying? I'll give you one. You walk away and you become a liability to my personal well-being. Not to mention the well-being of everyone else here. You become a giant loose end that leads right back to a stake in my heart. I won't let that happen. Some here may say they're not afriad of true death, I'll tell you right now, I am. I know who's waiting for me on the other side and I'm terrified. You leave and I'll hunt you down myself."

I had been silent for most of the conversation but I had to agree with DeVries'. At his point there was no leaving. Everyone was a target now. And I highly doubted they would be lucky enough just to be killed if they were caught.

I looked back to Crow and had to smile inwardly at the name. "So does this city always grow its vampires so nosey?"
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Placing the barrel of the shotgun against Armands head Colin waited for the responce he knew was coming, he just wanted to 'help him along with deciding'.

"A new Caitiff huh, so that's why I didn't recognize the name. By the way, you may want to choose to stay with us here and join our little suicide band, I'm quite certain that even on the unlikely chance that I miss your head there are many here who could easily hunt you down and rip your heart from your chest. It would be much nicer to have another body as cannon fodder rather than another body to dump in the garbage."
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

<"Anna, we cannot afford to trust everyone who simply comes here, especially not a Caitiff!"> Anton said in Russian, motioning towards Armand.
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
Larz
Rabid Monkey

Post by Larz »

Mal quietly watched what was occuring, he hadn't moved from the door frame and seemed quiet content about not being noticed. A vampire war, hmm, this could be interesting... The malkavian smiled a dark smile, leaning upon the door frame to watch the scene play out. The vampire mused, his face glowed with an erie curiousity, mania or vorpal calm both in the same expression. I shall have to see how this play has played out with the actors in pastel who seem to hunger for the stage
"Once again we wanted our heroes to be simple, grizzled everymen with nothing to lose; one foot in the grave, the other wrapped in an American flag and lodged firmly in a terrorist's asshole."

Brotherhood of the Monkey: Nonchalant Disgruntled Monkey
Justice League
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Armnd looked around the group. He knew they'd have no worries about carrying out their threat of killing him, leaving him two options: stay with the "suicide band" (as the shotgun wielder had called it) or get out of town fast. His instincts screamed a him to get out, to run as far as possible. But the he began thinking about the other city's he'd been chased out of. He had no options then, he was kicked out for being what he was, but here there was a group offering to accept him, offering him a chance to make a difference. Coups are trouble, coups = dead Caitiff his instincs yelled. Yes, he thought, but practically anything can lead to dead Caitiffs, coup or not. No matter where he went, no matter how far he ran, he knew that he'd always be despised for what he is. But here might be the exeption to the rule, a chance for him to be an equal. He'd die someday, better that he die trying to give himself a chance than to be constantly running. He turned back to the person that had been questioning him.
"Ok, i'm with you then."
Hammerman! Hammer!
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Anna sighed. "Gentlemen please. Could we stop with the acusations and make some plans?" She began to pace the room. "If you don't wish to help, don't. I can handle this myself."
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Anna sighed. "Gentlemen please. Could we stop with the acusations and make some plans?" She began to pace the room. "If you don't wish to help, don't. I can handle this myself."
___

"I could ask the resident Tremere chantry for help," Dachlan thoughtfully answered. "If they would help us, it would be a great addition to our cause. And given my status, they are likely to follow my...suggestions. Unless you don't like it, Anna, of course."
GALE Force Euro Wimp