WP Shows Off His Camera Skillz (more)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

WP Shows Off His Camera Skillz (more)

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Towards the end of this last deployment I bought a new camera, and I have to show off because damnit I spent a lot of money. The pictures are of origional size so 56k'ers... uh... never mind, if you're still using dial-up then you suck and get out of my thread you low bandwidth bastards!

First off, the mountains near Kandahar. This was taken in the air, the sun was low and it was slightly hazy so obviously not the best condidtions, but what have you.

Second, a nice action shot from a squadron volleyball tournment we had a few days before going home. You can expect to see this photo on this guy's myspace page pretty soon.

Third, the downtown harbor of Chania, Crete, on my mission home. It's slanted because I had to sit the camera on a big rock or user shaking would ruin the long exposure.

Lastly, the sun setting over the Atlantic a few hundred miles off the coast of Newfoundland.
Last edited by Wicked Pilot on 2008-03-18 12:00am, edited 1 time in total.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

That's a wonderful picture of Afghanistan, to bad it's all fucked up. They could probably attract some tourism.

Edit: question removed.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Beaten to it by five hours! I had all sorts of Top Gun references going through my head.

I like the shot near Kandahar. The haze actually gives it a foreign mystique.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

tim31 wrote:Beaten to it by five hours! I had all sorts of Top Gun references going through my head.
Many where tempted to show up wearing jeans and dog tags. Unfortunately the uniform nazis would have shit a kitten if we wheren't all wearing our official PT uniforms.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Wicked Pilot wrote:
tim31 wrote:Beaten to it by five hours! I had all sorts of Top Gun references going through my head.
Many where tempted to show up wearing jeans and dog tags. Unfortunately the uniform nazis would have shit a kitten if we wheren't all wearing our official PT uniforms.
Are you saying you guys were going to cosplay Top Gun. :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Very nice, love shots 1,3, & 4 in particular :) . What type of camera did you use, a Sony I presume, going by the DSC in the links? :P
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Nikon actually.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

.... Is #4 upside down?!? It looks like the sea and sky are reversed....
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Uh, no it is not inverted.
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

From a mission this weekend to Florida. We took a two ship on a low level down Miami beach and over the Keys. For a while we opened up the back ends and let guys stand on the ramp. Hopefully I'll have some good photos from the other bird of mine in flight. For now here's a picture from my camera of one of my loadmasters:

http://www.stardestroyer.net/WarWolves/ ... C_0047.JPG

EDIT: And here's one earlier. I think that might be Fort Laurderdale in the background.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/WarWolves/ ... C_0015.JPG
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Was the top pic taken just after you guys had pushed the elephant out the rear dock?
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Wicked Pilot wrote:From a mission this weekend to Florida. We took a two ship on a low level down Miami beach and over the Keys. For a while we opened up the back ends and let guys stand on the ramp. Hopefully I'll have some good photos from the other bird of mine in flight. For now here's a picture from my camera of one of my loadmasters:
Great pics. My father was a loadmaster for several years in the late 60s with (if I remember right, it's too late to call and ask him tonight) the 913th Combat Support Squadron out of NAS Willow Grove, in Pennsylvania. He's told me how his unit would practice dropping pallets with jeeps and the like, "mostly" (as he says) getting the items in question down intact. He served on C-119s until most of them were transferred to Vietnam to be converted to gunships, though some of them were destroyed on the ground by North Vietnamese attacks (or was it the VC?) before they were ever used as intended.