Alliances-HP/Buffy/Hellsing--then it just gets worse for HP

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Alliances-HP/Buffy/Hellsing--then it just gets worse for HP

Post by Majin Gojira »

Alliances
Author: Majin Gojira
Crossover: Massive Merged World: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Harry Potter, Hellsing, James Bond, Others on a “Spot the Crossover” basis, because I am mean.
Characters: Xander Harris, Harry Potter, Gregory Arcturus—OC Wizard Diplomat, James Bond, Sir Integra Hellsing, Others not to be Named here.
Rating: PG-13/T
Summary: An early job for Harry as an Auror was to guard a Wizard Diplomat as he attempted to negotiate with a frightening new group in based in Scotland. But they’ve already made allies with others…
Notes: I blame too many Harry Potter fic that assume that Buffy and Harry Potter can get along without incident, with even the magic being the same. Or that wizards will guide everything. Also, this takes place in the massive crossover universe I’ve been working on, something similar to Alan Moore’s League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. In other words, there are a lot of crossovers, some altered by the presence of other series, and none of them are explained. But suffice a few of them will be hard to recognize. Besides, that's what the interent is for. Google it!

Harry Potter had become an adept Auror in the last few years. Few things rattled his nerves anymore. Sometimes, he could catch a bit of nervousness from his compatriots, other times; the cases themselves could send a chill down his spine.

Today both assaulted him.

The first source was Gregory Arcturus. He was from a minor, but proud family of Wizards that were some of the few remnants of Old Ills that Hermione crusaded against. He still held some prejudices, but was still an effective ambassador, so he was kept on. He was a small man with greased black hair, but he carried himself as though he were a foot taller.

Harry walked at Gregory’s right. A second, taller, slender Auror, two years Harry’s junior, named Percival Ducard walked on Gregory's left. He had worked with Percival on only two prior occasions, and could only really say that he was a decent Auror.

The situation didn’t fit right in Harry’s mind. He believed that his office was being manipulated, and that he was there as some sort of “Show of Force”. Given the nature of the new organization, that was entirely the case—but why was Percival there? A clerical error?

The three made their way through the Parliament Building to one of the more secluded meeting rooms. Harry’s thoughts were pushed aside once he spotted the two civilians standing in front of the meeting room door.

Or, more accurately, a civilian and a variety of elf Harry had not seen before. The elf in question was especially tall for any elf he’d seen—maybe 5’7”. She dressed herself as a human, not at all like other supernatural beings he’d seen. Had Harry known of them, he would have thought she would fit in at a London nightclub with if not for her elfin ears, blue skin and three-fingered hands. Her eyes, he noticed, were pupilless yellow.

The other woman was something of a miniature titan. She stood about as tall as Hagrid, maybe 7ft tall, but had Asian features in her face and eyes. Her body spoke of someone who spent a good deal of time lifting heavy weights. Well muscled and defined. She, in contrast to her companion, was in a business suit. But even that did little to hide her seemingly stone-hewn body.

“I can’t believe you got to come here like this,” the Asian giant smiled down at the elf.

“Well, my boss is very casual about such things and—“

“You totally forgot about this gig, didn’t ya?”

After a pause, the elf relented, “Yeah.”

The amazon laughed deeply before she noticed the three wizards. “Hey, there here,” she said in a hushed tone to the elf. Both then stood up straight and placed themselves at either end of the door, standing at attention.

Harry noticed Gregory stiffen and fidget as they approached. Something was scaring him, even with two aurors to guard him.

Harry guessed it was the amazon.

“Ambassador Gregory Arcturus, I presume?” the elf asked.

“Y-Yes,” Gregory began, “I am Ambassador Gregory Arcturus. With me are Aurors Percival Ducard and Harry Potter.”

“Harry Potter, eh?” the amazon sneered. “Color me unimpressed.”

“Didn’t he stop some Nazi wannabe six years ago?” the elf asked her associate. Harry assumed she was referring to Voldemort. But, if she was a magical creature, and from Britain by the sound of it, how could she not know of him?

“Ha!” the amazon leaned down to stare Harry in the eye, “I think he’d shit himself if he saw a REAL Nazi. Hell, I’d wager he’d shit himself if he saw a FREAK vampire or a Kreigaffe.”

Harry stood his ground for a tense moment. The amazon scoffed again, “I give ‘um five minutes.”

Harry released the hold on his Wand under his cloak.

“Grace, please don’t cause an international incident,” The elf placed a hand on the amazon’s massive shoulder.

The amazon stood aside, “I’ll leave that to them.”

“Please,” The elf smiled, “excuse Ms. Choi’s behavior.”

“…For the sake of relations, I shall, but you shall inform your superiors of her behavior,” Gregory stated.

“For what good it will do,” The elf mumbled.

Gregory eyed her as though she were his house elf caught disobeying an order.

The elf glared back, “Hey, she’s not on our payroll,” she said indignantly.

The amazon giggled at the outburst.

“Just go in,” the elf motioned towards the door.

Percival entered first, followed by Gregory. Harry entered last.

“Your boss is so going to dock you pay, T.J.” he heard the amazon remark.

“And what’ll yours do?” the elf, T.J., snapped.

Harry did not hear the rest of their exchange, for the door closed behind him harshly.

The room had far more people than was expected by any of the wizards. The man with the eye patch, Alexander Harris, and his body guard, a Slayer, Harry ventured. But there were three others. Two of the others at a long table like Xander. The others stood at their shoulders.

The room itself was closed to the rest of the world. Tall bookcases took up the walls on the left and right. Blinds were brought down over the windows behind the seated ambassadors.

“What is this?” Gregory growled. “We agreed tha—”

“I’m terribly sorry.” Xander calmly stated, “But our other English allies insisted that they be present. We attempted to contact you, but we have yet to receive a messenger owl of our own.”

“Between the ill mannered servants at the entrance and this, you are not exactly setting this up well.” Said Gregory, scowling at the taller man.

“Well, I’m used to Murphy’s law getting the better of me.” Xander smiled. “If I may introduce the members of this meeting: I assume you know who I am. Uh, Xander Harris, just in case you forgot. With me is one of our top slayers: Satsu Miike.”

The slayer bowed slightly, but said nothing. Harry found it odd that this Xander person had no titles. Harry guessed that it may have to do with his origins in America.

“From MI-13,” Xander continued, “we have General James Bond. With him is Yomiko Readman, one of his subordinates.”

“It is a pleasure to meet you,” Yomiko bowed slightly.

General Bond did not move.

“Next to them,” said Xander “is Sir Integra Wingates Hellsing.”

The woman between the two men sat alone smoking a cigar. She did not greet the wizards with one word: “Ambassador.”

Harry heard Gregory angrily mumble “Three muggles. Just perfect.”

“Where is your bodyguard, Ms. Hellsing?” Gregory asked.

“Sir Hellsing,” she corrected, “And he does not feel a need to make his presence known yet.”

Harry swallowed hard, but did his best to hide it. Having an enemy he could not measure was not a good thing.

Harry glanced at each of the persons before him.

The man on the left, Alexander Harris, was a muggle. Despite this, he had been combating magical threats since Voldemort fell. Some of the other, older wizards in authority had voiced opinions of obliviating him once he entered England. But those voices were quickly silence when it was demonstrated all the good it was done.

Still, no one wanted the entire world to be populated with people like Harris.

Hidden on her person were several holsters for what, Harry thought, would be bladed weaponry of some sort.

The woman behind Alexander, Satsu Miike, was covered in black body armor—except for the pink cat-eared hat she wore. On her hip was a crossbow holster, the bolts probably behind her, and several closed pouches. Harry could think of several things that could fit in there. Finally, strapped to the Slayer’s back was a sword. From the curve, and style of the hilt, he guessed it to be a katana. Though how she was to draw such a long blade eluded him.

Sir Integra Hellsing had, what Harry assumed, to be a single pistol holster. She was also a muggle. She was smaller than the others, but still commanded the scene.

General James Bond (Harry swore that had to be a joke of some kind, or irony that most wizards would not have understood), had at least 3 pistols hidden on his person, and perhaps 5 knives. The fact that he even looked like Sean Connery, albiet darker in skin tone and with obvious scaring peaking out from his uniform, made it even less believable.

Yomiko, Bond’s assistant, did not appear to be carrying any weapons—or anything other than slips of paper and books.

That frightened Harry.

“Shall we get to business, then?” Gregory said. He strode over to the table and sat in front of the three muggles and their bodyguards.

Harry took the right position and Percival the left. Harry wanted to keep an eye on Yomiko and Bond.

“Now, we of the Wizarding World, in order to help maintain our secrecy, have made accords with various non-Wizarding organizations across the British Iles for mutual benefit. I assume you have read the terms of the accord?” Gregory had regained much of his composure as he began to speak.

“Yes, I have,” Xander answered, “I have also read the accords you have with the Hellsing organization and MI-13.”

“You have?” Gregory asked.

“Yes, or rather, the Treaty you have with Hellsing, and the ‘unwritten’ treaty you have with MI-13,” Said Xander.

“And?”

“Well, there are some discrepancies, or, rather problems with the treaty,” behind Xander, Satsu shifted, tensing slightly, “mostly in regards to the Slayers themselves. You refer to them as--”

Harry did his best to hide his disgust from his employer, but with a simple eye movement to General Bond, he let the gray-bearded man understand his thoughts as the words were spat out of Xander’s mouth.

“Near-Human Magical Being.”

Harry Potter was surprised that the word “beast” wasn’t used. Then again, the Slayers were in human form. He still took measure of the others reactions.

Only Satsu and Yomiko reacted with brief scowls. General Bond and Sir Integra retained their emotionless facades.

Xander, by contrast, let his anger be known.

He growled, “We really cannot abide the dehumanization of 90% of our members.”

“Well,” Gregory began, “that is how Vampire Slayers are classified by the Ministry of Magic. It is not my department to deal with such grievances. However, I can assure that there are efforts to amend such decisions. I believe an acquaintance of Harry Potter is in the process of such action for other magical beings.”

Harry did not like the dismissive manner in which Hermione was referred to, but held his true thoughts on the matter.

“Yes,” Harry said, “Hermione Granger is currently working on achieving equal rights for house elves and other magical beings within Wizard society. If she is made aware of your grievance, I’m sure she’ll—“

“I’m certain she would,” Integra stated.

“Regardless, until such actions are achieved, it will be difficult for us to enter a treaty with you,” Xander kept his eyes on Gregory.

“Well, please understand,” Gregory responded, “That we cannot really tolerate several hundred super-strong girls running around England without supervision.” Gregory chuckled at the notion.

“Actually, they are quite well supervised by several dozen staff members, some of which have UNIT credentials,” Xander answered harshly, “and calling them ‘little girls’ is not exactly the nicest thing to do, Ambassador.”

Gregory shifted uncomfortably.

Then it hit Harry. This wasn’t a treaty, Gregory and the ministry wanted to dictate terms of surrender. Apparently, they didn’t like the resistance this new group was giving them.

And Harry couldn’t blame them for it.

“Despite UNITs obvious skill at dealing with…certain phenomena.” Gregory began, “They would not be able to secure Wizarding interests.”

“Ah, Wizarding Interests,” Sir Integra stated. “The same interests that kept you from answering all aid requests?”

“Well,” Gregory began, “you can’t expect us to drop what we’re doing just if you happen to bump your knee.”

“I hardly call the bombing of downtown London by Nazi Zeppelins to be a bump on the knee,” General Bond growled. Thankfully, if not unervingly, this Bond did not have a Scottish accent.

Gregory hissed, “Because you were so helpful when the Dark Lord rose again!”

Bond roared back, “You didn’t even ASK for help!”

“Gentlemen,” Sir Integra barked, “this is getting us nowhere. Clearly there have been failings in the past—and it because of those failings that we have interceded in this instance.”

“Right you are,” Xander added, to no real important effect, until he said, “I didn’t even get to the Sorcerer vs. Wizard stuff and the psychic crackdown in this treaty.”

Psychic crackdown?

“Please understand,” Gregory began, “prophecies are a very delicate matter,” Harry couldn’t help but wonder about his own prophecy work, “and the ministry—”

“Has to keep it all under their control,” Sir Integra interrupted, “like you want the Slayers,”

The flinch on Gregory’s face told them all the truth of the matter.

“Sir Hellsing,” Gregory stammered, “Do you have any idea what your accusation—“

“I believe the treaty speaks for itself, really. A blatant power grab against a fledgling group that only recently emancipated itself from such domination.”

“Well said, Sir Integra,” Xander smiled.

“You—arrogant muggle,” Gregory’s appeasing façade had faded, “I will report this to the minister of magic himself! Expect to have sterner talks in the future, Cow!”

Harry cringed at the developments. Because of the Ministry’s short-sightedness and the new minister’s blatant attempt to power grab and keep the ‘Old Ways’ going, bridges were being burnt—perhaps forever.

“Cow?” a voice boomed that chilled Harry to his core, “arrogant? The only arrogance I see is from the Wizards—once again.”

A large man with a wide brim hat and duster the color of blood, passed through the wall nearest Percival. He had to be at least 7ft tall, but his presence made him feel much taller. His presence was such that Gregory stood and backed away, placing Harry and Percival between him and the fiend.

“A thousand years of hiding...and it seems they shoved their heads even further up their asses then the last time I saw them.” The fiend smiled.

Harry had not been frightened for several years now—not since Hogwarts. Not like this.

“Wow,” Xander whistled, “That is an entrance.”

“Xander…” Satsu growled.

“Hold on, Satsu, he isn’t the enemy, today, they are,” Xander’s stare was cold, ruthless.

Bond’s next orders made Harry go for his wand, “Kill them only if you must,”

As Harry drew his wand, two things happened in front of him: the first being Satsu leaping over the table.

The second, as soon as she passed a certain point, Yomiko had flung a hand into the air, carrying a stream of paper, which created a rather ridged wall, cutting off the Wizards from the three organization heads.

Hermione would love to analyze the effectiveness of a paper wall like that, but Harry had other things on his mind, namely, the sword swinging Slayer in front of him.

“Expelliarmus!” Harry shouted. A rookie mistake, but one he had yet to break the habit of.

The spell jumped to the Slayer’s weapon, and jolted the Katana from her hands.

But she didn’t miss a beat, and used her air born momentum to strike him in the chest with a powerful kick.

Harry was on the floor, and in pain. He tried to breathe but found it come up short with a spike of pain on his chest.

He fought through the pain, to stand up as Satsu retrieved her sword.

Harry lobbed a stunning spell at the slayer, but she ducked aside, letting the spell splash against the paper wall. Harry wheeled his arm around for a blasting curse aimed at the slayer’s feet, but her blade met his arm before he could cast it.

Reflexively, Harry screamed in pain as the blade effortlessly sliced through his arm. Harry clutched the stump his arm had become, trying his best to stem the bleeding. Harry’s thoughts were then consumed with Satsu’s blade as it was held against his throat. Nausea crept up his throat as shock crept upon him.

Harry attempted to Apparate through the pain, but found himself blocked. However, Harry’s newfound position allowed him to watch the other events unfold around him.

The fiend stepped slowly towards Percival.

“It’s been ages since I fought a wizard,” the fiend boomed, “Only a few were very entertaining. Do try your best to be a man. Or a monster.”

The horror in red grinned, his teeth like a shark’s.

Percival lobbed a stunner at him, but the creature was unaffected.

“Stunning? Really?” The fiend mocked, “I thought you would realize the situation your in.”

Fangs glimmered in the vampires jaws. Percival threw another spell at the vampire, and he was engulfed in flames.

The vampire stopped in his tracks. With another few flicks, Percival sent an arrow into the vampire’s heart.

And he didn’t dust. He just stood there.

The vampire’s laughter echoed in the room.

“Nice try. That would have worked against a lowly, common vampire,” He sneered, “but I am far from that.”

Gregory bolted for the door, Percival stood paralyzed with fear--only to be impaled upon the vampire’s gloved hand. Blood welled up in Percival’s throat, slowly choking him.

“For shame,” he sneered, turning in Satsu’s direction, “it appears I’ve used to much force.”

Satsu bristled at his gaze.

“Alucard,” she hissed through gritted teeth.

“Still,” he chuckled, “I can still make use of this,” his grin grew unnaturally wide as he let Percival slide of his hand, Harry's attention was then drawn towards the fleeing Gregory.

Especially since T.J. and Grace were waiting for him at the door.

“Where do you think—” Grace began, but a spell call cut her off.

The stunning spell struck her full in the head, but the giant woman simply cringed and, upon opening her eyes only said one thing: “Ow.”

T.J. threw a bolt of iridescent energy at Gregory as she dove at him. He knocked it aside with his wand.

“Setup!” T.J. shouted as she landed on her hands, brought her feet in and lashed out in a vicious double-kick, striking Gregory in the chin, and lifting him off his feet.

“Spike!” Grace answered as she punched Donovan in the face while he floated in mid air, catapulting him across the room, and into the paper wall. Gregory's body slammed loudly against it before slidding to the floor. Harry watched as blood and what Harry could only assume were broken bits of his teeth dribble from his mouth.

The acrobatic blue girl landed on her feet in a crouch opposite him.

Harry’s attention was drawn back to Alucard, who bit into Percival’s neck. A horrific sucking sound hit his ear as the vampire fed.

“There,” Alucard sneered as he released his hold on the Auror, letting him fall lifelessly to the floor, “was that so awful?”

“Yes, it was!” T.J. shouted.

“Ms. Wagner,” Alucard smiled, “you must build stronger nerves if you want to survive in this business.”

The paper barrier folded back into Yomiko’s hand. Harry did his best to remain focused, but things began to blur. The soldiers reported to their masters after bickering amongst themselves (mostly the rest against Alucard) for their battle behavior, but he could not understand what they were saying. His vision blurred. He couldn’t stop the bleeding without moving—something the slayer wouldn’t allow.

He gathered his wits, to refocus his vision, only to find himself in Alucad’s massive shadow.

“Pick up your wand, boy,” he grinned, “we don’t want you dead yet.”

Harry slowly reached for his wand. As his fingers brought his wand to his palm, he heard another voice, Xander, say “And don’t try anything smart.”

Harry picked up his wand and with a flick brought his bleeding to a halt, then preserved his severed limb.

“Can you carry a message?” He heard Bond say.

Harry nodded slowly.

“Good,” Bond stepped forward, kneeled down to Harry and looked him squarely in the eye, “Listen to me, Harry Potter. We have had enough of the Wizarding World’s unheralded, unwarranted arrogance in regards to the non-wizard community. Our orders are as such: firstly, there will be a full exchange of information between our two ‘worlds’; Second, there will be a more open share of resources—on both sides, mind you—between our us; finally, wizarding authority will be subject to UNIT rules regarding non-terrestrial alliances.”

Bond held a thick, bound package, out to Harry, “Try not to bleed on it.”

“Wha-what does this mean?” Harry stammered.

“It means you’ve lost before the fight even began,” Bond smiled.

END
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

I find the Slayers & (new)Watcher council just a vile as the HP Wizards.

But I'ld love to see Alucard to go hammer away at the major players of BtVS-verse setting. Pitty about the city he was doing it in.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

I know I should be disappointed with this kind of thing, but all I can really muster is apathy. Honestly, couldn't you just leave the cycle of pointless bashing fics to putter on its own? :(

Full marks for portraying the Wizarding World in-character as dicks, and Harrry for his customary excess of restraint. Zero marks for making me think of all the other parties(apart from Alucard who was restrained by his own warped standards) as a shower of cunts.
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

Also “Near-Human Magical Being.” is a freaking good way to describe a Slayer.

They are basicly a demon possesed human with a fuckload of non-human instincts rammed into her, and trained in a way which dehumanizes them and strongly discourages any type of tactical thinking(self-guiding suicide weapons done need a sense of self-preservation).
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Xon wrote:I find the Slayers & (new)Watcher council just a vile as the HP Wizards.
Good! Who says that either group/facet is in the right here? It's just a more...realistic take on how the two would interact (IE: an iteration of "Badly").
I know I should be disappointed with this kind of thing, but all I can really muster is apathy. Honestly, couldn't you just leave the cycle of pointless bashing fics to putter on its own?
Actually, it's not much of a Bash fic from my perspective. It's more of a "Utter inversion of everything that every other fan-nit has done with the concept".

Instead of HP utterly dominating and subjugating BtVS and that being portrayed as a good thing, we have Buffy and allies working to subjugate the Wizarding World, and have it portrayed as, an at best, morally ambiguous thing.

I tried my darndest to make sure Harry put up a good fight against overwhelming odds. Talked it over with HP fans and others, but, really, they were screwed from the get-go.
Full marks for portraying the Wizarding World in-character as dicks, and Harrry for his customary excess of restraint. Zero marks for making me think of all the other parties(apart from Alucard who was restrained by his own warped standards) as a shower of cunts.
Who says they aren't? Or that their cunt-tastic behavior doesn't have some minor justification?
Also “Near-Human Magical Being.” is a freaking good way to describe a Slayer.
Not from a civil rights perspective. Given that they have the full mental functionality of a normal human, "Magically Enhanced Human" is far more flatering as well as acurate. "Near Human" can imply that they would recive less civil rights than a full human.
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

I know I should be disappointed with this kind of thing, but all I can really muster is apathy. Honestly, couldn't you just leave the cycle of pointless bashing fics to putter on its own?
Actually, it's not much of a Bash fic from my perspective. It's more of a "Utter inversion of everything that every other fan-nit has done with the concept".

Instead of HP utterly dominating and subjugating BtVS and that being portrayed as a good thing, we have Buffy and allies working to subjugate the Wizarding World, and have it portrayed as, an at best, morally ambiguous thing.

[/quote]
Whatever your perspective, it comes off as a massive bash from someone who's now seen two too many Buffy crushes HP fics(which makes three to be exact).

Of course, it isn't a reversal, it's 'Buffy plus seventy three others crushing the wizarding world'. This was unappealing when Greywizard did it, and it remains unappealing now.
Who says they aren't? Or that their cunt-tastic behavior doesn't have some minor justification?

[/quote]

So when did it become standard Slayer procedure to inflict potentially permanent maiming(depending upon your take on HP magic) on people engaging in entirely non-lethal attacks, who generally work with those who are at least trying to make the Wizarding world better? Whatever minor justification you dredge up is almost certain to leave me still rooting for Twilight to kick all of the Slayers' heads in.

Frankly, this would be Harry's cue to become Dark Lord Crappy Acronym, manifest a silver arm and start casting 'Accio Annoying Bitches Eyeballs'.

Your alliance of twats is so far in the wrong here it isn't even funny, let's see, we have initiation of violence, and use of lethal force in response to initially nonlethal efforts at self-defense, in response to verbal insults and blustering from a blowhard.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Pretty damn good. I detect a certain dislike for Harry Potter though :wink:
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

I must agree with consequences, the members of MI-13, Hellsing, and the Watchers were being ultraviolent pricks.

Nitpick: James Bond served in the Royal Navy, so if he's getting promoted to a flag officer, it would be to Admiral, NOT General. (For comparison, note that M is described as an admiral in Ian Fleming's novels.)
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

The whole arm slicing thing seemed unncessarily violent and out of character. Sure, they could be pricks, but just smashing his wand out of his hand, possibly breaking his arm, seems more reasonable than risking him bleeding out or going into shock.

Although perhaps if you demonstrated some degree of supreme dickery by the Wizards against the other groups it might seem justified. Although I'd like to see how you work out the differences between wizarding magic and all the other kinds flying around.
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

consequences wrote:Whatever your perspective, it comes off as a massive bash from someone who's now seen two too many Buffy crushes HP fics(which makes three to be exact).
You've seen THREE?!

This is the first one I've seen, and I wrote the damn thing!

But, really, cruse Twisting the Hellmouth (which I do begrudingly) and see how many Subtle Dominance fics there are of Harry Potter over Buffy.

The numbers are not in your favor, really.
This was unappealing when Greywizard did it, and it remains unappealing now.
The reverse is equally unappealing, and far more common from what I've seen.

And I tried pretty hard to give Harry a fighting chance. If you have suggestions of manuevers/spells he could cast--do tell.
So when did it become standard Slayer procedure to inflict potentially permanent maiming(depending upon your take on HP magic) on people engaging in entirely non-lethal attacks, who generally work with those who are at least trying to make the Wizarding world better?
Bah, if they can re-grow bones, they can re-attatch a severed arm, IMO. So, no, not debilitating.

You're also assuming that the knowledge provided to Xander and Co, let alone available to Integra and Bond is universal and all-consuming.

Harry is really the only hero in the story. Everyone else IS tainted by the darkness they've fought (or being misled).

Your alliance of twats is so far in the wrong here it isn't even funny, let's see, we have initiation of violence, and use of lethal force in response to initially nonlethal efforts at self-defense, in response to verbal insults and blustering from a blowhard.
Let's ignore the attempted, all but said, enslavement of several hundred people. IIRC that's a crime against humanity.

Let alone when they do it to other sentient beings.

Or the memory alteration of hundreds of British Citizens who really wouldn't care one way or the other.

Once the Sunnydale Syndrome comes into play, Obliviation becomes something rather nasty (as if it wasn't already).

Or the major distraction during the second Nazi war that Voldermort--a product of the isolationist tactics--caused them.

Those Nazi references weren't just there for Flavor. They actually speak of something far deeper.
I must agree with consequences, the members of MI-13, Hellsing, and the Watchers were being ultraviolent pricks.
Not saying that they weren't. Integra is not a nice person. And Neither is Bond, most of the time.
Nitpick: James Bond served in the Royal Navy, so if he's getting promoted to a flag officer, it would be to Admiral, NOT General. (For comparison, note that M is described as an admiral in Ian Fleming's novels.)
Thank you! I shall alter this quickly!
The whole arm slicing thing seemed unncessarily violent and out of character. Sure, they could be pricks, but just smashing his wand out of his hand, possibly breaking his arm, seems more reasonable than risking him bleeding out or going into shock.
Hmm...Perhaps you are right. However, it is hard to...

Damn, I should have just sliced the wand in two.

Expect edits, then.

However, I'm not sure I should change Alucard's behavior. Because...well, he's Alucard.
Although perhaps if you demonstrated some degree of supreme dickery by the Wizards against the other groups it might seem justified.
Perhaps I need to make the attempted enslavement more clear. I thought it was, but apparently it was not.
Although I'd like to see how you work out the differences between wizarding magic and all the other kinds flying around.
Simply put, there are hundreds of traditions out there, but most non-wizard ones are designed to "deal" with Horrible Things with Tentacles.
Browncoat

Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Probably the most reasonable thing given the situation is for the Slayer, who I believe had the high ground in the form of the table at the time, to simply kick Harry's wand out of his hand. Fast, effective, and will probably only turn his hand into a bag of shattered bones rather than risk killing him.

Alucard I can get putting a fist through someone's torso, its just one of those things he does, but Integra does hold the leash, so if she wants him to back off he has to obey. While she is ruthless enough to just let him go to town on the wizards, seems uncharacteristic of her to let him take down a target that has already been neutralized.

Generally though the groups involved seemed like bigger pricks than necessary. Since they seem to have an inkling of the politics involved in the wizarding world, steamrolling over the progressives like Harry seems counter productive to their goals.

Then again, if I'm reading you right on the whole magic angle, that would make the wizards the biggest pricks on the planet if they basically developed their magic as a way to be lazy and then hid from the rest of the world when the elder things came knocking, leaving the fight to people for whom magic did not come as easily or cheaply. The phrase douchebags comes to mind.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Academia Nut wrote:Then again, if I'm reading you right on the whole magic angle, that would make the wizards the biggest pricks on the planet if they basically developed their magic as a way to be lazy and then hid from the rest of the world when the elder things came knocking, leaving the fight to people for whom magic did not come as easily or cheaply. The phrase douchebags comes to mind.
On the nose. Cthulhu lives here and he and his many bretheren are not just in the Deeper Well.

But, I do think I will tone down the violence.
Browncoat

consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Majin Gojira wrote:
consequences wrote:Whatever your perspective, it comes off as a massive bash from someone who's now seen two too many Buffy crushes HP fics(which makes three to be exact).
You've seen THREE?!

This is the first one I've seen, and I wrote the damn thing!

But, really, cruse Twisting the Hellmouth (which I do begrudingly) and see how many Subtle Dominance fics there are of Harry Potter over Buffy.

The numbers are not in your favor, really.
Hilarious, considering I ran into both 'The Muggle Way' and 'Prophecies, We Don't Need no Stinking Prophecies' at TTH(which I also only cruise begrudgingly). You can search for the links yourself if you need to read them to flush the hate from your system, I have no desire to pollute the internet by linking directly to them.
This was unappealing when Greywizard did it, and it remains unappealing now.
The reverse is equally unappealing, and far more common from what I've seen.

And I tried pretty hard to give Harry a fighting chance. If you have suggestions of manuevers/spells he could cast--do tell.

[/quote]

What, you usually see HP teamed up with at least a half-dozen crossovers to administer a curbstomp? It's insulting whichever direction the stomp goes, either because the power being unilaterally boosted needs the help due to inability to hold the line alone, or because the author is such a schmuck he feels the need to grind the boot in further for overkill.

Him being a nice guy, most of my favored moves would be right out the window. And since you arbitrarily blocked apparition with no explanation, there's really not much point in speculating. In any case, his performance was actually the one part of the fic I had no issue with.
So when did it become standard Slayer procedure to inflict potentially permanent maiming(depending upon your take on HP magic) on people engaging in entirely non-lethal attacks, who generally work with those who are at least trying to make the Wizarding world better?
Bah, if they can re-grow bones, they can re-attatch a severed arm, IMO. So, no, not debilitating.
[/quote]

I've seen HP healing capabilities done every possible way, so I wasn't going to make an assumption, preserving it easily could have been wishful thinking on Harry's part.
You're also assuming that the knowledge provided to Xander and Co, let alone available to Integra and Bond is universal and all-consuming.
Well let's see, we have the guy who works with the girl trying to change eevrything, who's visibly cringing at the party line being put forward, and is at least tring to be decent. Plus of course, the fact that if the Axis of Cunts had done their intel work at all they'd know his geneal portfolio.
Harry is really the only hero in the story. Everyone else IS tainted by the darkness they've fought (or being misled).
Let's ignore the attempted, all but said, enslavement of several hundred people. IIRC that's a crime against humanity.
[/quote]

How exactly is this different than how things ran under the old Watcher's Council?
Let alone when they do it to other sentient beings.
Whih is a fantastic pretext for a regime change. Those don't generally start with violence at the peace conference by the people who plan to do the changing if they intend to retain the moral high ground.
Or the memory alteration of hundreds of British Citizens who really wouldn't care one way or the other.

Once the Sunnydale Syndrome comes into play, Obliviation becomes something rather nasty (as if it wasn't already).
Ah yes, the old 'waah, memory alteration is the most evilest nastiest thing ever' bugaboo. Since you've crammed so many other universes into this one, that becomes a simple necessity of survival as opposed to the usual unspeakably arrogant dickery. Even taken as dickery, the other side has the guy who eats people's souls for being in the wrong place and time.
Or the major distraction during the second Nazi war that Voldermort--a product of the isolationist tactics--caused them.

This is in no way presented clearly in the fic.
Those Nazi references weren't just there for Flavor. They actually speak of something far deeper.
That's okay, you only hit yet another pet peeve of mine with the whole 'your enemies are shit and you must be too' blustering.

Let's look at this from a diplomatic perspective since you had the door guards use the phrase 'international incident', shall we? We have harsh words exchanged, in support of a reprehensible position on the one side. We then have the people hosting the conference on the other side initiate violence, respond with lethal force to entirely non-lethal attacks and efforts to escape, and blatantly disobey orders from above to 'kill them only if you have to'. So they can't be trusted, their soldiers are out of control, and aren't even effectively disciplined when they go out of control.

This leaves the Wizarding world three basic options:

One, complete unconditional surrender while hoping that the soldiers of the other side don't kill you because they feel like it. This is unlikely for a variety of reasons.

Two, total unrestrained war. If run properly by Hermione Granger, the supergenius ruthless enough to frag her own parents' memories in support of the mission, then the only one of the factions left standing at the end of the month will be Alucard. More realistically the Wizarding World will be reduced to scattered guerilla warfare inside of two weeks.

Three, Try to hide out. Their ability to block apparition means this would probably be futile, and since trying to escape has been met with lethal force already, it is unlikely to be seriously considered.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

consequences wrote:Hilarious, considering I ran into both 'The Muggle Way' and 'Prophecies, We Don't Need no Stinking Prophecies' at TTH(which I also only cruise begrudgingly).
Try searching for the phrase "Marrige Law".

Then run with it.

Those Harry Potter Fanbrats can be downright twisted, I tell ya.
In any case, his performance was actually the one part of the fic I had no issue with.
Thank you. Though, to address the other complaints, I will re-write and tone down the violence and better explain the nature of the dickery (or at least, hope to--ya never know how something will come across).
I've seen HP healing capabilities done every possible way, so I wasn't going to make an assumption, preserving it easily could have been wishful thinking on Harry's part.
Regardless, I'm going to do away with that portion.
Well let's see, we have the guy who works with the girl trying to change eevrything, who's visibly cringing at the party line being put forward, and is at least tring to be decent. Plus of course, the fact that if the Axis of Cunts had done their intel work at all they'd know his geneal portfolio.
Ya know, I'm starting to like that phrase for some reason.
How exactly is this different than how things ran under the old Watcher's Council?
Aside from being smaller, it was more cult-esque control instead of militant enslavement.
Whih is a fantastic pretext for a regime change. Those don't generally start with violence at the peace conference by the people who plan to do the changing if they intend to retain the moral high ground.
Conceeded, but I do wish for there to be violence. Because it is fun.

But, that can be arranged, I think.
Ah yes, the old 'waah, memory alteration is the most evilest nastiest thing ever' bugaboo.
How is it different from mind control, really?
Since you've crammed so many other universes into this one, that becomes a simple necessity of survival as opposed to the usual unspeakably arrogant dickery.
Understand--this part was kept hidden and should have been made more explicit. Wizards originally hid themselves to hide from Lovecraftian Horrors, leaving Muggles fucked. Over time, this mutated into arrogance from their isolation.

They left humanity to be raped by the tentacles, in essence. So, after the treaties were formed with Hellsing and MI-13, they promptly ignored them to keep hiding from said tentacle rape.

That is my mistake for not making it more explicit.
That's okay, you only hit yet another pet peeve of mine with the whole 'your enemies are shit and you must be too' blustering.
That second part is presumption on your part, but the first part is sadly accurate. Compared to South American Nazi group(s), Voldermort is small potatoes.

Let's not mention the Sarmak's of Mars a hundred years prior. Or the Anti-Monitor/Heartless Incident of the 1980s. The Goa'uld, The Baltan, Empera, Cthulhu, King Ghidorah, The Daleks, Cybermen/Borg, Haruhi Suzumiya, the Thing, the Blob, The Umbrella Corporation...

This world is not a nice place. Or a very sane one.
This leaves the Wizarding world three basic options:

One, complete unconditional surrender while hoping that the soldiers of the other side don't kill you because they feel like it. This is unlikely for a variety of reasons.

Two, total unrestrained war. If run properly by Hermione Granger, the supergenius ruthless enough to frag her own parents' memories in support of the mission, then the only one of the factions left standing at the end of the month will be Alucard. More realistically the Wizarding World will be reduced to scattered guerilla warfare inside of two weeks.

Three, Try to hide out. Their ability to block apparition means this would probably be futile, and since trying to escape has been met with lethal force already, it is unlikely to be seriously considered.
Conceeded. I shall indeed change it for the better.

Probably later in the week, though.
Browncoat

Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

How does Haruhui Suzumiya count as a terrible enemy of all that is? She is a high school student, and the only thing you have to do is keep her blissfully ignorant of her powers in order to keep her that way.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Vehrec wrote:How does Haruhui Suzumiya count as a terrible enemy of all that is? She is a high school student, and the only thing you have to do is keep her blissfully ignorant of her powers in order to keep her that way.
She, like several other characters, hinge reality on their wants, dreams and perspectives.

If slain, this dimension will cease to exist, and require one of the adjacent, non-alternate dimensions to reboot reality.

She is something akin to a Waste Lock without the urge to kill people (Reference: Johnny: the Homicidal Maniac).
Browncoat

Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

If you want to make the Axis of Cunts seem a little more justified, perhaps you should start listing off all the crap the wizards either caused or made worse by their actions/inactions and then have the ambassador shrug it off with a "They were only Muggles" sort of expression, at which point a certain amount of ballistic rage would be more than justified, especially considering the horrific losses of the Nazi attack on London in Hellsing where I have no idea how many tens of thousands of people died in the bombing and shooting and vampire/zombie attacks.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Oh, having the wizards taking the first shot, or even just drawing their wands before the 'kill them only if you have to' line would do wonders for the post-debacle posturing. So would having someone try, however ineffectually, to stop Alucard at any point in the process.

To address random other points because I feel like it:

Marriage Law fics are of the devil, being only one step above mary-sue self-insertions, two below bog-standard mysogynist harem fics, and three above My Immortal. At this point, I have to fall back on the raw numbers, if even a tenth of a percent of HP fics are going to make you claw your eyes out and light yourself on fire, there's still hundreds of them on FF.net alone.

The Old Watcher's Council took it upon itself to put down rogue slayers, acted as if only it could provide the controllers, and outright tried to kill each and every Slayer if they made it to age eighteen. If they had any magical aptitude, they and the wizarding world undoubtedly got on great.

Memory alteration can certainly take the form of mind control, if done in a heavy handed enough manner. It's stretching the point to call it that if the command is to forget about what just happened and go about your life. And even if it is, it's better than killing people, which is the traditional method of 100% reliable secret keeping.

Did they have any realistic chance of doing more than dying pointlessly at the tentacles of the eldritch horrors? If yes, then they suck. If no, then more power to them for accomplishing more than most do in that situation by successfully bugging out.

The door guards outright say that he'd shit himself if faced with ye old Nazi Vampire. This is undoubtedly the case, but only because that tends to happen to everyone when they get killed. Of course, one wonders how exactly the wizarding world was supposed to materially help against the superhuman monsters that dodge the intent of automatic weapons fire, much less individual spells.

For an entirely new issue, it's ridiculously unlikely that Alucard would content himself with some no-account auror schmuck when he could test the mettle of the Boy Who Just Keeps Living.
Satori
Youngling

Post by Satori »

Wow, and i thought i got thumped hard for Trial of Bastila Shan. You have my sympathies Majin.

Can't say i liked how you portrayed most of the characters (only Integra and Harry seemed plausibly IC to me), but this is fanfic, and thus some slack is in order. Do continue if you have plans for more, I find your writing quite enjoyable.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Well, rightg now I only plan for a re-write. Sometime this upcoming week.

One possible sequel where negotiations go even futher south.

Beyond that, the only other thing remotly related is eventually getting off my ass for that Modern Soul Calibur concept...

Somehow, I'll pull it off...

But what I plan and what actually happens ain't rarely been similar.
Browncoat