havokeff is drawing (NSFW)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Can we have a Spaceship Yamato being destroyed by Starfighter TBF Avengers? :)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Lonestar wrote:Can we have a Spaceship Yamato being destroyed by Starfighter TBF Avengers? :)
I don't know what any of that is.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

havokeff wrote:
Lonestar wrote:Can we have a Spaceship Yamato being destroyed by Starfighter TBF Avengers? :)
I don't know what any of that is.
The Yamato was a carrier space ship in the computer game Starlancer, IIRC.
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Perhaps he is talking about this

Space Battleship Yamato

Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Isolder74 wrote:Perhaps he is talking about this

Space Battleship Yamato

He is indeed. It's a Japanese animation where the logical thing to do in the event of an alien invasion is the recover the wreck of the Yamato and turn it into a space ship superior to alien vessels.

Which is why I think starfighter TBD Avengers(the Naval bombers that torpedoed the Yamato in real life) would be awesome.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Nothing I'm all that fond of, but the only things I've done in a bit...
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Ha-ha! Poor Batmang! I guess he can't breathe in space now, can he?

I love the skinny freaky totally-calm look you gave the Joker. He looks... scary.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

I like how you gave Joker no outlines in his suit. It makes him look that much more unnatural.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

I'd like to see what you could do sketching some stuff form Stuart's 'Armageddon', that would be awesome.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Coriolis
Padawan Learner

Post by Coriolis »

I didn't feel like dredging up my old thread, so here we go.

A shit load of work got dumped on me this semester, so I haven't really been coloring at all. I was working on this a few months ago and I just polished up on it.
PRFYNAFBTFC - Verendo Iugula
Commander, Halifax-Class Frigate
MFS Doom Panda
Coriolis
Padawan Learner

Post by Coriolis »

Slowly, the ships pulled out of the harbor. One by one, their majestic hulls swept by the ghost town of Havana. Just a week ago, Cuba was teeming with life. The ships were piled high with crates upon crates of booze and fine liquor. Scores of women pranced about the decks, most without clothing. As the mighty Taskforce Cuntpuncher slowly sailed into the sunset, a strangely tinny rendition of the Ghostbusters Theme resounded through the air.

PRFYNAFBTFC - Verendo Iugula
Commander, Halifax-Class Frigate
MFS Doom Panda
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Er...how are those slack, loose, and not in any way secure loops of chain holding Batman?
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Yeah... I was getting bored, so I just fudged that. Lets say... That the injection is fucking Bats all up and he doesn't even realize he could just escape. :wink:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

I'm going to second the request for drawings from Armageddon. Could you do some of those sometime, Hav? They'd be awesome.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

That is probably the most menacing Joker I've seen. Even if you don't think it's your best work, it's definitely not a bad effort. American Colossus isn't such a bad idea either, though at first I thought he was Comrade Colossus.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Ford Prefect wrote:That is probably the most menacing Joker I've seen. Even if you don't think it's your best work, it's definitely not a bad effort. American Colossus isn't such a bad idea either, though at first I thought he was Comrade Colossus.
No, it is Comrade Colossus.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I am shedding manly tears right now. :D
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

OK. So I was motivated tonight. Came up with anew character for my comic-verse and since it had been brought to my attention that I was neglecting my solemn duty of drawing large "bewbs"... some large breasts ahead. :D

Well start with Black Streak! I have no idea why I chose that name other than it sounds cool.

Some backstory....

The Praetorian, as some of you know. is a super hero I created. He received his powers, along with his brother, during the height of the Roman Empire and the Praetorian Guard, hence his name. He and his brother were sent to investigate a "shooting star" by the Emperor and tasked with retrieving it as the Emperor believed it was a sign from the heavens of his divine right to win the battle he was about to fight. When the brothers arrived, what was left of the meteorite was giving off radiation that the two absorbed. It granted them both magnificent powers, much like those of Superman, minus the corny stuff. (Heat vision, cold breath)

Thousands of years later, in the 1940's, another meteorite crashed to Earth, but this time in the United States. The fragment was also much smaller and covered in a substance that was trapping the radiation inside. The US military, having gotten a hold of the meteorite, began running and conducting tests. One scientist theorized that the radiation that "allegedly" gave The Praetorian his powers was the same that was contained in the meteorite. He further hypothesized that if an American was exposed to the radiation, the US would have it's own super hero. One that would work to further the US's goals and not for the whole world as The Praetorian did.

Tests were immediately funded but with horrible results. The American soldiers that were exposed to the radiation were dying. Also, as each new soldier absorbed radiation, it was depleting the meteorite. A young, and brilliant assistant, believed that only a very specific human would be able to absorb the radiation with the desired effects and he was tasked with figuring out which type of person that would be.

After 15 years of research, a believed match was found. A young Japanese-American man. However, due to the original tests and the time the meteorite had been on Earth, the precious power giving radiation was almost gone. The now middle aged scientist had another brilliant breakthrough. He devised a process that would allow the young man to absorb the meteorite itself into his body allowing him to completely use whatever radiation was left.

The experiment was a success and created a being actually far more powerful then The Praetorian. Black Streak was born.

Black Streak faces of against The Praetorian for the first time.

So... what do you guys think?
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

And now the "bewbs"!
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

The second picture looks great. Might I suggest a costume redesign, namely getting rid of the pouch? It doesn't work well with the general look of Streak.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I love Power Girl. I have tried to take the advice of some here and give a more feminine look to my super heroines.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

DEATH wrote:The second picture looks great. Might I suggest a costume redesign, namely getting rid of the pouch? It doesn't work well with the general look of Streak.
It's actually a holster and a gun. I figured that since he is a strong as Superman, that he might not always want to punch people in half and early in his career, fine control wasn't always easy to use.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Back to the boobs.
Just an idea for a gravity defying dress. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

First off, drawing Asian people is... not quite hard, but annoying. I found that the key is not the eyes, but actually the nose and mouth. Caucasians usually have nostrils you don't see straight on. After studying some portraits and pictures, I found that quite a few Asian races have nostrils that you see straight on.

Also, Japanese women seem to have really small mouths. Usually when I draw a female face, my mouth rule is that it is as wide as the center of one eye to the center of the other eye. Quite a few Japanese women have mouths that only go from the "inside" of the eye to the other, and some only go as wide as the outside of the nose, as my drawing below does.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Cat Woman. I don't think her hair is ever THAT long.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)