The silliest idea you've wanted to portray seriously?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Mmm... I'm so gay for Jesus.

TESTIFY BROTHER!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Paolo
Youngling

Post by Paolo »

Britney Spears meltdown....in space.
Grey Eminence
Redshirt

Post by Grey Eminence »

The craziest bit of work that I ever plotted out was a crossover between Animal House and Harry Potter. No attempt at plausible history, just what would happen if you took Animal House and dumped it in the laps of 4th year Harry at Hogwarts. Besides they are an animal in their own right, not sure what it is, but I would surely warrant its own house.

The whole notion began in response to the notion of McGonagle having a drunken tryst. And I thought Otter and it went downhill from there.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I had an idea for a "Power Rangers Dino Thunder" fanfic where someone finds the dupilicate Power Coin/Dragger Dagger created during MMPR's "Return of the Green Ranger" and wreaks havok. Leading to Tommy taking the Dino Rangers on a fieldtrip to Angel Grove ot fiall come to terms with the evil he once wrought. Such a fic would eventaully have Tommy claiming baclk the green ranger powers from his opponent and saving the day in the Dragonzord. The main scene I had in mine was were he rejects the call of "Dino Thunder! Power Up!" because ITS MORPHING TIME DAMNIT!
irishmick79
Rabid Monkey

Post by irishmick79 »

I thought up a plot where Jason Bourne winds up at Hogwarts. Bourne gets captured in London by the CIA, who sedates him so they can bring him back and try and 'reprogram' him. The sedative unlocks a portion of Bourne's brain which his magically inclined. Consequently, Bourne escapes in a massive chase through London, where he stumbles upon the train platform to Hogwarts. Seizing the only opportunity to escape, Bourne takes his chance and winds up stowing away on the train with the students.

Bourne is able to hide in Hogwarts for a while, figures out a little bit about the Wizard world but ultimately emerges after a few 'incidents' where students stumble upon him and Bourne beats the holy hell out of them rather than risk being discovered, putting the school into a lockdown.

I hadn't figured out where to go from there, but basically I had the CIA trying to figure out what the hell happened to Bourne, and then actively trying to infiltrate Hogwarts while the wizards at Hogwarts try to figure out what to do with the most dangerous muggle they've ever known.
"A country without a Czar is like a village without an idiot."
- Old Russian Saying
pucky18
Redshirt

Post by pucky18 »

I thought up a plot where Jason Bourne winds up at Hogwarts. Bourne gets captured in London by the CIA, who sedates him so they can bring him back and try and 'reprogram' him. The sedative unlocks a portion of Bourne's brain which his magically inclined. Consequently, Bourne escapes in a massive chase through London, where he stumbles upon the train platform to Hogwarts. Seizing the only opportunity to escape, Bourne takes his chance and winds up stowing away on the train with the students.

Bourne is able to hide in Hogwarts for a while, figures out a little bit about the Wizard world but ultimately emerges after a few 'incidents' where students stumble upon him and Bourne beats the holy hell out of them rather than risk being discovered, putting the school into a lockdown.

I hadn't figured out where to go from there, but basically I had the CIA trying to figure out what the hell happened to Bourne, and then actively trying to infiltrate Hogwarts while the wizards at Hogwarts try to figure out what to do with the most dangerous muggle they've ever known.
That has to be, in all honesty, one of the awesomest ideas I've ever heard.
_|_>.<_|_
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

I had a Jason Bourne idea once, after seeing 'Identity' for the first time, that Jason Bourne replaced Ryoji Kaji in Evangelion as the character who gets sent over with Unit Two (Kaji is still around, a good friend of his in fact, but somewhere else).

Bourne is under the command of SEELE and Gendo like Kaji 'Publicly' but really is working for a top secret CIA cell known as 'Treadstone' to investigate and stop Gendo/SEELE.

THe fic would have been short, with lots of Bourne generally finding the truth about NERV quickly, then executing Gendo, Keel and his Merry Men, all the while trying to dodge Asuka making cats eyes at him.

Thankfuly, it never got off the ground.

I also hate 99% of Harry Potter crossovers with Sci FI, because frankly they tend to wank out the HP side obsessively (same deal with Buffy Crossovers).

But I sort of had an idea that the Void Ship from Dr Who 'Army of Ghosts' instead of ending up in canon in Torchwood, crashed into the HP world because the Cult detected the most weird energy readings. The Daleks, whoes shields protect them from the magical crap, then proceed to 'investigate' the Magical world, which generally reads as "EX-TERM-INATE!" after a Death Eater makes the mistake of trying to shoot one with the killing curse (think those Cybermen who tried to shoot that Dalek, did nothing, and it just blew them away).

It would have been a short, stomping, fic.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Ummm.... are you sure you aren't recalling Maijin Gojira's fic Over Estimate for that last suggestion? Because that plot you just described is what that story is.
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

No, never knew it existed.

Scuse me, I'm off to FF.net :D

Edit.
Damnit, It wasn't finished!
Peptuck
Is Not A Moderator

Post by Peptuck »

I had an idea for a Final Fantasy VIII/WH40k crossover, which essentially consisted of an Imperial fleet stumbling across the FFVIII world, forcing them intot he Imperium, and then the Inquisition started rolling in to hunt these "SeeDs" and "Sorceresses" which sounded an awful lot like psykers. Meanwhile, Khornate cultists have already beaten them to the world and are causing mayhem, and the Eldar are poking their noses and elongated ears into everything, manipulating dissident factions within the Imperial Guard against one another. One of my ideas was having Seifer fall to Chaos, serving Khorne and becoming a Chaos Champion. Never got off the ground, as I couldn't hammer out a plot that went beyond "SeeDs getting their asses kicked by Space Marines."

I also regulary participate in a series of crossover/roleplay writing tournaments where the whole point is to come up with insane interaction between different characters from different realities. All sorts of insane shit has happened - once, I wote Hellsing Alucard taking on a Soul Edge-possessed Lu Bu, Master Chief fighting Jedah Dohma from Darkstalkers, and in my most recent bout of insanity, Firefly's River Tam getting into this really, really weird protector/protectee/romatic/nibbletastic relationship with Heat from Digital Devil Saga. That's not counting other people's bits of sanity-stretching lunacy, such as Kaze Daizemon from GANTZ powerbombing Hitler into the sun. (dead serious; one part took place in Pearl Harbor, 1941. Kaze jumped onto a Zero, punched out the pilot, and flew it over to Nazi Germany, where he then slapped down Mussolini and then powerbombed Hitler into fucking the Sun.)

Also, the idea of a serious Mario Bros. fanfic has got ideas percolating in my head.
X-COM: Defending Earth by blasting the shit out of it.

Writers are people, and people are stupid. So, a large chunk of them have the IQ of beach pebbles. ~fgalkin

You're complaining that the story isn't the kind you like. That's like me bitching about the lack of ninjas in Robin Hood. ~CaptainChewbacca
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Serious Mario Bros. should be a collaborative project. I've always wanted to do one of those.
Peptuck
Is Not A Moderator

Post by Peptuck »

I had this idea that the storyline of Yoshi's Island was this bitter guerilla war between the Yoshi's against Kamek's unstoppably huge army, and that they were fighting and sneaking through Kamek's lines and breaking his hold over their island one level at a time, all the while keeping Baby Mario safe.

I mean, look at the Yoshis' main form of attack: they eat their opponents and use the processed remains of their bodies as ammunition. Its rather disturbing when you think about it....

Writers are people, and people are stupid. So, a large chunk of them have the IQ of beach pebbles. ~fgalkin

You're complaining that the story isn't the kind you like. That's like me bitching about the lack of ninjas in Robin Hood. ~CaptainChewbacca
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Peptuck wrote:I had this idea that the storyline of Yoshi's Island was this bitter guerilla war between the Yoshi's against Kamek's unstoppably huge army, and that they were fighting and sneaking through Kamek's lines and breaking his hold over their island one level at a time, all the while keeping Baby Mario safe.

I mean, look at the Yoshis' main form of attack: they eat their opponents and use the processed remains of their bodies as ammunition. Its rather disturbing when you think about it....
Which, really, makes me think of Kirby's cannabalistic tendencies. Kirby is obviously some sort of super-xenomorph, taking on the attributes of whatever he eats.
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Sillies crossover idea?

I once had the idea for a mega 80's tv crossover spectacular, where Boss Hogg has gone too far and the Duke boy's hire the A-team to help them run him out for good. Meanwhile, the army has enlisted the aid of Magnum, who knew Hannibal and the boys back in 'Nam (somehow), as well as Knight Industries, to help bring down the fugitive commandos. At the same time, Simon and Simon, in competition with Rip Tide, all find themselves in Hazzard after tracking Knight Rider there on an industrial espionage case... Or something like that.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

You Know My Name contains a reference to the events of Scooby-Doo Meets Batman and Robin.
God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world
Rawtooth
Padawan Learner

Post by Rawtooth »

I occasionally entertain the idea of a serious story set in the Pokemon 'verse. The main plot that bounces around is the tale of a troubleshooter and her partner Machoke attempting to deal with terror attacks involving the use of suicidal Pokemon such as Geodudes, Magnamites, and Voltorbs.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Various characters from fiction (jedi knights, power rangers ) with awesome physical skills on an alien game show version of gladiators.

I just trying to figure out who will be the gladiators, although I think a WH 40K space marine would be a good gladiator.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Rawtooth wrote:I occasionally entertain the idea of a serious story set in the Pokemon 'verse. The main plot that bounces around is the tale of a troubleshooter and her partner Machoke attempting to deal with terror attacks involving the use of suicidal Pokemon such as Geodudes, Magnamites, and Voltorbs.
Oh man, a gritty detective story like that would be totally badass. I have been totally outdone; my serious Pokemon idea was just your standard action thriller, taking a ratherl iteral interpretation of the information presented by the in-game Pokedex. Things like Rhydon's toppling buildings, Machamp's smashing objects beyond the horizon, Tyrannitar's altering local geography etc.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Darth Smiley
Padawan Learner

Post by Darth Smiley »

I've always wanted to put Jason Bourne in to a Yu-gi-oh setting and have him beat the stuffing out of the series villians ( and some of the heroes too). I find this very annoying.
The enemy's gate is down - Ender Wiggin
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I've had two strange Stargate: SG1 fanfics floating in my head for the last year or two.

The first one would take place after "Small Victories" and focus on the USAF's attempts to salvage the Stargate that sank with the Beliskner . They would bring in Dirk Pitt and his team (from Clive Cussler's NUMA novels) to recover it from the bottom of the Pacific, though they wouldn't know what the USAF was looking for. This premise is, eh, still somewhat plausible, but not as silly compared to the next one.

In this second idea, SG-1 crosses over with the Wizard of Oz. The team finds that Oz is in fact an alien world, that the Wicked Witches are Goa'uld (rather than a house falling on the Witch of the East, she gets vaporized by the "Kawoosh" of the incoming wormhole), the Ruby Slippers are a form of Ancient technology, etc.

I'm still tempted to write this one if only for comedic value. As it is, it wouldn't happen, if at all, as I'm almost finished plotting out a new project called Fearful Symmetry....
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

Not really silly but strange, I had an idea for a story about the (biblical) Rebellion in Heaven told from Satan’s point of view, I had a fair bit planed out.

One of the aims was a sort of “true behind the propaganda” and “history is written by the victors” themes in it.

God would be non omnipotent but instead his power would come from knowing the true names of all things allowing him to control them. His greatest power would be to create “Great Names” (the 6 big creations in Genesis).

God would not be the “baddy” per say, but rather a father who could nearer believe ill of his favourite son. The main villain would be Adam.

The story would start with Adam talking to God and saying as he was made in Gods Image all things save god are subservient too him, God agrees and tells Adam he can name all the things of earth and so doing game power over them, Adam dose so and the next day again talks to God and say that since he is Gods greatest and final creation the Angles them selves should bow to him (this bit is taken from Islamic tradition) and so God sends the Angles to bow to Adam and all do so save Lucifer who (as Gods former favourite) refuses to bow. The next day Adam goes to God and tells God of Lucifer’s refusal and so God tells Adam Lucifer’s true name to force him to.

Adam tries to use Lucifer’s true name to force Lucifer to bow, but instead Lucifer resists to such a degree that his fundamental nature and hence True Name is changed.
The new name is not known to God and hence Lucifer can no longer be compelled to do things by God.

They fight a war (which I have not really planned) and it ends with Lucifer standing over a defeated God, but he can not bring himself to strike down his father and so pulls back. God uses this rest byte to use the last of his Greatest power and create a new Great Name, the place is called Hell and its name means “where all who opposes my will go”. All the rebelling angles are sucked in to Hell (allowing with the souls of any dead mortals who go against God). God them realising what he had dose (and sentenced his children too) his repent full and no longer having the power to undo it (using the Great Power six times tired him and a seventh total exhausted it) leaves Earth with most of his angles leaving only those who can not see Lucifer as anything but an enemy (any angle who appears in the Bible after this point).

Anyway one of the main things would be that the rebels would be the "good" side and even if God was not evil Heaven is still the opposition.
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

I got slightly buzzed last night and walked in on my sister watching the recent Phantom of the Opera movie.

Don't ask me why, but suddenly I had a notion of a 24-Phantom crossover...mostly ending halfway through the first act, with the Phantom grabbing Christine and getting about twenty meters before his kneecaps explode after Jack shoots them out, then slams him against the wall demanding to know where he's put the nuke...

This is one reason why I almost never drink heavily enough to get drunk, weird stuff happens...
Peptuck
Is Not A Moderator

Post by Peptuck »

Chris OFarrell wrote:I got slightly buzzed last night and walked in on my sister watching the recent Phantom of the Opera movie.

Don't ask me why, but suddenly I had a notion of a 24-Phantom crossover...mostly ending halfway through the first act, with the Phantom grabbing Christine and getting about twenty meters before his kneecaps explode after Jack shoots them out, then slams him against the wall demanding to know where he's put the nuke...

This is one reason why I almost never drink heavily enough to get drunk, weird stuff happens...
I had an idea once for a 24 Christmas Special. Turns out someone's planning to steal Christmas, and Jack suspects a mole in Santa's workshop.....

Ryushikaze
Jedi Master

Post by Ryushikaze »

Doctor Who meets Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Told from the perspective of the Doctor and Companion boggling at the strange new world they've found themselves here.

They mesh better than one might think, but I still had to reject it for not being able to come up with a usable plot. Vignettes, not too hard, plot, difficult.

That, and I think the only way I can think to properly end it is with a not reset reset button, in which Simon uses the heart of the Tardis and Gurren Lagann to rewrite the past, setting his timeline on a different track.

A Doctor Story where the Doctor is by and large the passive observer (as opposed to active or nonpresent entity)? A bit off standard, but might be interesting.

Sorry, ranting. Other than that, it's probably the "Animated Series" or "Magical Guy" genre parody stories I am writing. The first has no fourth wall, a randomly shifting genre, and cynical bastards as its stars. The latter is about a young man chosen by the Norse gods to be the protector of the worlds. Problem is their reference tapes were a bit off, so in addition to horrible beasties, an impending and far ahead of schedule ragnarok, bitter rivals, clueless magical girls, and his complete lack of script immunity, he's got silly attack names and a hideous viking costume to boot.
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

I was channel hoping and flipped on to a show I use to watch called Fairly Odd Parents, and this got me thinking what would a Fairly Odd Parents Harry Potter Crossover be like.

Harry would have Fairy God Parents (likely Cosmo and Wanda) and have wacky adventures before Hogwarts. Then at Hogwarts you would have a Fairy hunting Snape (with Croker style jumping around) and possibly a Voldemort who had fairies but lost them for being evil (or became evil because he lost his fairies).

I also have a picture in my head of Harry calling Cosmo and Wanda after being kidnapped in 4th year and then deatheaters with butterfly nets caching them too and trying to drain there magic to add to Voldemorts.

In fact crossing Fairly Odd Parents with any show could be amusing.