[Macross]Yet another I need advice with a coworker thread

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Does this 'pined for someone for multiple years' pattern ever turn out well?

Somewhere north of 90% of the long-term couples I know became an item within three months of meeting each other. The remaining 10% or so consist of two friends who happened to become single at the same time and suddenly realised they liked each other. The only thing I've ever known to come out of multi-year obsessions, other than bitterness, restraining orders and sexual harassment charges, is a quick rebound fling when the person being obsessed over is dumped. I suppose that's better than nothing, the permacrush person gets some relationship experience and has something like a 50/50 chance of getting over the subject of their crush when dumped (after much angst). I doubt Macross is even going to get that, since he's incapable of acting within a timeframe meaningful to normal humans.
Macross
Jedi Master

Post by Macross »

All I can say is that you have misjudged me. If I try to explain myself any further it will only be met with more scorn and ridicule. If I say nothing, it only would only confirm your false impression of me.

I look over the responses in this thread and I see that some of you have not read a single word I wrote. They only responded to what they thought I wrote, or picked up on something someone else wrote. How can I possibly defend myself against this?

Consider this, why would someone with my background openly put myself into a position of ridicule? I thought this forum, a place where the people pride themselves on their intelligence, could help me with a problem, I thought this place would have the knowledge and experience that I could draw upon. But I see most of you lack the compassion and the insight to turn that knowledge and experience into wisdom.

I learned very early on that words do hurt, especially the taunts that contained some bit of truth within them. I am not hurt or angry or mad at anyone here, because you do not understand why I am the way I am or think the way I do. You do not understand me or my motivations. When I try to explain, you refuse to listen.

You say I am delusional, lying to myself, making excuses; well this is not the first time I have heard this said to me. You probably consider some of the things I said to be irrational, without reason or logic, yet I can say the same thing about some of the responses I see. I know that you can not relate to me or my experiences.

I do not want or need your pity or your sympathy, all I wanted was for you try and understand me and my point of view. Some of you started to understand me, while others could not see past their own preconceived notions of how someone should think and feel. You had to warp and distort everything I have tried to say, you discarded everything that I have learned and experienced so I fit into something that you do understand.

This is something that I have been experiencing my entire life, so I can forgive you. If you do not understand why, then you are probably not as smart as you thought you were. I do not say this as an insult, but rather something to reflect upon.
Iraq Weather Report: Sunni today, Shi’ite Tommorow

The Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Frankenstein...Wasting a minute of your time!
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Macross wrote:I thought this forum, a place where the people pride themselves on their intelligence, could help me with a problem, I thought this place would have the knowledge and experience that I could draw upon.
I think it's a case of everyone understanding what you're putting down, but you don't understand our answers. You took too fucking long, man. It's over, you fucked up.
Macross wrote:You say I am delusional, lying to myself, making excuses; well this is not the first time I have heard this said to me.
Gee, I wonder why this isn't the first time... :wink:
XXXI
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Starglider wrote:Does this 'pined for someone for multiple years' pattern ever turn out well?
If it does, I'd argue that the woman in question is incredibly maladjusted. The 'pined for someone for multiple years' pattern is, as has been pointed out, an indicator of emotional, intellectual, and social immaturity and insecurity. Such a person is simply not prepared for an adult relationship; it's unlikely that any relationship he's in could turn out well.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Macross wrote:All I can say is that you have misjudged me.
I haven't misjudged a fucking thing. Neither has anyone else. Do you want to know how I know that? Because you're describing the exact same behavior and making the exact same excuses that I made when I was the miserable little troll I described doing the exact same kind of creepy bullshit.

Let me ask you something, or reiterate someone else's question rather, have you spoken to her yet? You keep saying you will but you keep coming back to whine about how we just don't understand. And as has also been asked, what are you going to do when (not if) she rejects you? Huh? Have you thought about that at all? Are you going to swallow your pride and move on and stop this horseshit or are you going to spend the next ten years crying into your milk?
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

We understand you. You loved/idealized/pined for a woman for two years without doing anything. Then, you told us about it. When we told you to stop it and cowboy up, you pled social anxiety. When we gave you understanding and told you 'cowboy up anyway', you cried.
Consider this, why would someone with my background openly put myself into a position of ridicule? I thought this forum, a place where the people pride themselves on their intelligence, could help me with a problem, I thought this place would have the knowledge and experience that I could draw upon. But I see most of you lack the compassion and the insight to turn that knowledge and experience into wisdom.
You've been given advice by at least ten people in committed, long-term relationships. Nobody said advice has to be compassionate.
I learned very early on that words do hurt, especially the taunts that contained some bit of truth within them. I am not hurt or angry or mad at anyone here, because you do not understand why I am the way I am or think the way I do. You do not understand me or my motivations. When I try to explain, you refuse to listen.
Tell you what, start a sentence with "My motivations are..." and go from there. If EVERYONE doesn't 'understand' you, guess whose fault it is.
You say I am delusional, lying to myself, making excuses; well this is not the first time I have heard this said to me. You probably consider some of the things I said to be irrational, without reason or logic, yet I can say the same thing about some of the responses I see. I know that you can not relate to me or my experiences.
If you KNOW we can't relate to you, why are you asking us to relate to you?
I do not want or need your pity or your sympathy, all I wanted was for you try and understand me and my point of view. Some of you started to understand me, while others could not see past their own preconceived notions of how someone should think and feel. You had to warp and distort everything I have tried to say, you discarded everything that I have learned and experienced so I fit into something that you do understand.
Say it plainly. If you want advice, WE GAVE YOU ADVICE. Since you don't want sympathy, I don't know what else you're doing here.

Cowboy the fuck up. Yours isn't the most tragic of lives, it only seems that way because its the only one you've got.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Starglider wrote:Does this 'pined for someone for multiple years' pattern ever turn out well?
No. The only possible effect it can have is to reduce chances of action or success: even if it DID work, the odds of that success would have been the same or greater beforehand. It's a sop to anxiety, nothing more.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Macross wrote:All I can say is that you have misjudged me. If I try to explain myself any further it will only be met with more scorn and ridicule. If I say nothing, it only would only confirm your false impression of me.
If we've misjudged you, so completely, so totally, there is only one person to blame.

YOU.

You have presented us all the data points from which we can draw conclusions from. The uniform nature of the outcome(That you're mentally and emotionally immature and whiny) makes it clear it's no personal bias. If the facts you have stated are completely wrong, well, I'd ask why the fuck you were wasting time.
I look over the responses in this thread and I see that some of you have not read a single word I wrote. They only responded to what they thought I wrote, or picked up on something someone else wrote. How can I possibly defend myself against this?
You're projecting, kid. We read. At least in my case, I sigh deeply as I see you overinflating the importance of a nothing moment in your life, as you whine and whinge, as you accuse people who know this shit from experience.. That thing you don't have.. They don't know what they're talking about.

The only person ignoring or not replying is you. You could defend yourself by not being an arrogant little jackass. By not blaming others. But instead you are choosing to grandstand.

And thus you will be mocked all the harder.
You want a real answer to the question? Because you're a self-centred moron who is so convinced he's right he couldn't imagine ridicule. The real problem is that you have inflated nothing into an EPIC SHOWDOWN OF ULTIMATE DESTINY and we're all well aware that's bullshit.

Oh, your dismissal of advice didn't help either, jackass. When offered free advice, don't blow it off or claim the other person doesn't understand. Especially when it's relationships, and they're married. Retard.
Go ahead, kid. Go on. TELL ME WHY YOU ARE THE WAY YOU ARE. I have lost craploads of braincells on top of already being born with a social disability. So, child, you will man up and tell me what the crap is making you this way if there's anything to it.

You will ignore this. You skim posts because no one is agreeing with you. But in the off chance you do, I will be very interested in what sort of blowhard answer you give. I wonder if you will stupidly, childishly claim Asperger's, as so many others do when they realize they're being idiotic retards.
Go on then! MAN UP AND SAY WHICH ONES!

Oh, you can't. You're a whiny crybaby making this shit up.
Go on. Show us examples. I'm waiting.
This is something that I have been experiencing my entire life, so I can forgive you. If you do not understand why, then you are probably not as smart as you thought you were. I do not say this as an insult, but rather something to reflect upon.
When you manage to evolve a spine, you come back here and give some examples you whining little boy. These vague attacks are decidedly not welcome. And if they continue, you can expect scrutiny from me.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Macross wrote:All I can say is that you have misjudged me. If I try to explain myself any further it will only be met with more scorn and ridicule. If I say nothing, it only would only confirm your false impression of me.
If anything, people here have misjudged you--to kindly. You're a little shitscum wannabe stalker.
I, at least, read every damn thing you said. Conclusion: You're a stalker in gestation, someone who needs to grow up, quit the job, take a better one, and spend the money from it on booze and hookers in Vegas. I wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole, especially after this thread, where you actually make me concerned for the poor girl you're fapping after. And I assure you that most women would think the exact same way.
Consider this, why would someone with my background openly put myself into a position of ridicule?
Because you're a permavirgin with the self-esteem of a wet washrag.
I thought this forum, a place where the people pride themselves on their intelligence, could help me with a problem, I thought this place would have the knowledge and experience that I could draw upon.
We do. You just prefer "knowledge" and "experience" that are sort of like the brand of "truth" printed in Pravda. You want everyone to reaffirm your own stalker tendencies as being moral and your own stereotypical permavirgin behaviour as being acceptable. It isn't.
But I see most of you lack the compassion and the insight to turn that knowledge and experience into wisdom.
Stalkers don't deserve compassion, they deserve prison time. Do you really want to go there? If not, you had better toss a bucket of cold water on your head pretty fucking fast, because anyone who passes up a better job to stay near a woman they're attracted to for two years and yet never outright tells that woman he's attracted to her is a seriously fucked up. Insight? I've seen right fucking through you.
Ah, so since you're not hurt by us--and you may, of course, be lying, though I don't give a shit one way or another--that obviously means that you're right and we're wrong. Well, guess what? The real world doesn't work that way; the real world has something in it called Objective Fact. And the objective fact of this matter is that you're a snivelling little coward who has a deranged and unhealthy obsession.
You say I am delusional, lying to myself, making excuses; well this is not the first time I have heard this said to me.
Then you should have listened the first time, you little spineless rag of a man.
You probably consider some of the things I said to be irrational, without reason or logic, yet I can say the same thing about some of the responses I see. I know that you can not relate to me or my experiences.
Nobody in this thread can relate to your experiences because nobody in this thread is so fucking pathetic as to ever have ended up like you. That doesn't mean that we can't know it when we see it. You're, of course, just using dishonest debating tactics, claiming some kind of right to talk about obsessive relationships because they're the only kind you have. They're also unhealthy. This is like a bank robber demanding that we accept his authority as an expert in how to rob banks. Sure, he may be good at it, but it's ignoring the point that it's illegal and immoral in the first place! And so is stalking women.
I do not want or need your pity or your sympathy, all I wanted was for you try and understand me and my point of view.
You want us to all pretend to be losers for fifteen minutes, in otherwords? Sorry, I value my time too preciously to spend even fifteen minuets of it in the same way you've spent the last thirty-one years.
Some of you started to understand me, while others could not see past their own preconceived notions of how someone should think and feel.
Those notions are correct. Your's are incorrect, that's all that matters.
You had to warp and distort everything I have tried to say, you discarded everything that I have learned and experienced so I fit into something that you do understand.
You do fit into what we understand--a permavirgin loser transitioning into a neophyte stalker. We haven't distorted anything, and everything that you have learned and experienced is worthless self-delusional bullshit. Again, you insisted in the OP that you MUST be right because otherwise it would mean everything you have learned about relationships and about yourself in the past three years would be wrong.

Guess what?

EVERYTHING you have learned about relationships and about yourself in the past three years IS, in fact, Wrong

Now get over it.
This is something that I have been experiencing my entire life, so I can forgive you.
You stupid self-absorbed shit. You've had people telling you this for thirty-one years and it hasn't maybe occurred to you that they're right?
If you do not understand why, then you are probably not as smart as you thought you were. I do not say this as an insult, but rather something to reflect upon.
Call me back when you're a nuclear engineer and I'll concede that point, fucktard.

P.S. I know emotional intelligence is different, but it doesn't matter. You're simply a fucking loser.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote: Nobody in this thread can relate to your experiences because nobody in this thread is so fucking pathetic as to ever have ended up like you.
The really sad thing is, some of us have been there. We know what he's feeling; we've been in his situation. He doesn't seem to recognize the empathy we feel for him, though, because we grew up while he didn't. In some sense, his rants are typical teenage "nobody can understand me!" whining -- which can be forgivable for a teenager, but not for a thirty-one year old.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Heloise and Abelard pined for each other for years and are now famous for being devoted lovers, but I don't think 'castrated monastic male and disowned female in a nunnery write love letters for 30 years' is really anyone's definition of 'working out well.'
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Darth Wong »

Grow the fuck up, Macross. You keep whining that everyone has interpreted you wrongly, but you say absolutely nothing to correct these apparently enormous misconceptions. I think you know perfectly well that this is because they are not misconceptions. If they were really misconceptions, you would correct them rather than whining about how mean everyone here is.

"Wisdom" does not mean mollycoddling whiners, fool.
"It's not evil for God to do it. Or for someone to do it at God's command."- Jonathan Boyd on baby-killing

"you guys are fascinated with the use of those "rules of logic" to the extent that you don't really want to discussus anything."- GC

"I do not believe Russian Roulette is a stupid act" - Embracer of Darkness

"Viagra commercials appear to save lives" - tharkûn on US health care.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/RantMode/Blurbs.html
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

damn this whole mess reminds me of the whole Ray Cav "Amy" mess, where he was creeping out a girl from his high school....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Darth Wong »

You've got to love the way he posts a thread where he says he wants advice, then he immediately makes it clear that he will not actually take any advice, and when people get annoyed at him, he declares that we are too stupid and close-minded to understand him.

As it turns out, he never wanted advice. What he wanted was a bunch of people to look at him with understanding eyes and agree with everything he says. He seems to think that this forum was the kind of place where he would get that treatment, which only underscores his rampant stupidity.

Macross, go down to the pet store and get a dog. Only a dog will give you the kind of unquestioning support that you seem to crave. And in the process of taking care of the dog, you might even learn to think about people other than yourself. Oh I know, you think you already spend a lot of time thinking about people. You don't. You think about what you want people to be, not what they actually are.
"It's not evil for God to do it. Or for someone to do it at God's command."- Jonathan Boyd on baby-killing

"you guys are fascinated with the use of those "rules of logic" to the extent that you don't really want to discussus anything."- GC

"I do not believe Russian Roulette is a stupid act" - Embracer of Darkness

"Viagra commercials appear to save lives" - tharkûn on US health care.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/RantMode/Blurbs.html
Dendrobius
Mecha Fanboy

Post by Dendrobius »

In the interim between Macross opening this thread and now, I've gone from single to dating, have gone out a few times times, and this Friday night's booked as well.

Dude. Seriously. It just isn't nearly as hard as you're making it out to be. This girl's an acquaintance from uni who I lost contact with for a good while, and only started talking to again about a month or so ago. I didn't freaking wait two years...life's way too short for that crap. Just go and ask already, then move the hell on if it doesn't work out. It's not the end of the goddamned world here.
I know there is a method, but all I see is the madness.
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

Darth Wong wrote:You've got to love the way he posts a thread where he says he wants advice, then he immediately makes it clear that he will not actually take any advice, and when people get annoyed at him, he declares that we are too stupid and close-minded to understand him.
Reminds me this humor bit from another board:

OP: "Help! HELP! I'm stuck in a well!!!"

Posters1-4: "Climb! Climb up and take our hands!"

OP: "I'm thinking I should dig... should I dig?"

Poster5: "NO! I was trapped in a well, and digging is a bad idea! Climb out!"

Posters6-8: "We're lowering ropes! Take hold of a rope!"

Poster9: "I've even tied a harness to the end of this one!"

OP: "I can feel the ropes, but I don't want to hold onto them... should I dig?"

Poster10: "No! If you dig, you'll hit water, and then you'll be proper hosed. I should know, I almost drowned."

OP: "I dug a little bit just now, and I haven't hit water. I'm gonna keep digging..."

Posters11-18: "No! Climb! Climb out!"

OP: "Guys, I'm seriously stuck in this well! Help! HELP!!!"

Poster19: "I was trapped in a well once. It took me two years, but I managed to build a climbing machine that pulled me to safety out of a well bucket and a pocket watch. I'm dropping the blueprints, extra buckets, and an assortment of pocket watches."

Poster20: "I've engineered a jet-pack that will rocket you to safety. Stay where you are and we'll lower it down!""

OP: "Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep digging. I'll find the Mines of Moria and I'll just walk to the surface."

**Posters1-20 piss in the well**

Poster21: "Guys, seriously... stop peeing in the well."
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Masami von Weizegger
Padawan Learner

Post by Masami von Weizegger »

The thread isn't asking for help, it's about proving he can't be helped.

This sort of self-pity festival is common on the internet and real life and we all probably have dealt with it (or have been the cause of it) at some point or another.

It's a game. You give advice and watch as he shoots down why your advice sucks, won't work or doesn't apply to him. It's not about help, it's about drawing attention with himself at the center.

People who want advice ask and take on board advice from those with knowledge in such fields. People who want a pity party try and bullshit their way past such advice, maintaining that nothing could work for them, otherwise they would not be the sympathetic little snowflakes they are.
"That a man might embiggen his soul"
Big Phil
BANNED

Post by Big Phil »

Dendrobius wrote:In the interim between Macross opening this thread and now, I've gone from single to dating, have gone out a few times times, and this Friday night's booked as well.

Dude. Seriously. It just isn't nearly as hard as you're making it out to be. This girl's an acquaintance from uni who I lost contact with for a good while, and only started talking to again about a month or so ago. I didn't freaking wait two years...life's way too short for that crap. Just go and ask already, then move the hell on if it doesn't work out. It's not the end of the goddamned world here.
eyexist has you beat - it took him an evening to (not quite) get laid

Dodging a Bullet

(he chose not to as he didn't have a rubber).
In Brazil they say that Pele was the best, but Garrincha was better
Morilore
Jedi Master

Post by Morilore »

Walk away from this thread right now, Macross. What you wanted from it wouldn't have done you any good, and what it's giving you you won't accept.
"Guys, don't do that"
ANGELUS
Padawan Learner

Post by ANGELUS »

No, we haven't, it is you who is misjudging himself. You haven't learned anything from your treatment. You came to know that you have a condition and you are been treated and that is a good thing, the problem is that you are still making exactly the same mistakes you were making before the treatment, except this time you are making excuses and using that treatment to justify yourself for making those mistakes instead of really applying what you should have learned by now to real life. This is not just theory, it's like you were reading all of the text books but never actually using that knowledge in real life.

Let's think that instead of that condition you had anorexia. You've had it for years without knowing it until you learn you have it during a visit to your doctor... You accept you have a problem, you start going to treatment every week with an specialist, but somehow you still refuse to eat and you're not getting better because once you get outside the doctor's office you keep behaving as usual, except this time since you are already on treatment you make excuses to yourself that everything is going to be fine just because... See what I mean? it is not just about been treated, it is about applying it in real life and not just in the doctor's office.
I've read every single word you wrote, and so has must people around ere. We understand what is going on and we seriously believe this is wrong, but you refuse to accept the possibility that you might be wrong even if 20 or so people has been telling you for almost two weeks now.
Because you were never asking for advise, you were simply expecting everyone around here to automatically agree with you. And it seems that if we don't all agree with you then we must be bad guys who are simply making fun of poor little you.
You seriously think you're the only one who has ever had an issue like that around here? Of course people understand this kind of condition, just that must of us left it behind back when we were teenagers a long time ago. It seems that you haven't.
Yet, even after admitting that this is not the first time you hear this you still refuse to even accept the possibility that they might be right. No, just you you and you are right and everyone else in the world is wrong.
Oh! no problem, you don't have it. Perhaps if we saw that you are willing to get yourself together and grow up you would have our sympathy, but since you are so self centered that you refuse to accept that the others might be right and you might be wrong on a matter that you clearly have no fucking clue then I don't think anyone around here has sympathy for you. And it is you who is discarding everything that everyone here has learned and experienced to fit something YOU understand.
So, if we don't agree with you then we're not as smart as we think? that means that you and you alone are smarter that all of us on this thread?

I used to be a lot like that and I had a hard time talking to girls and socializing back when I was a teenager (and I mean really hard time). But I eventually got myself together and made a sincere effort to overcome it. It took a long time, but eventually I succeeded because I really tried.

I'm 27 years old. I used to have a steady girlfriend until we broke up about a year ago. Since then I've dated a couple of girls. About four weeks ago I met this girl that I really like (A cousin of mine introduced us) and so far we've had four dates. First time I asked her to go to the movies, second time we went dancing, third one we went to another town for lunch just for the fun of it, and last night we simply went to have some coffee. I really like this girl and I believe this might eventually turn into a relationship, but even if it doesn't work, heck! there are over three billion women out there! Eventually I'll find the right one! This is a natural part of life and even if you are afraid you must work hard to overcome it.

You must stop whining all around and crying that we don't understand you and that this everyone else's fault but not yours. What you want is never going to happen with this girl, so just drop it because that ship is long since departed. Next time don't be a coward and do things right from the start.
~ Some men just want to watch the world burn ~
Edi
Dragonlord
Dragonlord

Post by Edi »

The last thread where I remember a poster being as whiny as Macross has been here is this one. You can see where that ended up.

Macross, I read it all and came to the same conclusion as everyone else. What's happening here is that you came to the thread expecting to hear what you wanted to hear, but were told things you needed to hear. Ignore them at your own peril. We have no obligation to mollycoddle you and if you keep on whining, you WILL get more ridicule. And you will deserve it.
Warwolf Urban Combat Specialist

Why is it so goddamned hard to get little assholes like you to admit it when you fuck up? Is it pride? What gives you the right to have any pride?
–Darth Wong to vivftp

GOP message? Why don't they just come out of the closet: FASCISTS R' US –Patrick Degan

The GOP has a problem with anyone coming out of the closet. –18-till-I-die
Singular Intellect
Jedi Council Member

Post by Singular Intellect »

:shock: Dear fucking god, what a load of pathetic whining and dangerous obsession from this guy.

And I thought waiting a week or two before asking an attractive coworker out was a bit on the "waiting too long" side.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Instant Sunrise wrote:-snip BEST METAPHOR EVER! snip-
That seriously needs to be saved for posterity, man. You're awesome.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Terralthra wrote:
Heloise and Abelard pined for each other for years and are now famous for being devoted lovers, but I don't think 'castrated monastic male and disowned female in a nunnery write love letters for 30 years' is really anyone's definition of 'working out well.'
That's a bit unfair to poor Abelard, isn't it? It's not like he just watched her from behind a pillar - they were married and had a kid before their families broke them up.
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Post by Oni Koneko Damien »

Okay, first off, between Instant Sunrise, Sanchez, and Olrik, this thread has been transformed into pure win as far as fucking awesome smackdowns and hilarious allegories go.

Jesus assraping Christ you bleeding moron, you haven't explained anything! All you've done is relate more stuff which validates peoples' opinions that you're a creepy fucking stalker. You claim that people haven't been reading what you've been writing, yet that claim falls flat on its face when I can see on this page alone 4+ people going through your posts sentence by sentence and replying to each.

Here's a hint you seeping asswit: The knowledge, advice, and experience of others does you no good IF YOU DON'T ACTUALLY FOLLOW IT. Let me put it simply for you:

You: Help me everyone! Help me!

Everyone else: JUST ASK HER OUT YOU IDIOT!

You: No! ...help me, everyone, help me!

Go fuck yourself you immature, self-centered little creepshit. Jesus-fucking-Cthulhu I'm having to deal with several people like you in real life right now. A good friend of mine who's just coming back from a year and a half in Japan is now scared because a creepy stalker she had to deal with several years back has just started messaging her again. Do you know what she thinks of someone who holds a quiet crush on her for years and occasionally drops half-hints that he deeply wants her? She thinks he's a creepy fucking stalker and if she ever actually sees him, she's stated she's going to have a hard time not immediately stabbing him with something really sharp just to be sure that he doesn't follow her around anymore.

I've had to deal with creepy stalkers. I've had to deal with them following my girlfriend, I've had to deal with them molesting my sister, I've had to deal with them scaring the shit out of my best friends. I tend to get a little protective of the people I care about, and I know I'm not the only one who gets that way.

You claim that peoples' words here are really hurting you and that no one here understands you. Let me give you a bit of advice: Words hurt a lot less than fists, boots, and baseball bats. I'm passive to a fault and I have a hard time repressing violent urges against people who threaten my loved ones like that. Most people will go much further if they feel someone's that much of a threat to someone they truly care about.

I don't give a shit if you think you're the goddamn paragon of virtue. I don't give a shit if you think you're a poor, oppressed, persecuted, misjudged innocent here. Think about it you self-absorbed little shitstain: If the people *here* are this harsh with you, imagine what would happen if some of your coworker's friends got word about what a creepy little shit you are. If things continue the way I think they are, you're going to find out that there are things out there that hurt a shitload more than mere words.

I suggest you grow the fuck up very soon, otherwise you ARE going to get your ass kicked by people who rightfully see you as a dangerous stalker-type person.

And you know what? If that happens, I'll laugh at you, because I really don't like your kind of people. I used to have crushes that lasted years. That was back in middle and high school, I grew up.
Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee