The annual TISM appreciation thread.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

The annual TISM appreciation thread.

Post by weemadando »

Why? Just because I heard a clip of Greg! The Stop Sign! the other day and felt like posting this.

And also, because TISM are the greatest band ever. That's right. Ever. They mightn't be the most talented, or best dressed, or even the biggest, but damnit - if you grew up in Australia you love these guys (or you're a dumb bogan) and if you didn't grow up in Australia, you need to love them.

He'll never be an ole man River - their best known one in Australia.
Greg! The stop sign! - probably my personal favourite.
Thunderbirds or comin' out - most bands in a music video ever, to my knowledge (including a Tripod precursor for those with a sharp eye).
Defecate on my face - just to remind you that with the correct score, Leni Reifenstal becomes brilliant comedy.
Whatareya? - sadly, overplayed, but still great. The live version is better. Man, I miss Recovery, a morning music show that didn't suck.
Everyone else has had more sex than me - you've probably all seen this clip before.
If you're not famous at 14 you're finished - more genius, you really hope that the people in auditions knew what they were getting into.
Saturday Night Palsy - yes, it's odd. What of it?

TISM. Yes, they are awesome.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

No one? No one at all? And some of you dare to call yourselves Aussies.

And John Saffran delivers one of the best covers ever:
Ol Man River on Greek instruments
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

I love the Thunderbirds clip, I remember seeing that on Rage late one night and chortling heartily.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage